• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

My only response to you is good luck with your processing. I'm done with this discussion.

I thought the forum is to ask questions. I needed fact on when can I apply, not recommendation. Like I said KCC gave me two answer: one said I can file a month ahead, other said April 1.

aos13 provided recommendation to go for APril 1. That's why I reposted to get the fact. I have seen in this blog that people have sent I-485 way before the month when their case is current.

If you do not have answer, do not reply and criticize. SOmeone who knows will post... Again NOT RECOMMENDATION, ALL I NEED IS FACT n TRUTH....

Utility bills, phone bills, credit card bills showing you or her as an AU, property titles (car, house, etc) and pictures! They like to see pictures especially from your wedding! :)

Pryanik :)

Thanks Pryanik777!

I submitted a letter from my Boss with the I-485 package, I am hoping it will substitute the letter from HR. What did they ask to verify relationship. We got married after my wife won the lottery, although it was planned before. We are planing to provide the joint accounts, joint assets and travel itineraries together with photos for the past few years. Any other suggestions?

Varxx,

I don't know anybody who was asked for an affidavit of support. The interesting thing is that my attorney had already included the forms I-864 and I-134 in my package. When the officer saw them, she was surprised. She said that there is no need for these forms.

Just see what you are specifically asked in your interview letter (there is a general instruction on the back of the letter which asks for I-864. However, the officer told me that this is a general form and this is not required for DV cases). If there was no instruction for Affidavit of support, I would say just take a bank statement, and anything else that you think it might help. Job offers (if any), proof of financial support from school, etc.

I still have a question regarding the affidavit of support or bank statement for applicants who are on F1, was anyone asked at the interview??

Varxx,
I don't know anybody who was asked for an affidavit of support. The interesting thing is that my attorney had already included the forms I-864 and I-134 in my package. When the officer saw them, she was surprised. She said that there is no need for these forms.

Thanks loladvas13 and pryanik777!

lol I still did not receive the interview letter, was planning to arrange and get all done before hand. Our biometrics are on 2/25, tried walk-in but they did not allow. Thought about going to NY but was unable to because of day's commute.

I think a letter from the local municipality about the name correction and also separate affidavits from parents, explaining the mistake, should help with this issue. Other members on this thread may have an input.

Thanks Varxx for your reply. I hope to hear from other members.
Please help!!!

Yes, a good alternative would have been to not answer at all, but I believe in calling a spade a spade, so ...........

I'm a firm believer of calling spades myself, so no challenge there. :)

And anyway, in this particular instance, the OP's original question, post #1515 (which, by the way was immediately answered by you) and the repeat question, post #1525 are actually on the same page. I don't have an issue with people asking the same question that has probably been asked and answered a gazillion times by others (and which are probably spread all other the thread). My beef is with those who never bother to check on the answers provided by others to questions they've asked and they continue to ask it all over again. It's a different thing if they find the initial response confusing, inadequate, unsubstantiated, etc. At least, they should show some sort of acknowledgment of those responses. That's my personal opinion.

As I already said, I do agree with you. I just pointed out that in general I sympathize with people. How is this controversial?

In this particular case, it didn't bother me a bit that he treated my response nonexistent. So he is not looking for a "recommendation", fine, his prerogative. He should know that in forums like these he'll get only opinions, as none of us has any authority on immigration matters. I actually even explained why some people might think it is OK to send it early. His choice.

I don't go about picking holes in people's postings and I certainly don't appreciate others doing same to me!

If you mean that I'm looking for holes in your postings, no I do not. But I should, and you should too. This forum is there for people to share experience and knowledge. We all try our best to share the most accurate information, don't we? If somebody has something to comment about a question or an answer which he/she believes will improve the shared knowledge, it should be welcome. Why would you take it personally as if you are being challenged?

Besides, if people, in my opinion, make a mistake, miss something, or give the wrong impression about a matter, I'll call a spade a spade :D If I turn out to be wrong on the matter, so be it, I have no problem being falsified. I'd expect the same from others.

This has been posted elewhere but I am putting here hopping that you guys (aos13, Sm1smon and others) can provide advice to help me solve this problem.
Please I need your advise badly as the interview is scheduled for next month.

Thank you,

Dear Matap,

Thanks for mentioning my name but I have no definite knowledge of how you should proceed. I myself have a bit of a similar situation although not as complicated as yours, regarding names. My opinion is to use the name on the passport as it is the latest issued official document by your government. Listing all possible aliases on a new DS-230 sounds like a good idea. Apparently you are doing CP, right? I would contact the local US embassy and ask them. Embassy personnel are more familiar with the local customs and local documents as they issue thousands of visas every year, and they may have already seen a case or two like yours. What varxx suggested also makes sense but I would definitely contact the embassy.

Well, she asked for other documents besides our wedding certificate, we decided to take everything we could but since "everything" was way too much, we just took some extra documents and pictures. As a son of a lawyer, I know I have to be prepared for any documents the officers might think of.

Hmmm, so that means I should bring whole bunch of photos to the interview? :eek: Because we don't really have joint accounts or joint anything other than a kid and a marriage license. :D

Well, she asked for other documents besides our wedding certificate, we decided to take everything we could but since "everything" was way too much, we just took some extra documents and pictures. As a son of a lawyer, I know I have to be prepared for any documents the officers might think of.

So you had no idea before the interview that you were going to be asked for more than a wedding certificate, but you just took those things with you as a precaution ?

aos13,

did you get married after winning the dv lottery?

So you had no idea before the interview that you were going to be asked for more than a wedding certificate, but you just took those things with you as a precaution ?

Regarding marriage scrutiny for AOS, I guess it really depends on the FO and the IO officer one ends up with. Based on what I've read on other AOS threads and my personal experience, it's not a standard DV-AOS practice. In my own case, although my interview letter requested I show up with my original marriage certificate (copy of which was sent with my I-485 package), it wasn't requested for during the interview.

Of course for those yet to be interviewed, it never hurts to be over-prepared, attend your interview with as many documents as you can possibly lay your hands on proving your relationship as a couple. And if your marriage certificate is all that you have, I'm certain it will be okay, since that is what your interview letter is specifically asks for in the first place anyways.

And if your marriage certificate is all that you have, I'm certain it will be okay, since that is what your interview letter is specifically asks for in the first place anyways.

That is certainly what I am hoping but pryanik changed my plans. Funny thing is almost all my wedding pics are digital, if I print them now, they'll look suspiciously new. :D:D

Come to think of it, I look much younger in them, so I'll be OK :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Varxx,
I am in the same boat as you. Got married after sending DSP 122. My husband is a GA too and we both dont make too much money combined, so I was worried about sponsorship part too. I guess, I will just wait for the interview letter and see what they ask for.
As for the documents and pictures, we had a court marriage and only people present was my mom, mother in law and my brother. We dated for 5 years and decided to get married. We are planning to take tons of pics, our car loan together, both the phones in family plan for last 4 years, so we might take letter from Verizon, also our car insurance is together for last 2 yrs so will take that too.
I think you will be interviewed before me, so your experience will surely help us. Al the best. Cheers!!
I still have a question regarding the affidavit of support or bank statement for applicants who are on F1, was anyone asked at the interview??

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on the IO your interview is with. So you'd better be ready.

Regarding marriage scrutiny for AOS, I guess it really depends on the FO and the IO officer one ends up with. Based on what I've read on other AOS threads and my personal experience, it's not a standard DV-AOS practice. In my own case, although my interview letter requested I show up with my original marriage certificate (copy of which was sent with my I-485 package), it wasn't requested for during the interview.

Of course for those yet to be interviewed, it never hurts to be over-prepared, attend your interview with as many documents as you can possibly lay your hands on proving your relationship as a couple. And if your marriage certificate is all that you have, I'm certain it will be okay, since that is what your interview letter is specifically asks for in the first place anyways.