• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 AOS for F-1 Visa student

Mako thosyste

Thanks for the replies. I am now reading how to fill i485. I need birth certificate and criminal history docs. I do not have anything relate to these sections. The ones who are in the usa, how did you get your criminal history and birth certificate? Should i get in touch with my country and let my family send these? I mean since I have my f1 visa and to get the visa i already show these docs to embassy in my country. Why is this so complicated???

Mgcelik,

First of all, those are their requirements and you must fullfill them if you want to succeed in the DV Program. You have to get your birth certificate and to have it translated by someone with enough English proficiency (I used an official translator from my country) and asked a family member to send it to me. As for the police clearance, they say it is not necessary if you are doing AOS but I got one from my country just in case.

Pryanik :)

Thanks for the replies. I am now reading how to fill i485. I need birth certificate and criminal history docs. I do not have anything relate to these sections. The ones who are in the usa, how did you get your criminal history and birth certificate? Should i get in touch with my country and let my family send these? I mean since I have my f1 visa and to get the visa i already show these docs to embassy in my country. Why is this so complicated???

As I understand it if you are doing AOS you only need to submit record(s) if you have ever been arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime. If you've never been arrested for anything in your life, there's nothing to submit. If you've been arrested (especially in the US) and you fail to submit the police report, they will consider that as lying, and they will deny your application permanently.

For birth certificate unfortunately you will need to get it sent from your country. If the birth certificate is in anything but English, you need to get it translated and the translator needs to certify it.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

What other documents in the AOS package?

Hi eveybody,

Now i have a bit more clear picture after reading the posts here. Thank you all for that.

I am 2013 winner and I currently live in USA. I already sent out the DS122, DS230 part I&II with 2 pictures, and DV fee ($330). I received my receipt for the DV fee in a week or two. I believe my number will be current on December so I am organizing all my docs to be sent out on November 30th.

Here is the list that I believe I need to include in the AOS package (please correct me if I am wrong):

1. Completed I-485
2. Completed I-693
3. Completed I-765 if needed
4. Evidence forms (i.e. criminal record, birth certificate, and any other applicable ones)
5. The $1070 check for the I-485

Here is my first question: Do we need to submit anything else? such as school diplomas, copies of passport pages, tax returns, or any other thing that you know? or do we have to bring those to the interview?

My second question: I need to file a I-693 form bc I am graduating on december and my visa number becomes current on the same month. I don't want to be out of status because I don't think I need to apply for an OPT at the same time I filling I-693! they are basically same thing (employee authorization application).. Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks bunch for in advance for your time.

Hi eveybody,

Now i have a bit more clear picture after reading the posts here. Thank you all for that.

I am 2013 winner and I currently live in USA. I already sent out the DS122, DS230 part I&II with 2 pictures, and DV fee ($330). I received my receipt for the DV fee in a week or two. I believe my number will be current on December so I am organizing all my docs to be sent out on November 30th.

Here is the list that I believe I need to include in the AOS package (please correct me if I am wrong):

1. Completed I-485
2. Completed I-693
3. Completed I-765 if needed
4. Evidence forms (i.e. criminal record, birth certificate, and any other applicable ones)
5. The $1070 check for the I-485

Here is my first question: Do we need to submit anything else? such as school diplomas, copies of passport pages, tax returns, or any other thing that you know? or do we have to bring those to the interview?
I'm not quite at this stage, so I can't answer you yet. Off the top of my head you also need the biographic information form, I think it's called G-325. The USCIS page for the i-485 form has downloadable instructions on how to fill the form out.

My second question: I need to file a I-693 form bc I am graduating on december and my visa number becomes current on the same month. I don't want to be out of status because I don't think I need to apply for an OPT at the same time I filling I-693! they are basically same thing (employee authorization application).. Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks bunch for in advance for your time.
I have just been looking for this info, and the good news is that F-1 holders have 60 days grace period from the date the school ends.
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/Print_Prev.aspx?SubIdx=935

Please disregard the 180 days grace period, currently it applies only to employment-based visas, not to DV.

Last edited by a moderator:
dv 2013

hey , how are you ?
can i ask please
im f1 visa and i won lottery 2013 so my case number is AF34000 , i just wanna ask what document did you file in i 485
thank you very i appreciate any help

Hey everyone. My number is going to be current in December. I Have done my medicals, (got the envelope) and I have my birth certificate. Now I am going to fill i-485. I have couple of questions. I have read topics but every one of us has different situations and I am not sure which one applies to me. Now:
1. Since I have been living in the USA for more than a year, I did not get any police record. Do I need one? I have read that if you are living in the USA and have no record on the police, you dont need police report,they said that FBI is going to check you. Is this correct or not? Should I get a police report from police station in here?

2. What other forms do I have to fill in except i-485? Do I need to fill any of these: i-131, g-325A, i-130, g-639, i-765, i-864? I am currently F-1 student so I am not sure which other forms should I fill in?

I would appreciate any help... I can not afford going to a lawyer, and I couldnt find any answer to my questions. Thanks

1. No, you don't need a PCC. The Biometrics you will be doing will be used to conduct an FBI background check.

2. I-131: Optional form. You only need to fill this if you think you're likely to travel after submitting your I-485 package and before your GC approval.
G-325: Required form.
I-130: Not applicable
G-639: Not applicable
I-765: Optional Form. You may fill this if you do not already have a work authorization with your F1 status. (This comes in useful for those whose I-485 applications may be placed under administrative processing).

Hey everyone. My number is going to be current in December. I Have done my medicals, (got the envelope) and I have my birth certificate. Now I am going to fill i-485. I have couple of questions. I have read topics but every one of us has different situations and I am not sure which one applies to me. Now:
1. Since I have been living in the USA for more than a year, I did not get any police record. Do I need one? I have read that if you are living in the USA and have no record on the police, you dont need police report,they said that FBI is going to check you. Is this correct or not? Should I get a police report from police station in here?

2. What other forms do I have to fill in except i-485? Do I need to fill any of these: i-131, g-325A, i-130, g-639, i-765, i-864? I am currently F-1 student so I am not sure which other forms should I fill in?

I would appreciate any help... I can not afford going to a lawyer, and I couldnt find any answer to my questions. Thanks

Hey guys, i tried to find answers to these questions but search gave me tons of result( which i couldnt find exact answers) Last three silly questions:
1.we are adding the medical(sealed envelope) to the package that we are sending?
2.there are several addresses but i dont know which one i am supposed to send my package?
3.What do we have to put in the package besides the forms (medical, photos,a letter etc)?

ps: in the i-485 form, what to write in the "current uscis" and "expires on" sections?
- what is c/o means? what to write in here?
-which application type apply to f-1 student?
-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mgcelik,

1. You must add the sealed envelop to your I-485 package
2. The address depends on the kind of service to deliver your package you use (USPS or Express)
3. DV confirmation letter with bar code, if you are a F-1 then add all your I-20s, copy of your visa, you can add enrollement verification letter from your University, copy of your student ID, a copy of your on-campus employment verification letter if you are a GA. Also bank statements showing funds if you have, copy of your school diploma, University diplomas, marriage certificate if you are married).

You can ask your questions in the DV 2013 AOS forum and a lot more people will help you. Also you can fins posted information from other persons.

Pryanik :)

Help with I-485, EAD and I-134

Hello Current and Future GC holders,
I really need some help here.
I am on my F1 status now. Will graduate this June. Filed for OPT.
My GC Number will be available from MAY. So I gotta send my I-485 Package this MAY 1st.
1) The problem I have is that I dont have a job, but I yet gotta show AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134. HOW much money is enough to show from my US bank A/C because I wanna show that I am gonna self-support myself financially?
2) If I wanna show assets (Fixed Deposits) from a bank in my home country, how do I get those documents notarised? From a notary public there? or have someone to mail me those documents and then notarise them here in USA?
3) I have some money in US bank and some fixed deposit assets in home country. What docs like bank manager letter, fixed deposit copies, etc... Will I require to show as supporting docs with I-134?
4) Since OPT is valid for a year from the date approved, I decided NOT to go for EAD (With GC application), IS that OK?
Awaiting your Help,
Regards.

1- I think the amount is around $18000. I have the same problem. I don't have any sponsor here. My sponsor is back home. I think it's possible to notarize the documents here if they are official (you can do it at a bank branch). However I don't know if such documents will be sufficient.

1- I think the amount is around $18000. I have the same problem. I don't have any sponsor here. My sponsor is back home. I think it's possible to notarize the documents here if they are official (you can do it at a bank branch). However I don't know if such documents will be sufficient.

Hello Current and Future GC holders,
I really need some help here.
I am on my F1 status now. Will graduate this June. Filed for OPT.
My GC Number will be available from MAY. So I gotta send my I-485 Package this MAY 1st.
1) The problem I have is that I dont have a job, but I yet gotta show AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134. HOW much money is enough to show from my US bank A/C because I wanna show that I am gonna self-support myself financially?
2) If I wanna show assets (Fixed Deposits) from a bank in my home country, how do I get those documents notarised? From a notary public there? or have someone to mail me those documents and then notarise them here in USA?
3) I have some money in US bank and some fixed deposit assets in home country. What docs like bank manager letter, fixed deposit copies, etc... Will I require to show as supporting docs with I-134?
4) Since OPT is valid for a year from the date approved, I decided NOT to go for EAD (With GC application), IS that OK?
Awaiting your Help,
Regards.

Graduating in December

so..reading all these threads..i learnt that..
first send DSP-122 AND 2 pics at begining...then after u get 2 NL.send $330 for DV fee..and then rest...if there is smthng missing plz let me kno...

also I will be graduating in December..so does it affect my aplication..??

Hi guys,

My husband won the lottery this year. We are both on F1 visa now. Can anyone help us which files should we mail? and what are the steps?

Hey everyone,
I have a crazy and worrying problem. Though I have infinite copies of my High school certificate, I may have lost the original. I sent the copy in the i-485 package. In the interview, will I be denied if I dont show the original? I dont think I can go back to my home country and reapply for it! I have originals and copies of my Undergrad, MBA and my current Master's! Will this original high school matter???