• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Australian Entrants Post Here :)

Honestly I can't believe it... My heart skipped a beat when saw the confirmation page!

I never tried to get my hopes up, but every year I would always get excited for a month before the results came out.

If I may, as a non-Australian :) I think as you move on with your everyday life, you'll soon forget. And October and November is not that far, right?

Wise words PetrT. I'm sure my focus will soon shift. I think moving away from the forums for a while will be a good idea. It had become such an everyday habit to come on here and read every day that doing so now just reminds me of the decision. And I don't want to be reminded of that right now :)

And yes, October will be upon us in another 6 months. I will check the forums in September to see if there is any news of another draw.

Q

Wise words PetrT. I'm sure my focus will soon shift. I think moving away from the forums for a while will be a good idea. It had become such an everyday habit to come on here and read every day that doing so now just reminds me of the decision. And I don't want to be reminded of that right now :)

And yes, October will be upon us in another 6 months. I will check the forums in September to see if there is any news of another draw.

Q

If you think moving away from the forum will help you, do it :) Although honestly, I will miss your posts. I'm gonna stick around here to see what's going on for the successful ones. Hope to see you around here soon.

Not selected.

But I'm OK about it because I was ready for the disappointment. Just like I was ready in 2011.

Then 2012 came along. Uncle Sam sent me a letter saying that he wanted me to be with him. It was like an engagement. Papers were signed. Friends were told the happy news, and I spoke to the agent about selling my home. A very happy two weeks or so making plans for our future. But then, he just left me a message, on my computer - lucky I saw it, - to say it was all an unfortunate mistake. Could he have the ring back? he is giving it to someone else. So sorry, Goodbye.

Now that was heartbreak.

Today, I will just eat a block of chocolate, have a cup of tea, and repeat to myself...."there's always next time".......That bastard!

Abbie sorry to hear that..im a firm believer in the sayin 'when one door closes another opens', somethin and someone better will come along..don worry!

Australian here .... I got selected this year. My case number is in the 700s. Last year my husband got selected but got caught up in that disqualification and neither of us got selected in the 2nd wave. So that experience - the crash landing - has affected our level of excitement this year. I'm sitting here wondering whether I should wait to see if they come out with another disqualification debacle or whether I should start filling out the forms and getting our photos done. It's a big decision, a big change so it's not easy when they bugger with your emotions.

We've both been trying since the first online lottery - 2005. Lucky 8 turned out not so lucky, hopefully Lucky 9 is the real deal?

Good luck to everyone else. If May's not good to you, I hope October is much nicer.

Life in us

Hi Superkruz
How is everything going now you have settled over there?
Sorry to see you didn't get selected mate. I belong to a few immigration forums and the number of people that were selected seem very low. I wonder whether it has something to do with the possible second round in October. My GF (who is still back in Brisbane) also did not get selected so we'll be apart for another 6 months (at least).

As for me, I am in Boston, got my drivers license, done all the admin stuff and now I am looking for work. It is not easy here to find employment - I've been trying for 3 months now and have not even had a single bite. The weather here is so mucg colder than back home - I think I could easily live in Tasmania now that I have experienced the cold over here. Looking forward to my visit to Brissy in July!

Last edited by a moderator:
B. Diversity immigrant (dv) category for the month of june

oceania 1,275

c. The diversity (dv) immigrant category rank cut-offs which will apply in july

oceania 1,450

That makes me nervous seeing those numbers considering I am in the 2000 - 2100 range. I am hoping that it moves quicker next year