• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

It's my turn to share my interview experience. My FO is in LA and needs security check when entering the building. There were a lot of people and I waited around 1 hour until IO called my name. The interview was around 10 minutes and only asked me to provide my ID, passport, I-94, I-20 (I'm a PhD student and work as a research assistant in lab), my tax return records, pay stubs, and my highest diploma. The questions were exactly same as I-485. After the questions, we just had a free chat regarding my major for another 15 minutes. At the end of the interview, she told me that DV-AOS is very rare even in LA and I should get my card within 3 weeks.

Hope this can help someone who are waiting for interview and wish everyone can be greened ASAP. Good Luck!

Congrats mike0916!!

On a side note, keep in mind that your interviews may be recorded, so watch what you say. Even if the IO looks like he's chatting casually, you are still under oath and he might be fishing :)

GOOD NEWS everyone!

After chewing my fingers down to the bone and worrying whether my country had reached it's quota, several calls to USCIS and even scheduling an appointment at the Field Office; my Welcome Letter and email notification of CPO arrived last week. I'm tracking the envelope and the card should arrive today. I can finally start filling out financial aid forms and now have a chance to finish medical school. To everybody else out there, hold on to Faith and you will be rewarded. Gotta thank the admins of this website for such an awesome support system. All the best to everybody who are still waiting!

2013SA000005xx AOS
05-20-12 DV Fee ($330) to DoS
05-30-12 DV Adjustment Email Letter
10-01-12 AOS Package to Chicago (returned)
12-01-12 AOS Package to Chicago (accepted)
12-09-12 Notice of Action (I-797C)
12-21-12 Biometric Appointment Letter (01-16-13)
01-02-13 Biometric Done (Walk-In)
02-04-13 Work/Travel Permit Received
02-05-13 Interview Letter Received (2-28-13)
02-28-13 Interview
03-18-13 Welcome Letter Received
03-21-13 GC Received

Finally you got it, niceeeee!!! Congratulations MFDV2013!!!

GOOD NEWS everyone!

After chewing my fingers down to the bone and worrying whether my country had reached it's quota, several calls to USCIS and even scheduling an appointment at the Field Office; my Welcome Letter and email notification of CPO arrived last week. I'm tracking the envelope and the card should arrive today. I can finally start filling out financial aid forms and now have a chance to finish medical school. To everybody else out there, hold on to Faith and you will be rewarded. Gotta thank the admins of this website for such an awesome support system. All the best to everybody who are still waiting!

2013SA000005xx AOS
02-28-13 Interview
03-21-13 GC Received

congrats mike0916 and MFDV2013!!

if I may add mike0916, in Sacramento FO, there is also security check with metal detector when I entered the building.
but I heard they changed the policy so now you can bring your cell phone in although I am not sure this apply to all the FO or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD NEWS everyone!

2013SA000005xx AOS
02-28-13 Interview
03-21-13 GC Received

Congrats MFDV2013! It sucks to wait for welcome letter that long.

rnotk, AFAIK all federal buildings have security checks and metal detectors, I don't know about cell phone policies though. I left mine in the car. They didn't have any lockers etc. in case you need to leave your phone at the gate, so maybe they allow it.

On a related note, we are not supposed to be a public charge the first five years, so does filling financial aid forms count for public charge, or do they mean unemployment benefits, ER visits etc. ?

How much is the minimum income for sponsor who signs the I-134? It is scaring the hell out of people when I ask them to sign it for me :)
Although this form is not legally binding the words used "sue" at the end of the form is really scaring people.

How much is the minimum income for sponsor who signs the I-134? It is scaring the hell out of people when I ask them to sign it for me :)
Although this form is not legally binding the words used "sue" at the end of the form is really scaring people.

Poverty guidelines:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=73c63591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

What do you mean the form is not legally binding ? It doesn't get any more legal than that :) Scary part is, the person who signs this form does not know exactly how long this form will be in effect.

Hi,

I have a question about my recipt number. We gao our recipt number last month. It started with MSC and the online check page doesnt include starting with MSC. Also when check my number online system doesnt show my number under process. I have 6 diffrent numbers starting with MSC. What does MSC mean.

I'm still waiting my interview letter. Biometric completed on March 1. Is it normal. I reaaly worry about that.

Thank you for help.

If you go over the link below it says that I-134 is for non-immigrants and is not legally binding, used for judging financial ability.

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-9543/0-0-0-10124.html#0-0-0-722

I-864 is under section 213A act for immigrants.

What do you mean the form is not legally binding ? It doesn't get any more legal than that :) Scary part is, the person who signs this form does not know exactly how long this form will be in effect.

Hi,

I have a question about my recipt number. We gao our recipt number last month. It started with MSC and the online check page doesnt include starting with MSC. Also when check my number online system doesnt show my number under process. I have 6 diffrent numbers starting with MSC. What does MSC mean.

I'm still waiting my interview letter. Biometric completed on March 1. Is it normal. I reaaly worry about that.

Thank you for help.

MSC stands for Missouri Service Center...
Other applications may have LIN...which stands for Lincoln Service Center
And there are more service centers that i am not aware of

According to the link I-134 is used for students and visitors, I guess as our current status is non-immigrants they ask for I-134 and those doing CP use I-864 as they enter country as immigrants.

OK but we are not nonimmigrants? I never understood why we are supposed to do I134 instead of I864 anyway.

You need to include the MSC and the following combination of numbers to check your status.

Hi,

Thank you for help.

I have 6 diffrent numbers starting with MSC. What does MSC mean.

Can you explain why you have six different numbers? Are you going through AOS as a family of six?
On the USCIS page, enter your receipt number as it is written, like: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

It may take a while, you can contact them after 30 days if you still haven't gotten it. Please look at previous pages for the related discussion.

According to the link I-134 is used for students and visitors, I guess as our current status is non-immigrants they ask for I-134 and those doing CP use I-864 as they enter country as immigrants.

Affidavit of support is not for the current status, it is for the status you are seeking, right? If I'm seeking immigrant status, I'll need I-864 regardless of CP or AOS. That's what I understand, I may be wrong.

I-864 could not be used for DV lottery, it is for immediate relatives and family preference categories, and for some rare EB immigration.
If you lack funds, you could use I-134 for DV immigration. I-134 is never a requirement (like I-864 for relative immigration), it could just be used in case funding is lacked by other means.

If you lack funds, you could use I-134 for DV immigration. I-134 is never a requirement (like I-864 for relative immigration), it could just be used in case funding is lacked by other means.
Actually I-134 IS a requirement for some countries ex. Sri Lanka.
@aos13 for DV purpose you'll need I-134 not I-864.

Criteria for some countries are stricter than for other ones. However, that is never a requirement if funds or income are available. In some countries, consul would assume funds are always available provided there is a proof of otherwise. In some countries you would really sweat hard to prove funds or future income. But in no case I-134 is required if funds are not a problem

Hello Every1,
I know we have discussed this before, but i just wanted to make sure. We are getting ready for our medicals and just wanted to check do we need to do any other vaccines than MMR, Influenza, TB and Tetanus? One of my friends who did medical in the past told me that she had to do Hepatitis b too. I read in the forum that we only do four. Plz guide me on this.
Thanks.