• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Australian Entrants Post Here :)

Double check your results on May 1st

Now, I don't want to give false hope, prolong the agony etc, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that I would check the results on different computers. Last May, (and I know it was all voided, but nonetheless, when the results first came out, it was all legit) my first check said "not selected", but another check in the morning, said "selected" - and I may have been on the same computer too! Maybe I put the confirmation number in wrong or something, but I am not taking no for an answer on a single try.

only a week to go...............

And here I was thinking I was the only one up at 2:24 am posting on the forum! :p

Haha! Normally I'd definitely be asleep but friends and I are in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon! In order to stay awake I've decided to browse the net at the same time to give me something to do to stay awake! It's only the start of the 3rd movie too, we're not going to make it hahaha.

Now, I don't want to give false hope, prolong the agony etc, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that I would check the results on different computers. Last May, (and I know it was all voided, but nonetheless, when the results first came out, it was all legit) my first check said "not selected", but another check in the morning, said "selected" - and I may have been on the same computer too! Maybe I put the confirmation number in wrong or something, but I am not taking no for an answer on a single try.

only a week to go...............

I have actually read other posts where people initially get a 'no', then try later and get a 'yes'. One guy had put his names around the wrong way when he applied, and when he checked he got the order wrong. He tried all combinations, first, middle, second etc and eventually he got a yes lol - go figure!

If I DO try at work and it's a no, I will be still trying when I get home.

....and the next day!

:)

Haha! Normally I'd definitely be asleep but friends and I are in the middle of a Harry Potter marathon! In order to stay awake I've decided to browse the net at the same time to give me something to do to stay awake! It's only the start of the 3rd movie too, we're not going to make it hahaha.

Time to make hot food; anything fried, out of the oven, or toasted with ham and cheese! That will keep you awake. :)

I've been up playing with a blog - I took over 9,000 photos when I stayed in the US so I thought I would put them on the net! It keeps me positive :)

But, I can't stay awake any longer - my day off tomorrow will be all study - :p

Q

Not many sleeps now!

Time to make hot food; anything fried, out of the oven, or toasted with ham and cheese! That will keep you awake. :)

I've been up playing with a blog - I took over 9,000 photos when I stayed in the US so I thought I would put them on the net! It keeps me positive :)

But, I can't stay awake any longer - my day off tomorrow will be all study - :p

Q

Not many sleeps now!

Haha, I'm vegetarian :( hot food/fried foods are quite limited for me! Everyone else was eating pizza and sausages, I had fairy bread!

Wow! 9,000+ photos! That's crazy! I don't think I hit over 2,000! Maybe if I'd had a better camera, I just used my phone camera unfortunately.

Good luck with your study! Very nervous on the days remaining!

I have actually read other posts where people initially get a 'no', then try later and get a 'yes'. One guy had put his names around the wrong way when he applied, and when he checked he got the order wrong. He tried all combinations, first, middle, second etc and eventually he got a yes lol - go figure!

If I DO try at work and it's a no, I will be still trying when I get home.

....and the next day!

:)

I keep reading things on this, peoples computers giving different answers... it worries me! Why would different computers give different answers?

I keep reading things on this, peoples computers giving different answers... it worries me! Why would different computers give different answers?

They don't. They can't. People are putting their confirmation numbers in wrong.

The website, which does not even support modern browsers, does not identify individual client machines and then give discrimination results on some random criteria.

It would require a deliberate action to implement that functionality, and for what purpose?

They don't. They can't. People are putting their confirmation numbers in wrong.

The website, which does not even support modern browsers, does not identify individual client machines and then give discrimination results on some random criteria.

It would require a deliberate action to implement that functionality, and for what purpose?

Not talking about the website identifying individual machines, more that the individual computer itself and/or its browser have a problem with the website.
In fact, right now, my laptop will not connect to the DV dept of State website for some reason, but the desktop has no problem. Also I had played around with the 2012 confirmation number (as has been noted by others) and entered zeros as the letter O or O as a zero or the letter "I" as a "1" etc. Any mistakes will say you are not selected rather than a mistake was made in entering your confirmation number. Just telling others to double/triple check - as possibly alot of people haven't - maybe that's why the case numbers are current so early in the year?

Disclaimer - I am not a computer person - I'm just telling it as I've seen it - first hand.

Not talking about the website identifying individual machines, more that the individual computer itself and/or its browser have a problem with the website.
In fact, right now, my laptop will not connect to the DV dept of State website for some reason, but the desktop has no problem. Also I had played around with the 2012 confirmation number (as has been noted by others) and entered zeros as the letter O or O as a zero or the letter "I" as a "1" etc. Any mistakes will say you are not selected rather than a mistake was made in entering your confirmation number. Just telling others to double/triple check - as possibly alot of people haven't - maybe that's why the case numbers are current so early in the year?

Disclaimer - I am not a computer person - I'm just telling it as I've seen it - first hand.

If a computer has a problem with the website, then the website either won't work or may simply look odd. It still wouldn't be a different result.

I had a heart attack last june when I was selected, upon checking again just to make sure it was real the website said I was not selected. Luckily this was because I omitted a character from my confirmation number, but it was a scary few minutes. I can't imagine how bad it was for the may selectees.

I know my laptop won't load the page properly on Internet Explorer, but on Google Chrome it loads just fine..

If a computer has a problem with the website, then the website either won't work or may simply look odd. It still wouldn't be a different result.

I had a heart attack last june when I was selected, upon checking again just to make sure it was real the website said I was not selected. Luckily this was because I omitted a character from my confirmation number, but it was a scary few minutes. I can't imagine how bad it was for the may selectees.

Everyone types in their confirmation number? No one copies and pastes? I copied and pasted :S

Everyone types in their confirmation number? No one copies and pastes? I copied and pasted :S

For me I didn't save the webpage as a webpage, but saved it as a PDF. For some reason I made it in such a way that I could not copy from the PDF, so at least initially retyping it was necessary.

Entrant Status Check
DV 2013 Program: Beginning on May 1, 2012 at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), entrants from DV 2013 (those who submitted entry between October 4, 2011 and November 5, 2011) may check the status of their entry using the confirmation number through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website.

As per the DOS website, the DV 2013 results will be available from Noon EDT on May 1st. So it would be 2AM Sydney time and 4AM NZ time on May 2nd when the results become available.

Hi Bahamas

Yes I was just reading about that - what an interesting change! I suspect maybe they are not getting the numbers of uptake that they want.

Possibly TWO draws this year? Yes please lol

Q

They had two draws last year....and it wasn't pretty!