• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Australian Entrants Post Here :)

Sad news for us....

:(

My partner was not selected. This means that we will now have to spend several months apart over the next year. I guess there is always October 1st, but we're both pretty depressed at the moment.

I'm very sorry to hear that Sukie.

I am bitterly disappointed - tears in the car on the way to work.

I suspect I wanted this more than I let on.

Q

The First Year is the hardest...

Qewty,

In our experience, the first year of not winning was the hardest. After that, you start prepping yourself for the disappointment, even as you get all excited. We had about 5 rough hours, but now we're talking about next October, and next year. It may be a little harder for us, because it is going to mean some separation in the next year - but we'll get through it.

Sukie

I'm very sorry to hear that Sukie.

I am bitterly disappointed - tears in the car on the way to work.

I suspect I wanted this more than I let on.

Q

Anybody encountering the problems I am facing. Each time I input my details to check my status. It tells me the Information is not correct. And the friggin place where I've got to input codes keeps changing making me go crazy. Can anybody help or maybe its my browser. But heck I am using IE

Check Zero and the Letter "O"

Ololo12 - double check your confirmation number - the second character should be the number zero (2013xxxxxxxxxxxx). It is skinnier in shape than a Capital Letter "O". My confirmation number had both zeroes and letter "O"s in it - you have to get them right.

Anybody encountering the problems I am facing. Each time I input my details to check my status. It tells me the Information is not correct. And the friggin place where I've got to input codes keeps changing making me go crazy. Can anybody help or maybe its my browser. But heck I am using IE

Not selected.

But I'm OK about it because I was ready for the disappointment. Just like I was ready in 2011.

Then 2012 came along. Uncle Sam sent me a letter saying that he wanted me to be with him. It was like an engagement. Papers were signed. Friends were told the happy news, and I spoke to the agent about selling my home. A very happy two weeks or so making plans for our future. But then, he just left me a message, on my computer - lucky I saw it, - to say it was all an unfortunate mistake. Could he have the ring back? he is giving it to someone else. So sorry, Goodbye.

Now that was heartbreak.

Today, I will just eat a block of chocolate, have a cup of tea, and repeat to myself...."there's always next time".......That bastard!

Abbie

In my morning of utter and crushing dismay, you have made me smile and chuckle at my desk here at work this morning.

Thank you!!!

Q

Abbie

In my morning of utter and crushing dismay, you have made me smile and chuckle at my desk here at work this morning.

Thank you!!!

Q

You're welcome! Shall we all check in here again just before October?

Indeed, I will be back in late September.

I will unlock the 'Aussie lounge", open the windows, do a bit of dusting, throw some fresh flowers in a vase and pop out a plate of jatz crackers, some cheese and sliced kabana. The cushions will be all plumped up for sitting and chatting and waiting.....

until October 1 comes around and we do all of this again.

Q

:)

So, firstly I am not exactly an Australian (a Kiwi, so please be gentle).

After six previous attempts and six previous failures it happened...

I was selected - lucky number seven I guess!!

I truly can feel your pain!

Not selected.

But I'm OK about it because I was ready for the disappointment. Just like I was ready in 2011.

Then 2012 came along. Uncle Sam sent me a letter saying that he wanted me to be with him. It was like an engagement. Papers were signed. Friends were told the happy news, and I spoke to the agent about selling my home. A very happy two weeks or so making plans for our future. But then, he just left me a message, on my computer - lucky I saw it, - to say it was all an unfortunate mistake. Could he have the ring back? he is giving it to someone else. So sorry, Goodbye.

Now that was heartbreak.

Today, I will just eat a block of chocolate, have a cup of tea, and repeat to myself...."there's always next time".......That bastard!

Abbie,

I truly can feel your pain!

It’s not a joke the emotions you feel after being selected. I feel horrible in a way being an indirect beneficiary of the redraw! It’s like the saying one man’s poison is others food.
I will continue to pray and hope for you 22K guys that all what is happening with the CURRENT by June for all is a sign that DOS may consider all of you for the Visa this year.
This is certainly from my heart. I hope the good God provides you all with the relief you all so deserve.

So, firstly I am not exactly an Australian (a Kiwi, so please be gentle).

After six previous attempts and six previous failures it happened...

I was selected - lucky number seven I guess!!

Although I wasn't going to log back into the forum for another 6 months (yes, the disappointment is THAT great), I am glad I did to read this.

Congrats - that is awesome!

:)

Q