• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I believe it has alot to do with the the closure of 2012, remember it happens this month and since someone else said they also dont have their 2NL maybe just hang in there.

Thats very true. Infact those without the 2NL have a worse situation. So Wank should look at the brighter side that atleast he has his 2NL.

Catchme, I hand over to you now. Let me sign out. I have to go pick the kids from shule.

Can DV2013 files still be on transit?
Can KCC lie that; they have sent the files?
Is it that the Embassy don want to disclose their interview related inquiries? I remember, the Embassy also told me to go with 1NL & 2NL when my interview date kams though they have not received my case. What if my interview date comes while they still not yet have my case?
I have a lot of questions related to the interview concerning my case but now who should I inquire?

Can DV2013 files still be on transit?
Possibly!!! when do they claim they dispatched them?

Can KCC lie that; they have sent the files?
It could be they have already began dispatch or ur docs r in the dispatch queue thus outbound;Depending on whom u r corresponding to,the package might have been designated outbound(on their system) but its still within KCC due to inefficiencies within the (dispatch)system.

Is it that the Embassy don want to disclose their interview related inquiries?
I wouldn't group every officer within the Embassy into one mould;perhaps the one who answered ur query wasn't of much help or was reading from a script.Did u call or email?

What if my interview date comes while they still not yet have my case?
That would be highly unlikely,I'm yet to hear of such a case.All in all,ur info is only an email away if they would really be pressed on time.

I have a lot of questions related to the interview concerning my case but now who should I inquire?
I think calling them (persistently) would be best if u r not sure as to the details of the interview.

Hey guys,
Has anyone from Kenya & Uganda with a lower CN below 8000, current on OCtober and has received 2NL? Do we have anyone who have emailed the Nairobi Embassy concerning anything about his or her case? Anyway we are on the same boat and I think we're sharing the same as we prepare for the forthcoming interview. I think we should also share that "SAME".
For me I have been emailing the Embassy since 20th August, 2012 and till now they're saying that they have not yet received DV2013 files as well as they don't have my case. On their previous reply, they asked me to contact the KCC but when I contacted KCC, they insisted that I must forward all my inquiries to the Nairobi Embassy since they sent my case to Nairobi. Now that I emailed the Embassy yesterday they have told me to contact KCCINQUIRY@state.gov.
Is this normal?

(IMHO)For the best results,CALL!!!If the receiver is more than helpful,note his/her name & prefer to speak to the same individual for ur case;if not,be a nuisance until ur concerns are addressed.

Yes it seems normal. I understand yo frustration though. I would like to imagine that the files are still with KCC. Try again next week and see. Probably there is no one to be interviewed in the first two weeks of October from Nairobi that is why they are taking their time. But again, remember they have thousands of applications to handle. Since you are in the first batch, they are overwhelmed and that explains the delay.

I believe those for November onwards will not experience this.

I would like to imagine that the files are still with KCC.
perhaps...

Try again next week and see. Probably there is no one to be interviewed in the first two weeks of October from Nairobi that is why they are taking their time.
Who?kcc or the embassy?

But again, remember they have thousands of applications to handle.
Really!!! & they r toying with the idea of a 2nd selection,wassup with that?..or the DoS cares less!!!

Since you are in the first batch, they are overwhelmed and that explains the delay.
I do think that if this process didn't involve paperwork,this process would be a lot smoother & the back & forth that we're hearing about wouldn't arise.

System bug

hi good peole, i hope y'all doing good, @nesh422 that response is actually a system bug. Usually under normal circumstances you should be able to get your 2nd nl 2 months before your interview. I got mine early november while my interview was late january.

Dubai-b i still check in once in a while when i have the opportunity and yeah dv 2013 members are very active which is for the good of everyone you know. I hope your plans are falling into place as expected.

So far so good, been here for 3 months now, eventually got my learners permit today which is a bit limited (waiting for my drivers test in dec to get the full drivers license) and got my first job in my profession though i'll have to relocate from maryland to atl. Getting an id/dl has taken me longer than expected reason why i want to give you the skinny of things. Once you get here, if you'll be sticking with your host for a while make sure you open a bank account and get your statements to your hosts address or get your host to include you on their utility bills electricity, gas, cable tv etc. That will come in handy when applying for your id/dl (trust me you'll thank me later) #read proof of address.
And if you have a kenyan (or any other country's) drivers license make a point of carrying it, it will save you from a lot of hustle.

That's it for now, keep at it good people.
All the best.
what is a systembug?like automated answering machine?

Thank you all 4 yua advises

Thanks for yua support, yu are more than real brothers n sisters.
After yua advises, am feeling so much relieved though I have a lot to prepare for the interview.
Am passing sleepless nites praying, praying, praying seeking for strength, power of mind and wisdom for this challenging moment.
I hope everything gonna be GOD'S WAY.

perhaps...

Who?kcc or the embassy?

Really!!! & they r toying with the idea of a 2nd selection,wassup with that?..or the DoS cares less!!!

I do think that if this process didn't involve paperwork,this process would be a lot smoother & the back & forth that we're hearing about wouldn't arise.

Thank you a lot Obeezyb, anyway KCC didn't specify the date of our files dispatch
What happened to yua SIGNATURE? It looks so funny if not much funny.

Thank you a lot Obeezyb, anyway KCC didn't specify the date of our files dispatch
What happened to yua SIGNATURE? It looks so funny if not much funny.

Its a long way till June,July next year when I'll be current so how about I spice things up abit to make the w8 bearable.;)

Name Proof

Hallo Guys,

Sorry, I have not been active. My job entails travelling and so I cannot be online most of the time. As I write this am in China till 22nd Sept.

Now just a small question. My O' level certificate has my last name middle initial and then my first name. All my other certificates testimonials and even ID has all the three full names.

Do I need to swear an affidavit?

I will appreciate your help on this.

God bless you.

Ronnyblessed

Visa Bulletin For October 2012

This seems to be a bit slow;
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 13,900 Except: Egypt 6,600
Ethiopia 9,100
Nigeria 8,500
ASIA 2,350
EUROPE 7,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 400
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500

hello guys, can somebody pls furnish me with the site to check my interview date?

If according to your CN you are current, you should move on to email the KCC and request them to send you the date of your interview as you wait for the 2NL which will be contained with all your interview appointment details.

This seems to be a bit slow;
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 13,900 Except: Egypt 6,600
Ethiopia 9,100
Nigeria 8,500
ASIA 2,350
EUROPE 7,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 400
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500

Ok, am off by a whole 100. My magic table has 14,000.