• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Do you have any more information on what they are making a decision on? It is very strange for it tobe down for so long.

Not sure, I guess no one in DOS knows is at the moment. I am guessing they have BIG issues or need to recall results and re do the drawing using the same applications they received during the submission period

As I said in another discussion on the forum it is Not the first time the Dv website is down, in 2009 it went down for almost 2 weeks and everything was fine after (there was no redraw or cancellation) so just be patient.

As I said in another discussion on the forum it is Not the first time the Dv website is down, in 2009 it went down for almost 2 weeks and everything was fine after (there was no redraw or cancellation) so just be patient.

What you didn't mention was,

1. 2009 DV website didn't have ESC facility - in 2011 website is the only place for to
check your status
2. There were no issues with process in 2009, so no need to redraw or cancellation

1. I'm just saying that their system had failed before so why can't it fail now too

2. There is no OFFICIAL proof that there is a problem with the first draw so for me it is the same situation

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

pls house, my spouse won the diversity lottery, she has ordinary national diploma, kindly advise what her highest level of education is in US curriculum

your responses will be greatly appreciated

the dv lottery requires at least a highschool diploma, which is in the us 12 yr of school (5 elementary + 3 middle +4 highschool).
If this "diploma" is the corresponding highschool she is fine. otherwise not.

wow, the ESC link is still down...this needs to be sorted out quickly so everyone can calm down and stop going crazy.

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

I think you should enter the country of which you are a citizen and that you entered in your lottery application. Obviously, it can't be India, your birthplace, since India was excluded from DV2012.

Hi to everybody,

I was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV lottery with CN:2012AF00003XXX. I submitted the forms and photographs to KCC as required to do so. I commenced earlier on in the year to enroll onto a graduate program in the UK this September. I indicated on the form that I want my interview to be held at the US Embassy in my native country because yet to get entry clearance to the UK. From the look of things, I will be applying for my Tier 4 General Student Visa early July(the school sent me a visa letter), meaning that I might be moving to the UK this September for a year long graduate studies program. My fear is that, the issuance of DV Visa starts October 1, 2011, at which time I might be in the UK. In this case, will KCC transfer my case to US Embassy in the UK upon my request from?

Can anyone please help me with some explanation because I want to know what my odds are so that I may or may not continue the processing of my case.

Thank you in advance for your response

Hi to everybody,

I was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV lottery with CN:2012AF00003XXX. I submitted the forms and photographs to KCC as required to do so. I commenced earlier on in the year to enroll onto a graduate program in the UK this September. I indicated on the form that I want my interview to be held at the US Embassy in my native country because yet to get entry clearance to the UK. From the look of things, I will be applying for my Tier 4 General Student Visa early July(the school sent me a visa letter), meaning that I might be moving to the UK this September for a year long graduate studies program. My fear is that, the issuance of DV Visa starts October 1, 2011, at which time I might be in the UK. In this case, will KCC transfer my case to US Embassy in the UK upon my request from?

Can anyone please help me with some explanation because I want to know what my odds are so that I may or may not continue the processing of my case.

Thank you in advance for your response

Have you tried calling KCC and explaining your situation to them?

@ Ololo12:

Like you my parents are Nigerian and I was born in England - you need to put Nigeria as answer to question 5.

@King David:

If I were you I will send the forms indicating Nigeria as the place where you want the processing to take place. If you happen to obtain the visa then you can make a quick dash to Nigeria for the 'interview'. Whilst resources may be an issue, that will be a better option, or alternatively you can come to the UK after you have done your interview.

Hello,

I have completed A Levels and O-LEvels .. So do i have to write them in the certificates received section in DSP 122 6b. Or should i just go with a Yes or no ?

No, I'm yet to call them. Do you think they may request documentary evidence

Hello king

I am in the same sutuation as you
as I also have a year post graduate study in uk for the year 2011/2012
and I still did not send my forms, and I am wondaring which country shall I write where I want my interview.
because if I write I want the interview in UK and for some reason I cannot entry uk or I decide not to study, is it possible to write to the KCC to change the place for the interview
plz if u called KCC and clarified this point pla share it

@ esmeron

I sent an e-mail inquiry to KCC asking if it's possible to transfer one case to a third country(US Embassy in another country) upon the person's request for some reasons. I'm still awaiting their reply. I promise to share any respond from them. All the very best my Dear friend......