• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hey guys,
I have a question abt the case numbers.
1. If someone has the number 2013AF0012345 and he has been registered with his wife and 1 kid, does that mean that the next allocated case/number will be 2013AF0012348. I m trying to understand the logic behind the gaps ...
2. Also, is this case number what is being printed in the green card? if so, may be we can track the granted numbers and estimate the remaining seats ...
thanks for your thoughts ..

Thanks sm1smom for your reply. I want to know more about CP, What kind of document do i need to fill? I am in a F1 status and i've my class running, so is it possible for me to go there just for interview? (lets say about a week), will My medical done here will work? Can you please explain me about these processes?

To james82:

1. I guess the case number serves only to order the applicants. A family goes with the principal applicant under the same case number so you only can estimate what fraction of applicants are singles, couples etc to figure out how many green cards left for this year.

2. Once your application is received, you are assigned an A-number which will be the number of your green card. It's not your case number, case numbers are used for the lottery selectees only.

Congrats :)

I had an interview today in the morning, and just now my status turned to "Decision - approved".

The interview took about 30 min, the officer asked me for copies of almost everything and I didn't have any :)
Then he asked for my physical address where I moved in just yesterday and I failed to give him the zipcode...

So, I thought my interview was over after such an epic fail, but he asked me some questions from the forms and said he needs to consult his supervisor and the decision will be sent by mail. The end of the interview was way less stressful than the beginning.

thanks porosenok and congrats !

To james82:

1. I guess the case number serves only to order the applicants. A family goes with the principal applicant under the same case number so you only can estimate what fraction of applicants are singles, couples etc to figure out how many green cards left for this year.

2. Once your application is received, you are assigned an A-number which will be the number of your green card. It's not your case number, case numbers are used for the lottery selectees only.

I had an interview today in the morning, and just now my status turned to "Decision - approved".

The interview took about 30 min, the officer asked me for copies of almost everything and I didn't have any :)
Then he asked for my physical address where I moved in just yesterday and I failed to give him the zipcode...

So, I thought my interview was over after such an epic fail, but he asked me some questions from the forms and said he needs to consult his supervisor and the decision will be sent by mail. The end of the interview was way less stressful than the beginning.

Congratulations Porosenok!!!

Pryanik :)

Can Anyone please tell me how to change AOS to CP. I have already filled forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 and paid diversity-processing fee of $330.00. since my case no is AS96** , now i am thinking its better to do CP as i think i wont make it by September 30th. what kind of document do i need to file?

Doing AOS is much easier compared to CP, my two cents

Can Anyone please tell me how to change AOS to CP. I have already filled forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 and paid diversity-processing fee of $330.00. since my case no is AS96** , now i am thinking its better to do CP as i think i wont make it by September 30th. what kind of document do i need to file?

You can start by calling KCC to confirm how to change from AOS to CP.

However,I think you will need to update your information with KCC by resubmitting DSP 122 and DS 230 (parts 1&2). You will need to indicate your CP intention on one of those forms. You will most likely not be able to apply the $330 fee already paid to DOS, you will need to make another payment at the time of your CP interview. Also, your US medical will most likely not be accepted for CP. You will need to do the medical with one of the Doctors listed by the US Embassy in your country. I have no idea how long the medical process in your country will take, so I really can't say if you will be able to finish both medical and interview within a week. Check your country's US embassy's website for the list of approved medical practitioners, then follow up by giving those doctors a call to find out how long the medical will take and whether you can do the medical within a few days of your interview.

The following link will provide you with more information on the process and a list of documents required:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Being a F1 status, you need to be aware of possible implications of going out of the US to undergo CP. God forbid, but should the DV visa not go through for whatever reason(s), I'm not sure of the possibility of your being able to get back on the F1 visa considering it is not a dual intent visa. I don't know for certain that you will not be allowed back on (this is not a legal opinion), but I'm just pointing out the possibility - I could be wrong.

Thanks sm1smom for your reply. I want to know more about CP, What kind of document do i need to fill? I am in a F1 status and i've my class running, so is it possible for me to go there just for interview? (lets say about a week), will My medical done here will work? Can you please explain me about these processes?

You can start by calling KCC to confirm how to change from AOS to CP.

However,I think you will need to update your information with KCC by resubmitting DSP 122 and DS 230 (parts 1&2). You will need to indicate your CP intention on one of those forms. You will most likely not be able to apply the $330 fee already paid to DOS, you will need to make another payment at the time of your CP interview. Also, your US medical will most likely not be accepted for CP. You will need to do the medical with one of the Doctors listed by the US Embassy in your country. I have no idea how long the medical process in your country will take, so I really can't say if you will be able to finish both medical and interview within a week. Check your country's US embassy's website for the list of approved medical practitioners, then follow up by giving those doctors a call to find out how long the medical will take and whether you can do the medical within a few days of your interview.

The following link will provide you with more information on the process and a list of documents required:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Being a F1 status, you need to be aware of possible implications of going out of the US to undergo CP. God forbid, but should the DV visa not go through for whatever reason(s), I'm not sure of the possibility of your being able to get back on the F1 visa considering it is not a dual intent visa. I don't know for certain that you will not be allowed back on (this is not a legal opinion), but I'm just pointing out the possibility - I could be wrong.

Thanks sm1smom for your reply, i really am in deli-ma , even i do CP i need to wait around July-August for Interview, am i right?