• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

:) So now how old is "Sm1"?

LOL - that is funny - people might be surprised at what we look like. Me, I am chubby, middle aged, balding, have four kids (eldest 28, youngest 5) and four grandchildren. Easy girls, tempting description I know, but I am happily married!:p

LOL - that is funny - people might be surprised at what we look like. Me, I am chubby, middle aged, balding, have four kids (eldest 28, youngest 5) and four grandchildren. Easy girls, tempting description I know, but I am happily married!:p

Well, I didn't particularly imagine you as chubby, but then again I'm sure what constitutes as chubby in the UK is far different from the US :)

But you surely come across as a well-established individual.

Well, I didn't particularly imagine you as chubby, but then again I'm sure what constitutes as chubby in the UK is far different from the US :)

But you surely come across as a well-established individual.

Lol - very true. In the UK I am certainly larger than average... moving to the States gets me back down to average!

In a previous career (real estate) we used to say trees were well established - i.e. not young saplings liable to be blown over by a high wind. So yes, I guess you could say I am "well established". LOL

Got my welcome letter in the mail today :)
The status on the USCIS website is card production. I assume the GC will arrive next week.

Thank you for everyone in the forum for the great help.
Good luck for those who are still waiting.

Congratulations!

Got my welcome letter in the mail today :)
The status on the USCIS website is card production. I assume the GC will arrive next week.

Thank you for everyone in the forum for the great help.
Good luck for those who are still waiting.

When I first "personified" your "persona" in my head, I imagined "Sm1" to be a 5 year old or something. :)

Hmmn! A 5 year old. I like this idea as that would make me the "momstein" of our time considering all the contributions I've made in this forum. :rolleyes: But naaaaaaw, we all know I'm no Einstein.

:) So now how old is "Sm1"?

A very good question which I'm still struggling to find an answer to myself, you know.:p

Hmmn! A 5 year old. I like this idea as that would make me the "momstein" of our time considering all the contributions I've made in this forum. :rolleyes: But naaaaaaw, we all know I'm no Einstein.

A very good question which I'm still struggling to find an answer to myself, you know.:p

Isn't your ID meant to be read as "someone's mom"? I was not suggesting you would be 5, but that "someone" who you would be their mother would be 5! I was then asking how old that person would be. In a way could tell your age range as well.

I manage to confuse people quite often :)

Oops! I guess I read your post backwards. Ma bad!!

In a way could tell your age range as well.

Hmmn! You could? Ok, give it your best shot and let's see what you come up with :)

that "someone" who you would be their mother would be 5! I was then asking how old that person would be.

Yeah, could be 5 :eek: could be younger, could be older. Will be happy to clear up the ambiguity of "someones" age after seeing what you think my age range is :)

Oops! I guess I read your post backwards. Ma bad!!

Hmmn! You could? Ok, give it your best shot and let's see what you come up with :)

Yeah, could be 5 :eek: could be younger, could be older. Will be happy to clear up the ambiguity of "someones" age after seeing what you think my age range is :)

I would say between early 30's to late 30's. I could see slightly younger or slightly older as well. "Sm1" would be more likely to be less than 5. But I could see slightly older than 5 as well.

I would say between early 30's to late 30's. I could see slightly younger or slightly older as well. "Sm1" would be more likely to be less than 5. But I could see slightly older than 5 as well.

OOOhhh I wanna play too!!!

Sm1smon has to be older than 40 - nothing to to do with looks (obviously) but you don't get that wise in your 30's. So - I'm saying 40plus, born in the 1960's!

Oh yeah and "Sm1" is probably college age or a bit older (perhaps late 20's)

Last edited by a moderator:

Awww, nice try! But far from being correct, I'm afraid :(.

But maybe you could be correct to an extent after all, I think they say 40 is the new 30 now, ehy? :p

OOOhhh I wanna play too!!!

Sm1smon has to be older than 40 - nothing to to do with looks (obviously) but you don't get that wise in your 30's. So - I'm saying 40plus, born in the 1960's!

Dang! You got a crystal ball or something :confused: Me thinking you should be called "Solomon" not Simon considering the amount of wisdom you've displayed all over this forum :)

So - I'm saying 40plus, born in the 1960's!
Spot on, of course not confirming wether early, mid or late 40s. Somethings are still better left off to the imagination. But you just reaffirmed a nagging feeling I've had about you all long, never gamble or take a bet against you :p

While there are 2 "Sm1s", the first one is as described and the college rat-race for the second one is about to begin.

So now that I have totally unmasked myself, :cool:, I hope I haven't freaked people by being the opposite of whatever mental image they had of my persona :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww, nice try! But far from being correct, I'm afraid :(.

But maybe you could be correct to an extent after all, I think they say 40 is the new 30 now, ehy? :p

Dang! You got a crystal ball or something :confused: Me thinking you should be called "Solomon" not Simon considering the amount of wisdom you've displayed all over this forum :)

Spot on, of course not confirming wether early, mid or late 40s. Somethings are still better left off to the imagination. But you just reaffirmed a nagging feeling I've had about you all long, never gamble or take a bet against you :p

While there are 2 "Sm1s", the first one is as described and the college rat-race for the second one is about to begin.

So now that I have totally unmasked myself, :cool:, I hope I haven't freaked people by being the opposite of whatever mental image they had of my persona :p

Nice. Well you come across as younger in spirit :)

Then again, I have found when it comes to making guesses about women's age, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I aim too low purposefully. :)

So, pat on my own shoulder, awkward moment averted! LOL

:eek::D

Nice. Well you come across as younger in spirit :)

Then again, I have found when it comes to making guesses about women's age, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I aim too low purposefully. :)

So, pat on my own shoulder, awkward moment averted! LOL

:D Very, very diplomatic. Me likes! :)

My interview is on the 19th, which is this Thursday. It's very late, but better late than never. Wish me luck. :)