• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 AOS for F-1 Visa student

It mainly depends on the IO and the importance he/she gives to that document. Hopefully this document will not get misplaced, they always want to see originals and the person to be interviewed also needs to take copies in case they request them for their records. Personally, and I highlight "personally", I would get a new one just in case and avoid any risks.

Pryanik :)

Wat would u suggest now? Do u think I might get a reject just for this?

Hey everyone,
I have a crazy and worrying problem. Though I have infinite copies of my High school certificate, I may have lost the original. I sent the copy in the i-485 package. In the interview, will I be denied if I dont show the original? I dont think I can go back to my home country and reapply for it! I have originals and copies of my Undergrad, MBA and my current Master's! Will this original high school matter???

I had the same issue. Ive just applied for a replacement with the Dept of Education in my country. Maybe you could do the same?

AOS interview experience

Hello all,

I have been following this and few other AOS threads recently. These threads are very informational and helpful. I started out being confused and ignorant about step by step procedures for DV selectees doing AOS, and now I have found tons of information. Thanks to all those people who have invested so much time and effort to share their experience and knowledge. I am also on F1 and thinking of doing AOS. After going through several other threads, I can hardly find AOS interview experience for DV winners who are F1 students (all I can find is AOS interview experience based on marriage, etc.)I would greatly appreciate if people can share their experiences. It would be a great help for the F1 students who will be facing AOS interview is near future. Thanks a ton! :eek:

Read the DV 2013 AOS thread, there are interview experiences from DV based F1 AOS applicants.

Hello all,

I have been following this and few other AOS threads recently. These threads are very informational and helpful. I started out being confused and ignorant about step by step procedures for DV selectees doing AOS, and now I have found tons of information. Thanks to all those people who have invested so much time and effort to share their experience and knowledge. I am also on F1 and thinking of doing AOS. After going through several other threads, I can hardly find AOS interview experience for DV winners who are F1 students (all I can find is AOS interview experience based on marriage, etc.)I would greatly appreciate if people can share their experiences. It would be a great help for the F1 students who will be facing AOS interview is near future. Thanks a ton! :eek:

Read the DV 2013 AOS thread, there are interview experiences from DV based F1 AOS applicants.

Sm1smom,

Thank you for your response. I have been following that thread for a while now..I realized that I had missed few posts that had information on AOS interview experiences for F1...the DV 2013 AOS timeline you posted on the thread also had tons of information I was looking for. Thank you Sm1smom. It seems that you have been showering the forums with your helpful information and experiences. Thank you. :eek: I have learned so much just from going through these forums.

Even after reviewing different threads, I am still not 100% sure about few things. I would greatly appreciate if if you or anyone can help me clear my doubts on presenting a birth certificate and affidavit of support in I-485 package. after going through different posts and forums, I am under the impression that we still have to submit copy of our original untranslated birth certificate with the translated ones in the I 485 package. Is this correct? and also, we don't need to submit affidavit of support form in the I485 package unless it is mentioned later when we get our dates for interview, right?

Your help is greatly appreciated :) thank you again.

Pk3210,

If your b/c is in any other language than English, you need to include a copy of the original one and and a translated copy with your I-485 package. You may include the affidavit of support in the package too if you have one, or you may just take it to the interview with you and even if you take it to the interview, the IO may not even ask to see it. But it's good to have it handy.

I'm happy to be of service here and equally glad to know you've found the threads/forum useful.

Good luck!