• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Is there any place that we can find out what is the quota for our regions/countries and how many GC's were already given this year from that quota?

Hi, it depends on your region or country, the lady that called us told that she is afraid that they run out of visa numbers, she did not say we run out by Friday!
Good luck.

I am not sure, I think each country has its own limit which depends on applicants who approved from that country, I think it should be less than 7% of total visa numbers. Please check me if somebody else knows better.
Is there any place that we can find out what is the quota for our regions/countries and how many GC's were already given this year from that quota?

I don't think there is an separate limit for each country other than the 7% limit.
You can see how many people got initially picked form the previous years visa bulletin.
For instance this year September bulletin, if you scroll down to F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2014 (DV-2014) RESULTS
it will show you how many people have been chosen for each country. If everyone from congo(6,025 chosen) passed the interview and got issued a visa, then the people toward the end would not be able to get a chance. I've seen it in one of the bulletins where Uzbekistan was stated unavailable(2011 July). So if the total amount chosen from your country is not even close to the 7% limit(3500), you probably don't have to worry.

I think there are about 23000 winners from Asia, but about 42% of them were current before August (9850), so the rest of 58% became current in last two months.It is almost impossible that 3500 winners (36%) are from one country in the 9850 current numbers, so that is more safe. but for last 2 months (Aug+ Sep) it really depends on the approval rates from a single country.
I hope everybody who tries to get green has success at the end.
I don't think there is an separate limit for each country other than the 7% limit.
You can see how many people got initially picked form the previous years visa bulletin.
For instance this year September bulletin, if you scroll down to F. DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY 2014 (DV-2014) RESULTS
it will show you how many people have been chosen for each country. If everyone from congo(6,025 chosen) passed the interview and got issued a visa, then the people toward the end would not be able to get a chance. I've seen it in one of the bulletins where Uzbekistan was stated unavailable(2011 July). So if the total amount chosen from your country is not even close to the 7% limit(3500), you probably don't have to worry.

I think I've read somewhere here on the forum that the total number of people chosen includes the family members of the primary applicant. So the number 9850 might actually be more like 18000ish. Either way, you are very close to getting it and hopefully nothing is going to stop it!

thanks for the information,
it made me go back to the trave.state.gov to check the number of selectees from my country : a little less than 900 ( not even close to the 3500) but towards the end like this (Aug/Sept) as some people already said on this thread the worry is more for the big number "50000", but GOD is faithfull and i will keep praying for all of us that are still waiting. I will keep y'all posted if something changes....

It has been week:( since biometric I havent get any letter or call for interview should I call customer service? or wait couple week?

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been week:( since biometric I havent get any letter or call for interview should I call customer service? or wait couple week?

same here...it's going to be 2 weeks on monday i did walk in (scheduled 09/06). you should make an infopass appointment today and call cutomer service tuesday...try your best to get some information about how your case is moving even if you have to talk to Level2 people. i had an infopass appointment yesterday which i had scheduled 2 weeks ago....the IO gave me som information about my file and asked me to wait but time is running so when i got home i made another appointmnt for in 2 weeks and plan on calling customer service tuesday...
good luck!!!

knights1, please make sure you call USCIS first thing in the morning on Monday and explain your situation and the most important thing TIME. Make sure you talk to Level 2 officer and you should go online and schedule an Info Pass Appt. (if you havent already done). Dont worry, you ll be fine. Also, make sure you dont miss any call from anyone as you might also be getting a phone call for the interview (may not happen to everyone but just a heads up). Good Luck !

It took me one and a half month of waiting since biometrics, but since u dont have that time, contact them! :)

visa numbers have not run out before

I know this is crunch time and there is concern about visa numbers running out. I did research and in the last almost 10 years not all numbers have been used. So let this not be a worry. I will post the link to the visa data so you can see the trends. Its a PDF file but this should hopefully help calm the nerveshttp://travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/ivstats/ivstats_4581.html