• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

DV receipt

Hi,
I am a DV winner for 2013. somehow I misplaced the AOS fee receipt i paid .
Is there a way i can get a copy of it. What happens if I dont send it with I485.
I really need a help on this please someone help me
thanks

Hi,
Is there a way i can get a copy of it. What happens if I dont send it with I485.
thanks
Namratashr,
I am sorry, but I dont think so there is any other way to get a copy or replacement. As far as I know you have to pay it again, if you dont find it. Receipt is a very important part of the application and you really need it to finish the application/ AOS process. Other experienced members can throw more light on it.

namratashr,

I would say contact KCC first and tell them about your situation. Maybe they can help you out.

Hi,
thanks

Thanks everyone. Judging by the 2011 timeline, it looks like I should expect to get the interview notice in the next two weeks, so I'll hold tight for a few more weeks. I'll also look into how quickly the consulate can renew my current passport.

One more question - we actually had a baby during the GC process, so the child is a US citizen and won't need a GC - I understand that we don't need to amend any forms we've already submitted (we obviously didn't include info on any forms, as baby wasn't born yet). Is there anything we should know about bringing the baby to the interview (we'd prefer to as it's a lengthy trip). Do we also need to bring the birth certificate or anything else?

Thanks everyone. Judging by the 2011 timeline, it looks like I should expect to get the interview notice in the next two weeks, so I'll hold tight for a few more weeks. I'll also look into how quickly the consulate can renew my current passport.

One more question - we actually had a baby during the GC process, so the child is a US citizen and won't need a GC - I understand that we don't need to amend any forms we've already submitted (we obviously didn't include info on any forms, as baby wasn't born yet). Is there anything we should know about bringing the baby to the interview (we'd prefer to as it's a lengthy trip). Do we also need to bring the birth certificate or anything else?

You need to bring baby's birth certificate. They need to know of your children regardless of whether they are usc or not. You also may want to fill new forms and take them with you to the interview. Again in the forms you need to list all your children regardless of they are part of your aos process or not.

You need to bring baby's birth certificate. They need to know of your children regardless of whether they are usc or not. You also may want to fill new forms and take them with you to the interview. Again in the forms you need to list all your children regardless of they are part of your aos process or not.

great, thanks

Dear all,

I was wondering whether I need to prepare I-864 for interview.
I'm a F1 PhD student, and I work as a research assistant.
I have my owned Tax return reports.
Do I still need I-864?
Thanks for your help!

If you need so, you will be asked for it in your interview letter.

Dear all,

Do I still need I-864?
Thanks for your help!

Although your interview letter may have I-864 among the required list of generic items they need you to bring for the interview, you should use the I-134 in place of the I-864. The I-864 is not applicable to DV winners doing AOS. At the end of the day, they may not even ask you for the affidavit of support during your interview, but just have the I-134 handy, just in case.

Dear all,

Do I still need I-864?
Thanks for your help!

Although your interview letter may have I-864 among the required list of generic items they need you to bring for the interview, you should use the I-134 in place of the I-864. The I-864 is not applicable to DV winners doing AOS. At the end of the day, they may not even ask you for the affidavit of support during your interview, but just have the I-134 handy, just in case.

You mean he needs to find somebody to fill it for him, right? In case of spouses, does the winner (primary applicant) need to fill it for the spouse? Or do they just look at the household income?

If you need so, you will be asked for it in your interview letter.

Actually, I-864 is listed in my interview letter, but the list looks like also used for marriage visa or others.
So I'm confused because I-864 seems not for DV AOS.
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for your answer.
So I still need to find a sponsor, even I have my own Tax return record, right?

I remember asking this question a while ago and someone mentioned on this forum that DV lottery winners doing AOS are not required to carry any I-134 forms to the interview. Those finished their interviews please give your input.

Sm1smom, did you take this for yourself??

If the principal applicant is employed, I don't think the I-134 is even necessary (personal opinion, I could be wrong). However, the principal applicant may want to prepare one, as the self-sponsor covering the spouse, if the spouse is unemployed. It's better to be over prepared and not need it at the end of the day.

You mean he needs to find somebody to fill it for him, right? In case of spouses, does the winner (primary applicant) need to fill it for the spouse? Or do they just look at the household income?

Actually, I-864 is listed in my interview letter, but the list looks like also used for marriage visa or others.
So I'm confused because I-864 seems not for DV AOS.

I think the I-864 on your interview letter is part of the generic list most of us also received. But it's not quite applicable to DV AOS

Thanks for your answer.
So I still need to find a sponsor, even I have my own Tax return record, right?

You probably don't need a sponsor. But if you can find someone to fill one out for you, it might not be a bad idea. My guess is you will be okay, be sure to take your tax returns or IRS Printouts with you. At the end of the day, demonstration of financial stability may not even be requested during your interview.

Good luck!

When I sent out my I-485 package, I did not include the AOS form. My interview letter had the I-864 listed along with a bunch of some other generic documents. I opted to go along with I-134 as the I-865 didn't make sense to me. But at the end of the day, the affidavit of support wasn't even asked for during my interview.

I remember asking this question a while ago and someone mentioned on this forum that DV lottery winners doing AOS are not required to carry any I-134 forms to the interview. Those finished their interviews please give your input.

Sm1smom, did you take this for yourself??

Thanks Sm1smom, do we need to carry any pay slips or W2 of the person doing I-134 for us.

Anyone else who had the interview was asked for AOS (I-134)?

When I sent out my I-485 package, I did not include the AOS form. My interview letter had the I-864 listed along with a bunch of some other generic documents. I opted to go along with I-134 as the I-865 didn't make sense to me. But at the end of the day, the affidavit of support wasn't even asked for during my interview.