• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

YAY,
My interview got over. The officer was very friendly...She said everything was fine...
BUT, she said she is waiting for some document from KCC. After that, it will be approved. She said it will take about max 2 weeks.
Hope it gets over by the deadline!
Geoffrey.

Congratulations! It will most likely be approved in less than 2 weeks. Time to start breaking out the wine glasses or we should wait till the formal approval goes through? :p

Hi everyone,

I had my interview 2 days age, but my online status is still showing "acceptance". How long it will take to change to "decision"?
The officer told me that's it, you will receive your card in 3-4 weeks, but she didn't say it's accepted or anything about online status.
Do you think this is normal? I saw most of people had their CPO on the same day as interview.

Detail Interview Experience

Detail Version:
I am still shocked since the day i received call for the interview but it was true and i actually had an interview :). So, i did not have interview letter but i went to the FO just like the officer on the phone instructed. It was raining pretty bad and i got stuck in the traffic and i was 10 mins late to the appt. time (even though i had spared one hour extra). So, i got there and the guards did not check anything and they let me in without IL. So I went in and talked to the lady in Check-in counter and she could not help me out because i did not ve IL and i did not know the name of the officer who called me. I was nervous and it was 40 mins past. I did not know what to to. So i was waiting in the car trying to call USCIS and i luckily i got a call from the officer asking me where i was :) (very nice officer). I explained him the situation and officer was surprised because he left the interview letter to the guard at the gate but those guards just didnt care about that. So i went back in and asked them the letter and to my surprise, that guard actually tore off the letter and trashed it. I was like 'you gotta be kidding right' (but he was not :(). So the guard called the officer who was in charge of me and i went to him without IL. First, i apologized him for making him wait. He was nice and said that he took another person and was not a big deal. So he made me take an oath and asked basic questions regarding the application such as birth certificate and stuffs and that was it. Took 5-10 mins. He said they ve to review it and if all goes well, i should receive my GC in few weeks. I am still nervous since he said review :( .We will see.

Short Version:
Everything was fine. 5-10 mins and i was out. Just few basic questions regarding the application and status.

Tips for the people who are waiting for the IL:
- It is possible that you will get a call from USCIS officer (may not happen to all but you should be ready for that).
- If you receive a call, you should ask their name. This is really important because people in FO cannot help you if you dont have the name of the person who called you.

P.S.: I checked my status and it says 'Decision' . What does that mean? I am confused :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

where and how do you check the status of your application/interview?
where can I find the receipt number?

- You can check the status from the USCIS website (uscis.gov)
- Receipt number is actually the application number from I 797C Form that you receive for biometrics (it starts with 3 letters).

Wooww, One of a kind story but at the end congrats xenonflux.

Detail Version:
I am still shocked since the day i received call for the interview but it was true and i actually had an interview :). So, i did not have interview letter but i went to the FO just like the officer on the phone instructed. It was raining pretty bad and i got stuck in the traffic and i was 10 mins late to the appt. time (even though i had spared one hour extra). So, i got there and the guards did not check anything and they let me in without IL. So I went in and talked to the lady in Check-in counter and she could not help me out because i did not ve IL and i did not know the name of the officer who called me. I was nervous and it was 40 mins past. I did not know what to to. So i was waiting in the car trying to call USCIS and i luckily i got a call from the officer asking me where i was :) (very nice officer). I explained him the situation and officer was surprised because he left the interview letter to the guard at the gate but those guards just didnt care about that. So i went back in and asked them the letter and to my surprise, that guard actually tore off the letter and trashed it. I was like 'you gotta be kidding right' (but he was not :(). So the guard called the officer who was in charge of me and i went to him without IL. First, i apologized him for making him wait. He was nice and said that he took another person and was not a big deal. So he made me take an oath and asked basic questions regarding the application such as birth certificate and stuffs and that was it. Took 5-10 mins. He said they ve to review it and if all goes well, i should receive my GC in few weeks. I am still nervous since he said review :( .We will see.

Short Version:
Everything was fine. 5-10 mins and i was out. Just few basic questions regarding the application and status.

- It is possible that you will get a call from USCIS officer (may not happen to all but you should be ready for that).
- If you receive a call, you should ask their name. This is really important because people in FO cannot help you if you dont have the name of the person who called you.

P.S.: I checked my status and it says 'Decision' . What does that mean? I am confused :confused:

Oh wow! Ok, this is quite unusual , but hey, who cares at this stage? Your IO must really care about your case in particular, I would say he's heaven sent.

Congratulations (yeah, not too early to say that). Keep checking your case online, it should change to CPO by the end of today, or in a couple of days time. Showing "Decision" is a good thing, it means the IO has decided, and most likely, the decision is to approve the case. So here's also a glass of champagne in your honor :p - (probably too early in the day to get drunk)

Detail Version:

Short Version:

Hi everyone,

I had my interview 2 days age, but my online status is still showing "acceptance". How long it will take to change to "decision"?
The officer told me that's it, you will receive your card in 3-4 weeks, but she didn't say it's accepted or anything about online status.
Do you think this is normal? I saw most of people had their CPO on the same day as interview.

While it is true most cases move to CPO immediately following their interview (or 1-2 days after the interview), a few have to wait a bit longer, especially if the IO is not experienced with DV cases and has to have wait for a supervisor to review the case before an approval is given. For some, the wait may have to do with issues the IO is trying to resolve with the case, some may actually just receive the welcome letter in the mail without any online status change (because their FO isn't diligent with updating information online).

Keep your fingers crossed, you will also hopefully receive your GC in a short while

I had my interview today in the San Bernadino, CA FO and I was waiting more than an hour for my appointment. Once it started I had the exact same experience. They need to get some documents from KCC.
I was asked to touch base with them in 2 weeks.
I hope it won't take that long. I really really want it to be done and complete.

YAY,
My interview got over. The officer was very friendly...She said everything was fine...
BUT, she said she is waiting for some document from KCC. After that, it will be approved. She said it will take about max 2 weeks.
Hope it gets over by the deadline!
Geoffrey.

Hello everyone,

I just had my interview today. After waiting for almost 2 hours, i was called by the officer. She was very nice. she asked to the see the originals for my birth certificate and bachelor degree and I20. She took the original for the receipt letter from KCC and took my I-94. She then told me that she will approve my application after she gets the KCC file in about a week or so. She then gave me a letter with my application status and her fax number to remind her in case i dont get approved by sept 15.
my FO is in San bernardino and i was on an F1 visa.
Thank you all for your help and support :)
one thing she said that I did not know before is that mail from the government do NOT get forwarded so when you change your address you have to change it with USCIS. Also you have to ask them to change it in your file by hand and their system.
Cause when i changed my address, i went to my local FO and the officer changed it in the system only, so i received my interview letter in my old address (luckily it was not returned and the school called me to come pick it up). So when changing address, make sure that they change it in your file and in the system.

GOOD LUCK everyone :)

It's interesting to note that a noticeable number of you guys had your interviews at the San Bernadino FO today, you must likely met with the same IO since you've all mentioned something about a very nice female IO who said she needs to get something from KCC before approving your cases :)

Congrats, help+

In general though, it's not a good idea to change address once you send in your I-485, it messes things up a lot.

yeah you are right :)
in my case i had to
Thank you Sm1smom for all your help! you are the best! :)

It's interesting to note that a noticeable number of you guys had your interviews at the San Bernadino FO today, you must likely met with the same IO since you've all mentioned something about a very nice female IO who said she needs to get something from KCC before approving your cases :)

Congrats, help+

In general though, it's not a good idea to change address once you send in your I-485, it messes things up a lot.