• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

MEDICAL INTERVIEW I FOUND IN 2011 FORUM BY WANJERI
My medical experience
I booked the medical personally at IOM on Monday 1st August for Monday 8th for Five members of my family and the quotation given at the main reception was Ksh. 132,000/= at an exchange rate of Ksh. 91 to the Dollar. They demanded either original passport copies or photocopies of the passports and the letter from KCC.
On 8th we arrived at IOM 4th Ngong Road at 7.40 and at the gate they demanded to know whether we had been booked for the day. After checking in at the reception we were directed to where counseling was taking place and they told us they don’t test for HIV unless one requests and if one is tested it takes around two months to get the result. Equally, they told us that the visa duration was also based on when one had the medical test. If they feel that one needs medical test that doesn’t bar you from traveling your visa will be of around 3 months, otherwise one does not need any medical attention in the near future the visa was to be for duration of Six months from the dates of the medicals.
We were taken to the Lab for blood samples and digital photo. It is hear that one surrenders one of the passports for the adults and two passports for the Children.
After the Lab, one is driven by the IOM van to Nairobi Hospital for the Xray and if there is a repeat for the X-ray you pay Ksh 400. It is hear that adults surrender one of the passports .We were then driven back to IOM and we made the basic payments which amounted to Ksh.57, 000 at an exchange rate of 91 to the Dollar. We also visited the vaccination room where they asked us for the vaccination history. I had learned a lot from the forum and I was armed with the right answers and the evidence of the vaccination cards for the young ones. That was all for the day and we were told to go back on 11th because of the kids who had been given a test for skin TB (TST)
On Thursday we were there by 7.30 and after checking in we were taken for the general physical checkup the eye, height and blood pressure. They also ask for your medical history like whether you have HIV, syphilis, blood sugar, whether you take drugs, you are on medication or you have been admitted to hospital. This is done by the clinical officer and then you are taken to another room where you meet the Doctor.
The doctor goes through what you had told the clinical officer to check for inconsistency if any. It is hear where the doctor confirms what you had told the clinical officer about the vaccinations you had received and remember to say you had been given smallpox dose and measles when you were young. You are then told to undress for the real physical check up. After that the doctor goes through your Xray and advises you accordingly. The doctor told us the Embassy is mainly keen on transmitted diseases like syphilis, TB and the likes. You are then given a form with all the vaccines to be given. After the Vaccinations which drastically went down in terms of quotation. We paid and we were given our vaccination certificate and that is it. We left with our X-rays as the report was to be sent direct to the Embassy. Finally, the bills had gone down from 132,000 to ksh 105,000 for 5 members

I currently have a non-immigrant visa valid until 2014 and I don't expect it to be a problem. I've been there and come back and can go back any time between now and when it expires. So the fact that you'll be back home for the DV interview should be proof to them that you are not looking to illegally stay there. Also, I don't think they ask about if you applied for the DV visa when you are applying for the non-immigrant (B1/B2) visa. So if you have a valid reason to travel, please go ahead with your plans.

Note: You can't have 2 types of visas at the same time, so when the DV is given, the rest of the validity period of the non-immigrant visa is cancelled.

The embassy is aware of of all your prior and current DV lottery applications. The CO told me this in the past when I was before them.

All the same applying for a non immigrant visa will not affect your DV visa chances.

The embassy is aware of of all your prior and current DV lottery applications. The CO told me this in the past when I was before them.

All the same applying for a non immigrant visa will not affect your DV visa chances.

If you applied for DV (submitted eDV application online) chances are you will be denied a visitor visa or a student visa as these visas are not dual intent; you have to actually convince them that you have no plans to immigrate to US in order to get these visas. You simply will not be issued a visitor visa and can't enter US until you get your DV.

On the other hand, if you apply for a non-immigrant visa and you actually got one by convincing them that you have no intention to immigrate to US, would that statement then hurt your DV process, that I do not know. This would be basically lying to get a visa, I don't think it would be wise to do that and risk any further immigration benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys ..i found this link interesting a..about what to expect in America, http://www.punchng.com/feature/people-places/tales-from-washington/ i would wish to read your comments , i think we shouldnt expect heavens America has it challenges and discrimination even from fellow africans..They see new immigrants as a threat,..just try and tell a friend who is in the USA that you are coming over, ..they dont sound excited at all ..am so eager to know whats happening on the ground..

ANOTHER TYPICAL MEDICAL INTERVIEW FROM 2010 FORUM HE! HE!:)
Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
Yaso what does the physical entail? I hear they tell you to strip naked .Is it true and so what do they check when you strip?

Yah actually you will be asked to take off all ur clothes, they check if u have any surgical scars and if u have any abnormalities on ur genitals, ur ears, and ask u to move ur voluntary organs (like swallowing, blinking, opening and closing ur palms, looking up and down) he asks if u r a smoker or drinker and if u ever done drugs, cocaine and marijuana just simple stuff like that there is nothing to worry about actually ... Good Luck ...!

Forum officers on their way to Obama's Land take Note of this:cool:

Originally Posted by mosestaaboo View Post
Great Forum ! Great...It has actually been a long time...I came to this great forum...Some how I have been busy trying to arrange my family...By his grace we are doing well...March this year will clock 1 year of our staying in America and God has added to my family another baby...To God be the Glory...God should be your foundation when its rough and when its well wit you. Do not let America swallow you, rather swallow America so that you can vomit it right in Nigeria...you home land. Many are call but few are chosen...My prayers for all of us who has finally made to the God owns country...You are already seeing the stories..how difference it is. Invest your time to study mostly in the manufacturing industries those of you who are technically inclined, those of u who are in the medical field do something that will place you in the proper position...In fact think fast just as the day are counting....

Finally, take advantage of the opportunities.."suffer before pleasure" and "Tortoise movement Formula" is my slogan...though I will suffer now but later I will eat the fruit of the Land...and Even if it delays I will surely reach my destination....Take Note...Remember how we prayed before we embark on this journey...Now we are here..What is your mission, what is your vision? Remember, Not all that started the race end it successfully but those who maintained the track...so the end justify the means....A day , week, month,year will count and tell on our lives in America...Kindly update and evaluate your day to day activities in America and do not engage in activities that will land you in the Land of No return...Remember you left so many behind in Nigeria who are hoping on you..Do not be a shame to yourself, your family, your town, mostly your country Nigeria..AMERICA WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU WISH TO BE...

I am happy to be here today..I am doing well, My wife is doing well, My son just clock 2yrs and he is doing well, and Now God has added another Baby Girl and she is doing pretty well too...What is our Aim? Its to take advantage of the western education within a short time...

Its a mission, Its a journey that its only God knows the end from the beginning...Make God the most priority in your life..Life has no duplicate...No second chance of this kind.

If you are waiting for 2011 DVLottery or on the process for the interview..I and my humble family has decided and will continue to pray for you. God will do it as he did it for us in Jesus Name Amen.

Conclusively, If you have any difficulty of any kind inbox via my email....taaboom@aol.com..
God bless you all.

Hi .if one wins and gets a visa with his family,must they travel together or one can go earlier and others at a later date?a friend needs to know.
i will appreciate your replies.

Hi .if one wins and gets a visa with his family,must they travel together or one can go earlier and others at a later date?a friend needs to know.
i will appreciate your replies.
They can travel provided you enter USA within the six months before expiring of the visa by checking the medical before it expires.

Hey guys ..i found this link interesting a..about what to expect in America, http://www.punchng.com/feature/people-places/tales-from-washington/ i would wish to read your comments , i think we shouldnt expect heavens America has it challenges and discrimination even from fellow africans..They see new immigrants as a threat,..just try and tell a friend who is in the USA that you are coming over, ..they dont sound excited at all ..am so eager to know whats happening on the ground..
TRUE very TRUE majority of my high school mates and even home mates that are in the US after i tell them about my winning and exited about joining them they are not happy infact those who used to chat with me on facebook everytime they see me online nowdays dont even poke;);) me lol!!! Even my like 7 relatives they are obliged to wait and house us but they are not exited at all at all. This has made me search for enough info and that is why i am planning to join CNA classes immediately we land there so that we can move out in a months time. Its very funny how my friends have gone quiet on me and i thank God i have noticed so i dont also bother them with any any any question at all. People please do alot of research and get everything or every information with you when you get there you never know what will happen.

LOL good to see the excitement of fellow bananchis at having won the opportunity to come to this great nation but I hope none of you believe this place is paved with gold, some of us are bailing sinking ship to come back to Kenya while you attempt to jump in!! :D. Greet Bernanke and his printing presses for us when you get here.
You are welcome brother just feel free and come back home if this is your choice or what you want. You see people are different and see things differently a typical example is the following OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE depending on how you handle or see things will depend on what you read out of it. Personally i am not a quitter i dont quit easily that means i am NOT lazy. I see opportunities in every difficulty. All i can say to you is this “If you are going through hell, keep going.”

You are welcome brother just feel free and come back home if this is your choice or what you want. You see people are different and see things differently a typical example is the following OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE depending on how you handle or see things will depend on what you read out of it. Personally i am not a quitter i dont quit easily that means i am NOT lazy. I see opportunities in every difficulty. All i can say to you is this “If you are going through hell, keep going.”

I can't believe a lady is saying this!!!!!!!!! MaKiki ma'am, that's the spirit, we are proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! You are also making me brave.
Regards!!!!!!!!!

LOL good to see the excitement of fellow bananchis at having won the opportunity to come to this great nation but I hope none of you believe this place is paved with gold, some of us are bailing sinking ship to come back to Kenya while you attempt to jump in!! :D. Greet Bernanke and his printing presses for us when you get here.

I want to believe that u also had the same kind of excitement when you got the opportunity to vuka to the "Great Nation". Kindly note that there's no place below the heavens paved with Gold.All will depend with what you want to achieve in life with determination and confidence.Its a choice brother.Have a safe trip back home. Hakuna Matata

LOL good to see the excitement of fellow bananchis at having won the opportunity to come to this great nation but I hope none of you believe this place is paved with gold, some of us are bailing sinking ship to come back to Kenya while you attempt to jump in!! . Greet Bernanke and his printing presses for us when you get here.

I can't believe a lady is saying this!!!!!!!!! MaKiki ma'am, that's the spirit, we are proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! You are also making me brave.
Regards!!!!!!!!!

You see brother i dont see the reason why i will abandon my work/lifestyle here in my country and immigrate to the US and then become a failure. Oh NO. I know what i want and i know what am looking for. I dont not care about Ben Shalom Bernanke doctrine and his so called printing presses after all even him he waited tables at a restaurant and worked in a construction before he became an economist. All i want is right in my head and my life is a success not a failure.

I want to believe that u also had the same kind of excitement when you got the opportunity to vuka to the "Great Nation". Kindly note that there's no place below the heavens paved with Gold.All will depend with what you want to achieve in life with determination and confidence.Its a choice brother.Have a safe trip back home. Hakuna Matata
Nice one Emmah:D Hakuna Matata:p

Hello Forum mates,

Regarding my AP, my host told me that he received last week a letter request him to reply them with employment letter,his financial status and a form to fill explaining our relationship but he says he is busy and I am fearing and kind of losing hope because my confidence on him is getting low because our relationship not that much strong. So in case he didn't reply or insufficient financial asset assuming if he didn't reply the embassy will not inform me about that what's your advise?

any advice highly appreciated,
Thanks.

Jimmaby trust God he wil fight ur battle witi prayer is there anything diffcult tht God cant do 4 u he gave u the lottery he wil help u in this storm we pray tht ur host wont hv peace until he reply Amen