• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

It all depends on your age first Here is a link, by the end of the page there is a table with all the vaccinations required for each age group.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Then if you had proof for immunization taken before it is OK but if you don't have proof, like an official document, then you have to make blood test to prove you have immunity. For example, if you had suffered Varicella (chicken pox) when u were a child, then when u make a blood test it will show that u are immune, so u don't have to take the vaccine. Read the whole link, it has all the information. All vaccines and TB could be done in your local regional clinic, this way it will be cheaper, just make sure to take copy of every blood test with the results, or vaccine you do. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Although your record is clean, it's preferable that you have all of them handy.

Simple copies of the certificate with your I-485 are fine (don't worry about them having to be notorized).

Hi again guys!

We want to take advantage of the time we have until we file our documents. For I-485: I would like to know if we need police clearance, court records and penal records from our home countries (we have never had any of those issues). Also, for married couples, we have two legalized and translated copies of our marriage certificate, do we need to include these copies in our personal I-485 files or we just send simple copies and we take the legalized and translated copies to the interview?

What about vaccination? What vaccines are required? I know some of them need more than one shot done during some weeks.

Thanks again!

Pryanik :)

Won Diversity visa program 2013 but really need help to decide!!!!

Moved to new thread :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No 2NL yet

I have not yet received 2NL via email b'cos of problem in email address. I called KCC and they ask me to send an email with correct email address so that they can send that letter. In the mean time, I just wonder, do we really need that letter while applying? I reviewed previous forum contents and they only mentioned '1NL/notification letter'. I already paid the fees and they send me the receipt on 2nd July, hope I will get that soon.

Having said, do you guys think that 2NL (acknowledgement letter showing intention of AOS) is required? For me, this letter (sample letter I have read) is just to notify you about further processing i.e payment DV fees etc. Need your opinions??

Thanks,

Rarely does the immigration officer ask for the intention to do AOS letter from KCC, so do not worry about it.

Still, having it handy with you on the day of the interview does not hurt.

I have not yet received 2NL via email b'cos of problem in email address. I called KCC and they ask me to send an email with correct email address so that they can send that letter. In the mean time, I just wonder, do we really need that letter while applying? I reviewed previous forum contents and they only mentioned '1NL/notification letter'. I already paid the fees and they send me the receipt on 2nd July, hope I will get that soon.

Having said, do you guys think that 2NL (acknowledgement letter showing intention of AOS) is required? For me, this letter (sample letter I have read) is just to notify you about further processing i.e payment DV fees etc. Need your opinions??

Thanks,

Greetings all,

1. I read the instructions for the i-485, and it mentions the requirement for "police clearance" if you need to submit an "i-485 supplement". Does a person doing AOS based on DV lottery winning need to fill out one of these supplemental forms? Did the CIS ask any of you to submit such clearance?

2. The instructions mention nothing about i-134 (affidavit of support), yet I read somewhere that somebody was denied due to failure to submit that particular form. Since my wife (H-4 status) is the winner and by law she can't work, should I assume that she needs to attach the i-134 to her i-485?

Thanks in advance.

USCIS Processing Time Information

Hi,

I have a question about the USCIS processing times. Since I live in Oregon, I would be interacting with portland's field office.

I just checked the USCIS Processing Time Information webpage and I can see that for I-485 applications, the processing timeframe is December 21, 2011. I was wondering what this means. Does it mean that they are currently processing the applications that were received on December 21, 2011? If that is the case, should I be worried about it since we have September as the deadline for AOSers?

Greetings all,

1. I read the instructions for the i-485, and it mentions the requirement for "police clearance" if you need to submit an "i-485 supplement". Does a person doing AOS based on DV lottery winning need to fill out one of these supplemental forms? Did the CIS ask any of you to submit such clearance?

2. The instructions mention nothing about i-134 (affidavit of support), yet I read somewhere that somebody was denied due to failure to submit that particular form. Since my wife (H-4 status) is the winner and by law she can't work, should I assume that she needs to attach the i-134 to her i-485?

Thanks in advance.

I also have the similar question as in No. 2. I am PhD student with annual income around $22000/yr but my wife (F1 visa) is principal applicant and obviously she is not allowed to work here. So, that is the total annual income we family (myself, my wife and daughter 3yrs). Do we need to think about "affidavit of support".

Your kind reply will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Make sure yo acquire police clearance from your home country.

Do not worry about I-134 unless it is one of the required documents in the INTERVIEW LETTER.

Greetings all,

Thanks in advance.

Sard setspadv

That is correct, loladvas13!

With regards to your processing times question, what is your case number?

Hi,

I have a question about the USCIS processing times. Since I live in Oregon, I would be interacting with portland's field office.

I just checked the USCIS Processing Time Information webpage and I can see that for I-485 applications, the processing timeframe is December 21, 2011. I was wondering what this means. Does it mean that they are currently processing the applications that were received on December 21, 2011? If that is the case, should I be worried about it since we have September as the deadline for AOSers?

...only if your interview letter asks fot it. Otherwise, do not worry about it.

I also have the similar question as in No. 2. I am PhD student with annual income around $22000/yr but my wife (F1 visa) is principal applicant and obviously she is not allowed to work here. So, that is the total annual income we family (myself, my wife and daughter 3yrs). Do we need to think about "affidavit of support".

Your kind reply will be appreciated.
Thanks,

AOS for F1 Phd student

Hi,

I have been reading the posts for a while but I just got so much confused.

I am 2nd year PhD student working as a teaching asssitant in US and selected for DV2013. I am going to apply for AOS however I am kinda confused about which document I am supposed to send.

What I understand from the readings that I am supposed to fill out DS-122 and send 2 passport photos with barcode (which is the status check page I guess) page. However, it says I need to send DS-230 along with DS-122. Do I also need to send DS-230?

Can also somebody give me the links for all these forms please?

I appreciate for your help,

Regards.

Regarding Adjustment of Fee Payment

Hello all,
I sent all my documents to the KCC on May 16. As of now, I have not received any sort of email from them stating that they completed processing my forms. Can someone clarify if I can go ahead and pay the Adjustment of Status Fee of $330 (I am in the U.S. legally) ? Also, do I just print out the form available here ( http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html ) or is there some other special receipt that I need to fill up?

Thanks

Make sure yo acquire police clearance from your home country.

Do not worry about I-134 unless it is one of the required documents in the INTERVIEW LETTER.

Thanks Amine, getting a police clearance letter in my country is a 7-step process involving 5 kinds of documents and 6 offices. It is a hassle, so I was hoping that it's not required except for special cases. Oh well.

DS-122
www.state.gov/documents/organization/80148.pdf

DS-230
www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Go ahead and send both.

Hi,

I have been reading the posts for a while but I just got so much confused.

I am 2nd year PhD student working as a teaching asssitant in US and selected for DV2013. I am going to apply for AOS however I am kinda confused about which document I am supposed to send.

What I understand from the readings that I am supposed to fill out DS-122 and send 2 passport photos with barcode (which is the status check page I guess) page. However, it says I need to send DS-230 along with DS-122. Do I also need to send DS-230?

Can also somebody give me the links for all these forms please?

I appreciate for your help,

Regards.