• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Jay

H1B Visa is a kind of work visa acctually but my wife had H4 which she can not work. i just send my paystubs and my tax return coppies for 2011 this documents has my w2 form that is what they would ask for. My job is paying 35k to me.
i dont think that they would ask affidavit of support.

i have a friend here who won the green card also but he was not in usa when he was doing his gc procces. . he told me that consolate of usa asked just 15.000 usd in the bank. it mean you should be fine with 22 in a year even you are student. if they would think that you are problem for goverment you would not be in this status as f1 . but you are already doing great with f1 visa . it wont be a problem for you to have GC. that is what i think.

in my interview she asked what company i am working name of the company. but she did not ask how much i am make.
acctually this lady did not ask anything extra from the info which i put on my i-485 form.

i wish this helps.

Legate,

Thanks so much once again. This helps me greatly. I apologize for putting H1B instead of H4 (I know that, it is just a mistake!!). Yes, I convinced from you logic. Hope, everything will be in right track.

Thanks again.
Jay2013

I 485 form under application type category 'h'. Winner supposed to write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached", but while typing on form, that little space does not accommodate the whole sentence. Can I reduce some words, eg. "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Letter Attached" or write with a pen or what? Your experiences please.

Thanks
Jay2013

Merry Christmas to everybody!!! Congratulations once again to the folks who already got their permanent residency!!! And good luck to the ones waiting in line!!!

Pryanik :)

Hi Jay,

I wrote the whole sentence on the continuation sheet.
Otherwise, you can just hand write it.

I 485 form under application type category 'h'. Winner supposed to write "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached", but while typing on form, that little space does not accommodate the whole sentence. Can I reduce some words, eg. "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Letter Attached" or write with a pen or what? Your experiences please.

Thanks
Jay2013

I simply typed in "DV VISA LOTTERY WINNER-COPY OF LETTER ATTACHED". You can also hand write the whole thing if you like.

Thanks
Jay2013

I-485, AOS Help

Thanks for everyone, who have been helping in this site, its really awesome site .

My Number is in a mid 9*** and I guess It will take some more months to be current. For now I am trying to get everything ready. I am a F1 student here at United state, can anyone give me a details about the documents I need to send with I-485 packet?

Any else suggestion I can do for now, bested filling these forms ?

Jay

H1B Visa is a kind of work visa acctually but my wife had H4 which she can not work. i just send my paystubs and my tax return coppies for 2011 this documents has my w2 form that is what they would ask for. My job is paying 35k to me.
i dont think that they would ask affidavit of support.

i have a friend here who won the green card also but he was not in usa when he was doing his gc procces. . he told me that consolate of usa asked just 15.000 usd in the bank. it mean you should be fine with 22 in a year even you are student. if they would think that you are problem for goverment you would not be in this status as f1 . but you are already doing great with f1 visa . it wont be a problem for you to have GC. that is what i think.

in my interview she asked what company i am working name of the company. but she did not ask how much i am make.
acctually this lady did not ask anything extra from the info which i put on my i-485 form.

i wish this helps.

What should I write in Part 3 under section of "Current Occupation" for my wife (in F2 visa, not eligible to work in US). Some people said just write down 'housewife'. I am bit confused N/A or none or housewife or sth else. I will appreciate your response.
Thanks.
Jay

Writing N/A will suffice since an F2 visa prohibits her from working, current occupation is therefore not applicable to her.

What should I write in Part 3 under section of "Current Occupation" for my wife (in F2 visa, not eligible to work in US). Some people said just write down 'housewife'. I am bit confused N/A or none or housewife or sth else. I will appreciate your response.
Thanks.
Jay

i-485 part 3

Hello

Happy christmas

since my wife did not have Social Security Number she was not allow to work. i wrote her occupation HOUSE WIFE. it did worked.
also what i notice. Immigration officer was checking everything in the i-485 form if i made a mistake she was just correcting on the form i dont think that it will be problem even you write she is student.. or you made some small mistakes unless you lie them by purpose about something. just be honest you will be fine

Thanks

Thanks.
Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello John

My status is H1B visa holder and i sent following documents
You might need to show them also that you have money in your account or some body support you here or if you work here make some money they might be fine with it.

1 G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
2 I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
3 Check in the amount of $1,070.00 for Application fee and biometric attached to form I-485
4 G-325A Biographic information
5 I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope.
6 Proof of Education such as diploma and transcript;
7 Copy of Marriage Certificate
8 Copy of I-797, Notice of Action H1B and H4
9 Birth Certificate (Copy of original and copy of certified translation)
10 Letter from Employer
11 Tax Returns
12 Pay Stubs
13 Copy of I-94 front and back
14 Copy of H1B Vissa approval (if you dont have your visa on your pasport)
15 Copy of Passport biographical page
16 Two (2) passport style photos
17 Military Records
18 Police Report
19 Green card lottery letters

Thanks for everyone, who have been helping in this site, its really awesome site .

My Number is in a mid 9*** and I guess It will take some more months to be current. For now I am trying to get everything ready. I am a F1 student here at United state, can anyone give me a details about the documents I need to send with I-485 packet?

Any else suggestion I can do for now, bested filling these forms ?

hello Kazore

i just wrote i-485 package list. if you are single or not it is same you send same documents. since you are not married you dont have to send documents for one more person as marriage centification or h4 visa coppies but send the rest of the documents.

Thanks

Hi to every one, I am preparing my I-485 package. I have a job and I'm single, I know I don't need to fill out an affidavit of support. What documents should I include in the package and what documents are only needed for the interview? Bank statements, last pay stubs, W2, IRS returns, letter of employment... ? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have some experience about format to explain in continuation sheet by putting YES in question no 2 (related to public assistance), part 3 of I-485? Pls share your thoughts. I am really in confusion.

My wife and daughter got WIC (Woman, Infants and Children) assistance for few months to 1 year. I am fully convinced that WIC does not count under "public charge" based on the information released by government/USCIS.

But the question 2, part 3 of I-485 ask like this:

Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the United States government or any state, county, city or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment), or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future? YES/NO

Having said that, I am not sure the definition of public assistance here whether it is referring to only the programs that would count for public charges or it is for any programs regardless of that. So, not sure, whether I should mark on yes or no. I also dont want to lie them about the case. I am thinking to mark on "Yes" with explanation. Anybody has that kind of issues before? if so can you tell me the format of continuation page what I supposed to write. Sorry for the long post but really need to have answer since I need to file I-485 in January.

Thanks very much in advance
Jay

Hello

Happy christmas

since my wife did not have Social Security Number she was not allow to work. i wrote her occupation HOUSE WIFE. it did worked.
also what i notice. Immigration officer was checking everything in the i-485 form if i made a mistake she was just correcting on the form i dont think that it will be problem even you write she is student.. or you made some small mistakes unless you lie them by purpose about something. just be honest you will be fine

Thanks

Legate,

Thank you very much for your answer. I makes me somehow more flexible to put the options. Thanks alot.

Thank you very much legate for the detailed list.

hello Kazore

i just wrote i-485 package list. if you are single or not it is same you send same documents. since you are not married you dont have to send documents for one more person as marriage centification or h4 visa coppies but send the rest of the documents.

Thanks

I wrote "DV lottery winner - Copy of letter attached"

Thanks
Jay2013

i-485

Hi everyone! I have a few questions regarding i-485.

1. Where can we find the non-immigrant visa number? (I am on F1 visa.)
2. What do we have to write in the field 'in-care-of'?

I would be grateful if any of you can answer this.

Thank you,
Pritu

Hi everyone! I have a few questions regarding i-485.

1. Where can we find the non-immigrant visa number? (I am on F1 visa.)
2. What do we have to write in the field 'in-care-of'?

I would be grateful if any of you can answer this.

Thank you,
Pritu

1. The red one.
2. I didn't write anything

I-94 both sides

I came to know that we need to include I-94 both sides. Back side of my I-94 does not have anything filled up. Just the instruction and form. Nothing is filled up on the form. is this normal?