• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

TRUE very TRUE majority of my high school mates and even home mates that are in the US after i tell them about my winning and exited about joining them they are not happy infact those who used to chat with me on facebook everytime they see me online nowdays dont even poke;);) me lol!!! Even my like 7 relatives they are obliged to wait and house us but they are not exited at all at all. This has made me search for enough info and that is why i am planning to join CNA classes immediately we land there so that we can move out in a months time. Its very funny how my friends have gone quiet on me and i thank God i have noticed so i dont also bother them with any any any question at all. People please do alot of research and get everything or every information with you when you get there you never know what will happen.

This is good. CNA would be a good starting point. Also for those who do not have money for CNA training, try finding jobs in group homes as Direct Care Workers, most of these do not require CNA, they just do internal training to their new hires though the pay is a few dollars less than a CNA. Just so u know, CNA and Direct care worker jobs are not easy as many people think, its not like assisting a Nurse kudunga watu shindano or filling patient vitals in a computer...lol, its a tough job and u must be ready and willing to do anything for another person. Its helping people take care of themselves..(bathing, cleaning, passing meds, helping in toilet,...u name it) thats why people refer to these as "*** wiping" jobs! I am sorry to write this but that is the truth. At least you should know whats awaiting you and be ready to face it. The best way to succeed is to have a goal in life, dont settle for CNA jobs, have a wider vision and just use that CNA as a stepping stone to move to greater things. If you settle for that, then your life will suck. Also be ready to work many hours at least to get enough to pay for your living costs. Most of the people who do these jobs don't even have time for themselves. Try and join college to get american education. Work and go to school! You can do it!! It is a very good experience especially when you move to a career job u say nishafanya hiyo job so i know what it is! I am happy that i worked as a Direct Care Worker but today i have a great professional job in a fortune 50 company! I am so blessed and happy at the same time that i was once doing those vibaruas. People be focused and settle for greater things!

This is good. CNA would be a good starting point. Also for those who do not have money for CNA training, try finding jobs in group homes as Direct Care Workers, most of these do not require CNA, they just do internal training to their new hires though the pay is a few dollars less than a CNA. Just so u know, CNA and Direct care worker jobs are not easy as many people think, its not like assisting a Nurse kudunga watu shindano or filling patient vitals in a computer...lol, its a tough job and u must be ready and willing to do anything for another person. Its helping people take care of themselves..(bathing, cleaning, passing meds, helping in toilet,...u name it) thats why people refer to these as "*** wiping" jobs! I am sorry to write this but that is the truth. At least you should know whats awaiting you and be ready to face it. The best way to succeed is to have a goal in life, dont settle for CNA jobs, have a wider vision and just use that CNA as a stepping stone to move to greater things. If you settle for that, then your life will suck. Also be ready to work many hours at least to get enough to pay for your living costs. Most of the people who do these jobs don't even have time for themselves. Try and join college to get american education. Work and go to school! You can do it!! It is a very good experience especially when you move to a career job u say nishafanya hiyo job so i know what it is! I am happy that i worked as a Direct Care Worker but today i have a great professional job in a fortune 50 company! I am so blessed and happy at the same time that i was once doing those vibaruas. People be focused and settle for greater things!

Well said and to the point...You have to start somewhere to achieve your goals....The sweetness of life is when look back and see how far you have come....Mombasa_guy america is not for everybody, just like kenya is not for everybody also.

TRUE very TRUE majority of my high school mates and even home mates that are in the US after i tell them about my winning and exited about joining them they are not happy infact those who used to chat with me on facebook everytime they see me online nowdays dont even poke;);) me lol!!! Even my like 7 relatives they are obliged to wait and house us but they are not exited at all at all. This has made me search for enough info and that is why i am planning to join CNA classes immediately we land there so that we can move out in a months time. Its very funny how my friends have gone quiet on me and i thank God i have noticed so i dont also bother them with any any any question at all. People please do alot of research and get everything or every information with you when you get there you never know what will happen.

I thought i was the only one in that situation....Do your research and infact this guys are amazed at how much you know when you arrive. You got the paperwork and that makes it easy to get down to business immediately. I plan to make google my friend all through coz amazingly it has almost all the information i need.

Am planning to get enrolled for a Nursing Associate Degree meanwhile i thought of starting from CNA to taste waters and see if i can handle the nursing job. My desire was to become an occupational therapist but this has to start from a masters degree so that is why i will take the baby steps. Thank you for highlighting about this, i am grateful and please tell us or advice us on other careers as well but with me am ok with the health areas and ready to do it.

Hello Forum mates,

Regarding my AP, my host told me that he received last week a letter request him to reply them with employment letter,his financial status and a form to fill explaining our relationship but he says he is busy and I am fearing and kind of losing hope because my confidence on him is getting low because our relationship not that much strong. So in case he didn't reply or insufficient financial asset assuming if he didn't reply the embassy will not inform me about that what's your advise?

any advice highly appreciated,
Thanks.

Unfortunately he is the one holding the key to your going to America, since you gave his contacts as your host to be then the embassy people will need to know him very well and what he does for a leaving and how much he has. It isnt much to ask of him to do, he can be sincere and answer the questions for you. Let him know that it is a normal routine check and you are looking upon him to help you. I dont think one can be that busy to write or fill in some forms for a friend. Meanwhile you can look for another person who is ready to give his details and be ready incase they ask of an alternative. I wish you the best brother

@MaKiki

Ma'am, how are you coping up with the waiting? This wait is really driving me crazy, time is really not moving in my case. It has been ages since I got my 2nd NL, and I am still quite far from the interview date? What should I do?

@MaKiki

Ma'am, how are you coping up with the waiting? This wait is really driving me crazy, time is really not moving in my case. It has been ages since I got my 2nd NL, and I am still quite far from the interview date? What should I do?

Can i tell you the TRUTH,,,, i just want time to CRAWL am freaking dead. I want one more month infact i feel like rescheduling. Anyway just keep yourself busy by googling job opportunities and universities and colleges in your destination city. I have applied to quit a few colleges and the response is good.

Can i tell you the TRUTH,,,, i just want time to CRAWL am freaking dead. I want one more month infact i feel like rescheduling. Anyway just keep yourself busy by googling job opportunities and universities and colleges in your destination city. I have applied to quit a few colleges and the response is good.

Ma'am, which city and state is your detination? I am thiking of San Fransicso, California. Your take on it?

Ma'am, which city and state is your detination? I am thiking of San Fransicso, California. Your take on it?

Would love to go South Western part of USA because of the good weather friendly just like where i am currently staying but am going to the North of USA where the Tornadoes are. It isnt bad i like it because of the weather and also it was ranked number three in The 10 Best Cities For Job Seekers by FORBES

No. 3: San Francisco, CA
Population Growth: 0.9%
Unemployment Rate: 8.6%
Median Income: $46,777
Median Rent: $2,702

Hey guys ..i found this link interesting a..about what to expect in America, http://www.punchng.com/feature/people-places/tales-from-washington/ i would wish to read your comments , i think we shouldnt expect heavens America has it challenges and discrimination even from fellow africans..They see new immigrants as a threat,..just try and tell a friend who is in the USA that you are coming over, ..they dont sound excited at all ..am so eager to know whats happening on the ground..

Thatz why Martin Luther was assassinated..........................Racial segregation has never totally come to an end. They usually try to hide it but deep inside.................??????????????????????????????/////

Hi .if one wins and gets a visa with his family,must they travel together or one can go earlier and others at a later date?a friend needs to know.
i will appreciate your replies.

You might not travel together but without DV1(principal applicant) yu can't go anywhere. The derivatives(beneficiaries)only gets the freedom to travel by their own after they get the GC. All the best guys.

You are welcome brother just feel free and come back home if this is your choice or what you want. You see people are different and see things differently a typical example is the following OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE depending on how you handle or see things will depend on what you read out of it. Personally i am not a quitter i dont quit easily that means i am NOT lazy. I see opportunities in every difficulty. All i can say to you is this “If you are going through hell, keep going.”

I know one thing is sure is that one can be in a country and yet his or her purpose is not felt and one can go to another country and make it.Example a ugandan can come to kenya and make and yet u are in kenya and you have not succeed so I support you Makiki,one has to be optimistic not pessimistic If God made u win among Million people I know guys he has a purpose for each one of you don't take it 4 granted enjoy the opportunity:p

Dont you dare reschedule your interview!!!!:mad:

I also dont think its wise to reschedule.Go for it and fear not.God will guide and see thru till the end.all the best!

Wow wow, busy weekend we had here, huh? Well, whenever i read these negative posts i feel demoralized, like i shd give up and forget about the whole thing, then someone posts something encouraging and am motivated to carry on. Am i worried about life in the US? Yes. So many what ifs. Oh Makiki i want to be your friend, with GUTS like that, i do admire your determination.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shorters interview ever

My Interview experience

OC; Do u swear that what you provide is true?
ME; Yes i do.
OC; then sign
ME; Sign
OC; Take this blue paper and come for your visa on friday.
ME; THANK YOU.

I took my visa on the said friday.
thank to ALMIGHTY ALLAH
POE; ALASKA