• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hello,

I just wanted to say that we were approved on the spot!!! We were asked for originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents showing shared bills, bank accounts, insurance or things like that. Interviewer was supernice. It took about 20 minutes with the questions, documents, and the information she was entering in the system.

Thanks to everybody for your support and I wish you all to get your permanent resident status soon!

Pryanik :)

Congratulations!

Has anyone who has been interviewed been asked for bank statements? I am on an H1B, and I will probably become current in April 2013. I have been working for 3+ years so I am curious as to what kind of financial support information they ask for. My field office will be San Francisco, but information from anyone who has interviewed will be helpful, thanks

Hello,

I just wanted to say that we were approved on the spot!!! We were asked for originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents showing shared bills, bank accounts, insurance or things like that. Interviewer was supernice. It took about 20 minutes with the questions, documents, and the information she was entering in the system.

Thanks to everybody for your support and I wish you all to get your permanent resident status soon!

Congrats! Did you get a list of those things in your interview letter, did you know before the interview that you were going to be asked for insurance, bills etc? I had no idea they ask for insurance or shared bills.

Hie members i need clarification, my number is very high might become current may be current in July, but by that time my visa will be expired. I have already submitted the forms to KCC and the paid the fee to DOS my visa hasnt expired yet, write now am busy collecting info on all documents- medical etc..

I wanted to find out that will they accept my I 485 form when i submit it when my visa is expired? Please i need your answers and what i can do about it.

What type of visa do you have? If it is F-1, visa expiration date does not matter, date on I-20 matters and you can extend it if you haven't graduated yet. If you are graduating find out about OPT. If it's your first H1B, you can apply to extend it but you have to do it right away since it takes some time to get the labor certificate and get your application ready for extension. If it's J-1, it is usually easier to extend it. At any rate, do not let your status expire, do not count on your I485 current date. Assume you are NOT getting a green card and proceed accordingly.

edit: If you are on J-1 things may get hairy since you'll need the waiver for 2-year residency for green card application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Did you get a list of those things in your interview letter, did you know before the interview that you were going to be asked for insurance, bills etc? I had no idea they ask for insurance or shared bills.

No, the attachment was generic and contained a list of other documents like birth and marriage certificate which anybody would assume they would ask. The list also included court records which were not asked and we did not have because we have never committed any crimes. :) But the list didn't include joint documents (with both names and address) which we had just in case and she finally asked for them. It's just common sense, so better be prepared for anything, the more documents you have, the better.

Pryanik!!! CONGRATSSS!!!! so happy for you! Welcome to the Green World!

Hello,

I had my interview about two hours ago... My experience was quite different than what most of you have shared - so here it goes:
I arrived about 50 minutes early, they notified my interviewer; and then I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in. She asked for my interview letter and my passport. Then we went over my I-485 form. She asked me the school I go to, and my major. She asked me if I traveled outside the U.S. during this process or failed to maintain my F-1 status. Once we completely went over I-485 including those yes/no questions at the very end, she took off the I-94 form from my passport and gave my passport back. She did not ask for any other documents, she did not ask for any of the items that were listed on the interview letter. She said she will be entering my information into the system and unless there happens to be a conflict I should have my green card in my hand in a couple of weeks, and then walked me out to the common area.
So, I guess, all I can do after all is to wait and see :)
Good luck to the rest of you out there!

Has anyone who has been interviewed been asked for bank statements? I am on an H1B, and I will probably become current in April 2013. I have been working for 3+ years so I am curious as to what kind of financial support information they ask for. My field office will be San Francisco, but information from anyone who has interviewed will be helpful, thanks

If you are on H1B you should get a signed letter from your employer stating that you are working for them, your annual salary, and full benefits if you have it. It also helps to have your W-2's ready. IMO if you show that you have a steady income, bank statements should not matter.

No, the attachment was generic and contained a list of other documents like birth and marriage certificate which anybody would assume they would ask. The list also included court records which were not asked and we did not have because we have never committed any crimes. :) But the list didn't include joint documents (with both names and address) which we had just in case and she finally asked for them. It's just common sense, so better be prepared for anything, the more documents you have, the better.

Thanks for the heads up :)

I had my interview about two hours ago... My experience was quite different than what most of you have shared - so here it goes:
I arrived about 50 minutes early, they notified my interviewer; and then I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in. She asked for my interview letter and my passport. Then we went over my I-485 form. She asked me the school I go to, and my major. She asked me if I traveled outside the U.S. during this process or failed to maintain my F-1 status. Once we completely went over I-485 including those yes/no questions at the very end, she took off the I-94 form from my passport and gave my passport back. She did not ask for any other documents, she did not ask for any of the items that were listed on the interview letter. She said she will be entering my information into the system and unless there happens to be a conflict I should have my green card in my hand in a couple of weeks, and then walked me out to the common area.
So, I guess, all I can do after all is to wait and see :)
Good luck to the rest of you out there!

I am certainly hoping for your kind of experience :) Congrats! So far you are the second fastest green in the spreadsheet! :)

I am certainly hoping for your kind of experience :) Congrats! So far you are the second fastest green in the spreadsheet! :)
Thank you! I know! They received my package on Dec 3rd; and I made it to the interview on Jan 18th - just 1.5 months. However, I did not really feel secure leaving the interview room today - just because as I said in the previous post that I did not experience things similar to what other winners have been talking about... I'll just hope for the best...
Good luck on your case!

Thank you! I know! They received my package on Dec 3rd; and I made it to the interview on Jan 18th - just 1.5 months. However, I did not really feel secure leaving the interview room today - just because as I said in the previous post that I did not experience things similar to what other winners have been talking about... I'll just hope for the best...
Good luck on your case!
AHA! This comes directly from the USCIS My Case Status webpage: "On January 18, 2013, your I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was approved."

Great Pryanik, Congratulations!!!! happy for you!!

Hello,