• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

They don't have to register to benefit from the info. They'll join in as and when they feel like it. In the meantime, they are welcome to benefit for the experiences being shared here.

I've come to realize that guys have high CNs and when i joined this forum, i was among the guys with high CNs (baboons), Atleast the numbers are moving fast and we'll hear more success stories...

I think its good this forum feeds people with alot of info and helps them...

This really helps me coz i'm single, never been married and no child/children... I guess i can relate to you and pray my interview will be as short as yours (but i don't know French)

Congratulations Karendi na UTHARIMWE!!![/B]

haiya. thot i was the only merian in the house

Hi Everyone :) I have a question: is it possible to still make correction with the infor you gave on dsp 122/ ds 230 form or its too late to correct? aint current yet . Thanks

HELP: Do we have any family person here who recently prepared her/his kids certificate? I mean late Birth registration? Am just curious??? I know i did my daughters because it had errors as in this is what the passport people told me. Who else did their kids after winning??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone :) I have a question: is it possible to still make correction with the infor you gave on dsp 122/ ds 230 form or its too late to correct? aint current yet . Thanks
Since you aren't current please do so immediately just send via email '

If you have been traditionally married for some years and even have a child together whose birth certificate has the dads name and the certificate is as old as the child all you may need are photos if they will ask for them. I dont know how they do it in Cameroon but you dont need to send your marriage certificate to KCC if you've been married for long. Just tell them the truth when the day comes that you formalized your marriage in order to get a certificate for the process. Come on people we know very well that here in our homeland certificates for marriages are rare and they also know it. But if its a newly wed thats when you are really scrutinized :p

Thanks Makiki, we are newly wedded but did not wed because of DV we have been planning our wedding long before since it initial plan for Dec 2011 and court wedding is one condition to wed in church so we have planned our church wedding for May and I did not know I have won. I have been Playing the Dv for years and not winning so I wasnot so interested in checking, I only check in Aug because of friend who asked me to check his. Makiki be confident I'm very bold, all I need is the opportunity to explain if ask for reasons. Ma Marriage is genuine. All I need is no KCC negative comments.

Since you aren't current please do so immediately just send via email '

@ Makiki thanks, i hope i wont endup on incomplete application list... Let me apply LOA and stop worrying. Im wishing this proces will come to an end soon, its agonizing :)

I think you should have included the marriage certificate when you sent in your forms, in particular since you formalized the marriage before your selection. It's a good thing you indicated married when you originally applied. Even if it's a regular practice for most African marriages to not have a marriage certificate since they're traditional marriage, you still want to have the paper evidence as requested. It's not too late to send in an updated DS-230 form with your marriage certificate since your interview has not been scheduled. You can email the documents so that your file gets updated before it gets sent to the embassy (there's no need to include passport photos). Just explain in your email that you need to get your file updated with your marriage certificate. This is what I would have done if I was in your situation, I wouldn't take anything for granted.

All the best.
Sm1
Thanks Sm1 so I can scan my MC and fill another DS-230 or only the MC should be send by Email?

Thanks Sm1 so I can scan my MC and fill another DS-230 or only the MC should be send by Email?

Email both the MC and a fill another DS-230. Explain in your email that you need KCC to update your file with the new DS-230 form and your MC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@misses i read the selectes instructions where they stated that "please do not send any civil documents to the kcc'' so i dont think you should send the MC to the kcc but got to present it during the interview

That was also the instruction i followed but landed me into trouble. Just send the MC and any other doc to KCC.

what do they rily want? all with same things in common: money deals,loan offers,money transfers to my personal a/c my personal info,i won this,that oh my i was in shock when i logged into my email the one below my signature which i dont use often only to find loads and loads of messages with this fishy deals.why do they need my personal info that much? do they want to interfere with my dv process? any ideas?

what do they rily want? all with same things in common: money deals,loan offers,money transfers to my personal a/c my personal info,i won this,that oh my i was in shock when i logged into my email the one below my signature which i dont use often only to find loads and loads of messages with this fishy deals.why do they need my personal info that much? do they want to interfere with my dv process? any ideas?

Precisely why you should guard your personal information closely. Get use to not sharing information unnecesarily, you don't want to learn the hard way when you become the victim of identity theft. Displaying your email address (wheather it's frequently used by you or not) in a public forum is un-wise

Ash , I sympathize with you about what you are going through and please do not lose hope. You will have many other doors and paths before you.

However, I would appreciate if you can confirm/correct my understanding below.

My second kind request: what exactly you see as your case creation date when you check it on
https://ceac.state.gov
(go to the link "Check My Visa Application Status" under immigrant visa. Remove zeros after region code in your case number and enter. Example 2013AFXXXXX)

Thank you very much.

Thanks alot. let me check the site and see what it says.

* DV 2013 applicant has a baby born in Dec,2011 (after eDV application)
* Applicant finds out that s/he is selected in May,2012
* DV 2013 selectee sends the forms to KCC including a DS-230 form for the newborn (without birth certificate, assuming that would be presented during interview)
* Selectee receives second notification for the interview. Newborn's name is stated but there is a remark for the baby: "NLN"
* Selectee goes to interview with newborn and the official birth certificate (certificate has the correct birthdate for Dec,2011)
* CO states that the KCC file was created on Jan,25,2012, "after birth of the baby" and without newborn's file hence denies visa.
thanks alot. let me check the site.