• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Affidavit of support

Congratulations for those who already got interviews and welcome letters, and all the best for waiting people for further process and interview.

I am going to send documents for Jan. Do I need to worry about sending financial documents (I am talking about affidavit supports for F2 visa holders) now? I believe, the interview letter must tell us what should be included in the interview (may be affidavit of supports). Is it right? Any thoughts, experiences etc. My daughter and wife (Principal applicant) both do not have income source in US (F2 visa holders), I am a graduate student. i will include my paystubs, tax etc. while sending I-485. is it sufficient?

Thanks so much in advance.

Jay2013

fees??

Hi actodc00,

How much amount of check you sent in application altogether. I get confused about the fees for my daughter. I believe it is $635 for kids, right? so altogether including biometric fees for all of three would be ($985+$85)x2 (for parents) + $635 (for child), total $2775 right?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi actodc00,

How much amount of check you sent in application altogether. I get confused about the fees for my daughter. I believe it is $635 for kids, right? so altogether including biometric fees for all of three would be ($985+$85)x2 (for parents) + $635 (for child), total $2775 right?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jay,

you are correct, ($985+$85)x2 (for parents) + $635 (for child)

Hello everybody . Me and my wife also have a green card :D

Before i start i would like to thank immigration.com's admins to create this forum and every body who write their experience in .
this website was as usefull as having legal support such as lawyer. Thanks everybody.

My interview was so easy.It was in San Antonio Texas, our apointment was 10.00 am and 10.30 am. we were there 9.40. security guy got our interview letters and told us to take a seat. at 10.30 officer called my name , when we get closer to her she smiled and introduce her self. on the way to her room she was also talking to us about her day , then finaly we were in her room had a seat. she got our documents and start to check. Start to ask questions as
Name where am i from , what is my legal status, my last entry etc. these questions was asked just to make sure all the information that i give and i-485 form mach. she also asked some other questions on the form. she didn't request any original document other than our passports and i-94 forms.

it took around 1 hour and 30 minutes . in all this time she was filling our informations in to system, asking some questions to other officers by phone because she was confused about dv visas, we were talking about new york christmas etc.
To make long story short this interview was all about the document that i send them they just make sure that we fill it correctly.

she just put stamp on our pasports for one year . we will recieve our cards about 6 weeks.

she was a nice lady. i wish you guys have nice officers for your interview also.

Take this as advice.
--- You should keep your answers short and to the point. if the officer need more information they will ask you other question.
--- if you are not sure about the answer say that you dont know, dont guess. if officer ask about your last entry and if you dont remember say that you dond remember. you are allow to check your i 94. if you guess then officer might push harder on subject.
--- Dress appropriately , it may increase your chanse to succes.

i did all of these it helped perfectly.

Good luck every body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, remember when you had to send a fee of $330 with a return address for them to send you back the receipt?
How many days did it take to receive the receipt?

I send mine about 2+ weeks ago and I still haven't received anything. Post office woman told me it should take 3-5 days for them to receive my postal.
I'm worried it got lost or something..any opinion? Or is 2 weeks relatively short?

2 - 3 weeks seems to be the time frame. And I don't think there's cause for you to panic yet. Also remember, this is the holiday period, things might slow down a bit.

Guys, remember when you had to send a fee of $330 with a return address for them to send you back the receipt?
How many days did it take to receive the receipt?

I send mine about 2+ weeks ago and I still haven't received anything. Post office woman told me it should take 3-5 days for them to receive my postal.
I'm worried it got lost or something..any opinion? Or is 2 weeks relatively short?

Before i start i would like to thank immigration.com's admins to create this forum and every body who write their experience in .
this website was as usefull as having legal support such as lawyer. Thanks everybody.

My interview was so easy.It was in San Antonio Texas, our apointment was 10.00 am and 10.30 am. we were there 9.40. security guy got our interview letters and told us to take a seat. at 10.30 officer called my name , when we get closer to her she smiled and introduce her self. on the way to her room she was also talking to us about her day , then finaly we were in her room had a seat. she got our documents and start to check. Start to ask questions as
Name where am i from , what is my legal status, my last entry etc. these questions was asked just to make sure all the information that i give and i-485 form mach. she also asked some other questions on the form. she didn't request any original document other than our passports and i-94 forms.

it took around 1 hour and 30 minutes . in all this time she was filling our informations in to system, asking some questions to other officers by phone because she was confused about dv visas, we were talking about new york christmas etc.
To make long story short this interview was all about the document that i send them they just make sure that we fill it correctly.

she just put stamp on our pasports for one year . we will recieve our cards about 6 weeks.

she was a nice lady. i wish you guys have nice officers for your interview also.

Take this as advice.
--- You should keep your answers short and to the point. if the officer need more information they will ask you other question.
--- if you are not sure about the answer say that you dont know, dont guess. if officer ask about your last entry and if you dont remember say that you dond remember. you are allow to check your i 94. if you guess then officer might push harder on subject.

Good luck every body.

Congratulations Legate!!!

Pryanik :)

Card production

Just received notification that the cards have been ordered.
FYI: we did fill out form G1145 and only received one text acknowledging initial package acceptance. Once my case was activated online, I setup a portfolio on USCIS website and requested emailed notification.

Take this as advice.

Good luck every body.

Congratulations Legate!!

Just received notification that the cards have been ordered.
FYI: we did fill out form G1145 and only received one text acknowledging initial package acceptance. Once my case was activated online, I setup a portfolio on USCIS website and requested emailed notification.

I did the same, apparently G-1145 just works at the acceptance stage.

Pryanik :)

Hi to every one, I am preparing my I-485 package. I have a job and I'm single, I know I don't need to fill out an affidavit of support. What documents should I include in the package and what documents are only needed for the interview? Bank statements, last pay stubs, W2, IRS returns, letter of employment... ? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help.

Hello

i sent following pacage and take original documents with me to interview . everything was good . if you are with h1b and have wife . you should prepare following documents.

1 G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
2 I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
3 Check in the amount of $1,070.00 for Application fee and biometric attached to form I-485
4 G-325A Biographic information
5 I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope.
6 Proof of Education such as diploma and transcript;
7 Copy of Marriage Certificate
8 Copy of I-797, Notice of Action H1B and H4
9 Birth Certificate (Copy of original and copy of certified translation)
10 Letter from Employer
11 Tax Returns
12 Pay Stubs
13 Copy of I-94 front and back
14 Copy of H1B Vissa approval (if you dont have your visa on your pasport)
15 Copy of Passport biographical page
16 Two (2) passport style photos
17 Military Records
18 Police Report
19 Green card lottery letters

Hi to every one, I am preparing my I-485 package. I have a job and I'm single, I know I don't need to fill out an affidavit of support. What documents should I include in the package and what documents are only needed for the interview? Bank statements, last pay stubs, W2, IRS returns, letter of employment... ? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help.

Hello

i sent following pacage and take original documents with me to interview . everything was good . if you are with h1b and have wife . you should prepare following documents.

1 G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
2 I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
3 Check in the amount of $1,070.00 for Application fee and biometric attached to form I-485
4 G-325A Biographic information
5 I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record in sealed envelope.
6 Proof of Education such as diploma and transcript;
7 Copy of Marriage Certificate
8 Copy of I-797, Notice of Action H1B and H4
9 Birth Certificate (Copy of original and copy of certified translation)
10 Letter from Employer
11 Tax Returns
12 Pay Stubs
13 Copy of I-94 front and back
14 Copy of H1B Vissa approval (if you dont have your visa on your pasport)
15 Copy of Passport biographical page
16 Two (2) passport style photos
17 Military Records
18 Police Report
19 Green card lottery letters

Legate
Thank you very much 4 ur information. H1b also cannot work like f2, did u send affidavit of support on ur wife behalf? Or did they ask u 4 that in interview. At the same time, u might have good job, may not need to show evidence other than yours. I am in f1 around 22k, my wife n daughter are i f2, no jobs. Hope ur comments.
Thanks.

Jay

H1B Visa is a kind of work visa acctually but my wife had H4 which she can not work. i just send my paystubs and my tax return coppies for 2011 this documents has my w2 form that is what they would ask for. My job is paying 35k to me.
i dont think that they would ask affidavit of support.

i have a friend here who won the green card also but he was not in usa when he was doing his gc procces. . he told me that consolate of usa asked just 15.000 usd in the bank. it mean you should be fine with 22 in a year even you are student. if they would think that you are problem for goverment you would not be in this status as f1 . but you are already doing great with f1 visa . it wont be a problem for you to have GC. that is what i think.

in my interview she asked what company i am working name of the company. but she did not ask how much i am make.
acctually this lady did not ask anything extra from the info which i put on my i-485 form.

i wish this helps.

Legate
Thank you very much 4 ur information. H1b also cannot work like f2, did u send affidavit of support on ur wife behalf? Or did they ask u 4 that in interview. At the same time, u might have good job, may not need to show evidence other than yours. I am in f1 around 22k, my wife n daughter are i f2, no jobs. Hope ur comments.
Thanks.

Help/Advice Needed!

I am a DV2013 selectee from Africa and the whole Affidavit of Support is a little confusing so here's my question:

My "sponsors" on my form are listed as my aunt and uncle (both US citizens) i.e. I will be living with them therefore I have provided their residential address.

However on DS-230-Part II I have indicated the petitioner as myself i.e. I will be financially sponsoring myself as I do not require a financial sponsor in the US as I have sufficient resources in my current country of residence as I am self-employed.

I have indicated myself as an entrepreneur/investor on my form as I do not plan to seek employment in the US but rather be self-employed.

QUESTION - do I need to go through the whole effort of the I-134 form or can I simply present my original personal bank statements and original company bank statements/annual returns/audited accounts and have a written affidavit from my parents who are the company directors that they will support me if required at the time of the interview?

Any advice or information is highly appreciated :)

Are you currently based in the US and planning on doing an AOS processing? If yes, you shouldn't be bothering yourself about Affidavit of Support. If you're doing CP, then this is the wrong thread to post your question. You should start a new thread addressing your unique situation.

I am a DV2013 selectee from Africa and the whole Affidavit of Support is a little confusing so here's my question:

My "sponsors" on my form are listed as my aunt and uncle (both US citizens) i.e. I will be living with them therefore I have provided their residential address.

However on DS-230-Part II I have indicated the petitioner as myself i.e. I will be financially sponsoring myself as I do not require a financial sponsor in the US as I have sufficient resources in my current country of residence as I am self-employed.

I have indicated myself as an entrepreneur/investor on my form as I do not plan to seek employment in the US but rather be self-employed.

QUESTION - do I need to go through the whole effort of the I-134 form or can I simply present my original personal bank statements and original company bank statements/annual returns/audited accounts and have a written affidavit from my parents who are the company directors that they will support me if required at the time of the interview?

Any advice or information is highly appreciated :)