• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

i want know more about these dv winner process for more knowledge,,, if 1 is a winner what is its own process before embassy take over the rest,, i just want knw becs is lil confusing,,, like dsp 122 they say +photo n barcode send to kcc and comfirmation and all that,,,, if i may ask cant embassy agent help you in all that process? or is left for u to do it alone or refer it to embassy agent for help in all that by telling you wat to do?,,,,,,,,,,,,,, plz help me tro more intellight on it...

Hello All,
Just finished my med on friday. My med was over in less than 5 mins. Doctor came in and asked if I feel fit, and I said yes. After that he knocked on my knee cap twice, and said you are done. Thats it. Is it ohk? Becaz wat I have heard from others that you have to go through a long check up process and also need to strip. Nothing of that sort happened. Before meeting the doc, one lady (Nt a nurse) checked my weight, and height and asked me some yes and no questions.
Doctor gave me a copy of the paper work and it looks fine to me. I hope everything is fine :)

Hello All,
Just finished my med on friday. My med was over in less than 5 mins. Doctor came in and asked if I feel fit, and I said yes. After that he knocked on my knee cap twice, and said you are done. Thats it. Is it ohk? Becaz wat I have heard from others that you have to go through a long check up process and also need to strip. Nothing of that sort happened. Before meeting the doc, one lady (Nt a nurse) checked my weight, and height and asked me some yes and no questions.
Doctor gave me a copy of the paper work and it looks fine to me. I hope everything is fine :)

less than 5 min???
I think it should takes more time to just fill out the form.
Did your Dr check your immunization record? and how much did you pay?
Mine took at least one hour including blood sampling/immunization and chest X-ray for TB.
then I waited for couple of days for them to finish all paper work. it was about $300 I believe.
Cost for med is depending on how many shot you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
Just finished my med on friday. My med was over in less than 5 mins.

5mns? It took me at least 30, I first saw the nurse then the doctor, she did 1 vaccination, the questionnaire is quite long. i didn't even do x-rays. 2nd visit was faster.

Interview Experience

Hi all,

We had our interview this morning. It was smooth and easier than we had expected. The IO made us swear raising our right hands and asked general questions like our names, addresses, country of birth, phone numbers, some yes/no questions of I-485, how we two met and when we got married. We had to show our passports, original birth and marriage certificates, original I-20s, college admission letters and our shared accounts and bills. Besides, the IO was asked us for our pay stubs as well since we are working as graduate assistants in our college. The IO was nice and the time of interview (about 30 minutes) was mostly spent on marking our documents (that we had sent with I-485) comparing with the originals and later entering some information in the computer.

Finally, the IO took out our I-94s from our passports and told us that the cards will be sent through mail within 45 days (she mentioned that the usual time is 2 weeks but as USCIS is busy these days, it might take longer). The case status has been updated from Acceptance to CPO now :)

I want to thank everyone in this forum for their help, mainly Sm1smom, Pryanik777, aos13. And good luck to those who are still waiting to be interviewed.

Interview and waiting is over!!

Thanks rnotk!!! All documents are prepared, waiting for tomorrow.

I am hoping everything went well with Jay and pritu!!

Hi varxx,

Thank you for asking. I was about to start writing about our interview experience as I arrived to home form USCIS office.

We arrived to the office around 9:30am (appointment times were: 10, 10:30,11am for my wife (winner), myself and my daughter, respectively). Of course, we had to wait ~1.5 hrs before our names were called by IO. He looks very nice and well dressed up too :)

Interview went for about 15 min. He first asked for your IDs? license, passports, I-20s etc.

He interviewed both me and my wife simultaneously. We went through most of the questions of I-485 for both of us. His strategy was just to confirm the dates/contents that we sent to them. Interestingly, he never asked us questions (except bunch of yes/no's enlisted in I-485) but stated like... "the birth date of you I have here is June 30, 1985, is this correct?" something like that. He was very nice and friendly!

He now shifted gears towards high school diploma things? He checked that in his file and confirmed that thats there. He did not asked originals.

Then, he asked our financial documents? He asked me that, do you have income that is higher than Fed. poverty guidelines? or do you have forms from sponsors? I said, I have annual income but not sure whether it is higher than poverty line cutoff. He asked me Tax returns doc for 2012. Based on that my income was slightly higher than that level. I handed that and He even did not ask me current employment letter. I did have I-134s (in case required) but he was satisfied with my annual income :)

After that, he said, we are approved :) "the awaited moments". He also mentioned online system will be changed today at some point, also gave some ideas about not going >6 months out of US? GC will be forfeited if not returned US within 1yr, social security number applications etc.

Anyway, long story short: When I checked online status which has been "cannot find status" always for all of three have changed to Card/document production.

Thank you all who helped us in many ways for providing relevant information/suggestions/experiences/advise during this journey and Good Luck to all who are in waiting! Hope our experience will be helpful to waiting people.

:)

Congratulations Jay! It's time for celebration! :)

Hi varxx,

Thank you for asking. I was about to start writing about our interview experience as I arrived to home form USCIS office.

We arrived to the office around 9:30am (appointment times were: 10, 10:30,11am for my wife (winner), myself and my daughter, respectively). Of course, we had to wait ~1.5 hrs before our names were called by IO. He looks very nice and well dressed up too :)

Interview went for about 15 min. He first asked for your IDs? license, passports, I-20s etc.

He interviewed both me and my wife simultaneously. We went through most of the questions of I-485 for both of us. His strategy was just to confirm the dates/contents that we sent to them. Interestingly, he never asked us questions (except bunch of yes/no's enlisted in I-485) but stated like... "the birth date of you I have here is June 30, 1985, is this correct?" something like that. He was very nice and friendly!

He now shifted gears towards high school diploma things? He checked that in his file and confirmed that thats there. He did not asked originals.

Then, he asked our financial documents? He asked me that, do you have income that is higher than Fed. poverty guidelines? or do you have forms from sponsors? I said, I have annual income but not sure whether it is higher than poverty line cutoff. He asked me Tax returns doc for 2012. Based on that my income was slightly higher than that level. I handed that and He even did not ask me current employment letter. I did have I-134s (in case required) but he was satisfied with my annual income :)

After that, he said, we are approved :) "the awaited moments". He also mentioned online system will be changed today at some point, also gave some ideas about not going >6 months out of US? GC will be forfeited if not returned US within 1yr, social security number applications etc.

Anyway, long story short: When I checked online status which has been "cannot find status" always for all of three have changed to Card/document production.

Thank you all who helped us in many ways for providing relevant information/suggestions/experiences/advise during this journey and Good Luck to all who are in waiting! Hope our experience will be helpful to waiting people.

:)

Interestingly, Our I-94s are still with our passports. He did not remove anything from our passports. Online status shifted from card prod. to decision with following statements,

"On April 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".

Is this the same message that everybody got after interview?

The same happened to our case as well!

Interestingly, Our I-94s are still with our passports. He did not remove anything from our passports. Online status shifted from card prod. to decision with following statements,

"On April 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later".

Is this the same message that everybody got after interview?

Congrats Pritu and Jay, I'm very happy for you guys! ;). What a relieve you guys must feel. Good luck to you and your families!

All the best to you too Varxx, looking forward to reading your successful interview experience. :)