• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Hey,
No worries, I do not know who said 'keep on with the process'
This is a forum to share what we know. Its up to you to believe it or not or give your input.
I feel like you are acting mad and trying to terrorize the discussion. I hate to say this..
Anyways, Wish you all the best.

Guys,
if any of you have ever worked in a IT field, specially in US, and if your production system is down or having a technical difficulties for more than than 30 minutes, that means its a total failure and there are consequences. So if you think about this case, this is a US governments one of the top website, DOS will have many backups and resources to bring it up in seconds. So this "Technical difficulty" isn't about servers or software - This is about the DV 2012 selection process, I have reasons believe or at least to listen to a guy who has bit more info than I have.
Peace

Guys,
if any of you have ever worked in a IT field, specially in US, and if your production system is down or having a technical difficulties for more than than 30 minutes, that means its a total failure and there are consequences. So if you think about this case, this is a US governments one of the top website, DOS will have many backups and resources to bring it up in seconds. So this "Technical difficulty" isn't about servers or software - This is about the DV 2012 selection process, I have reasons believe or at least to listen to a guy who has bit more info than I have.
Peace

Well, you have a point here. When we have computer problems in the bank, they would have someone from IT check it out immediately even on the weekend if they have to. Yes, the backup system usually kicks in only if it isn't a major problem. We don't ever turn clients away under such circumstances. Let's hope that they get it sorted out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, what else could they post over there until they come to a decision. If they post some thing like "Had a issue with the algorithm' DOS will end up with millions of unnecessary law suits. Also there are multiple parties involved in this. The vendor who provided the software, USCIS who already accepted money and forms from some winners, then KCC & DOS. So my guess is it could go all the way at least up to Assistant Sectary level in DOS. So it could take time see whats is their next step. As I said, DOS has all rights to cancel, recall or accept the results. Lets wait and see.

Wouldn't they have done a test run after selections?

I do not know. I wish they did that.
I know they use a software developed by a company in VA.
It is typical to find bugs/issues with these type of software. Because they are sold only to one client/customer and may have run fewer times. People still find issues with Excel and Word even though they are being used by millions of people over a decade, so Microsoft fix those bugs in each release/new version.. anyways that's bit off the topic. Hope we'll know more news soon

True, what else could they post over there until they come to a decision. If they post some thing like "Had a issue with the algorithm' DOS will end up with millions of unnecessary law suits. Also there are multiple parties involved in this. The vendor who provided the software, USCIS who already accepted money and forms from some winners, then KCC & DOS. So my guess is it could go all the way at least up to Assistant Sectary level in DOS. So it could take time see whats is their next step. As I said, DOS has all rights to cancel, recall or accept the results. Lets wait and see.

Nope, they cannot post such a thing. They have to remain professional. DOS maybe have received many complaints concerning the results and may have prompted them to check into it. Thus the unavailability of the ESC. Hope it's not a major problem, if it is a "technical problem".

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about this, there were some rumors that all winners have a submitted their entry on Oct 5th and 6th.
Any one has more info on this?

I do not know. I wish they did that.
I know they use a software developed by a company in VA.
It is typical to find bugs/issues with these type of software. Because they are sold only to one client/customer and may have run fewer times. People still find issues with Excel and Word even though they are being used by millions of people over a decade, so Microsoft fix those bugs in each release/new version.. anyways that's bit off the topic. Hope we'll know more news soon

Logical reasoning. So their attempt to block fraud via the new sofware, may have possibly failed or back-fired on them...

The Oct 5/6 rumor is simply that... a rumor. For one, most people *will* be selected on those dates because that *is* the dates when most people apply. But we've got multiple people on this forum who have won from mid or late October entries.

I am sure the main people who are getting flustered are those that won.....Do relax!. I highly doubt KCC will reverse your winning entry...the problem might be anything, no need to start being hostile to DVStart, dont let your insecurities get the better of you. We all just have to wait and see , meanwhile keep going about your application:)

I am sure the main people who are getting flustered are those that won.....Do relax!. I highly doubt KCC will reverse your winning entry...the problem might be anything, no need to start being hostile to DVStart, dont let your insecurities get the better of you. We all just have to wait and see , meanwhile keep going about your application:)

Those who want to say that its is logical to have most winners from Oct 5th and 6th because most applications were submitted on that day -
Here's news for you...It is not true. They received most of the applications on the last day. There is WSJ new article about this. Just google it and you will find it.
Also people can say I called KCC and they asked me to send documents and operator told that there is no issue with DV2012. Those operators have no clue, decisions are made by top level folks in DOS and it will take time for that and it will take more additional time for the phone operators to receive that memo with all instructions

Hello Forumites,

Can someone help me out with this?
In the DV lottery application i choose India as my place of birth. Since i was born there.
Question No 5 DSP-122

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents, If neither of your parent lived in, or was born, in the country where you were born.

I'm confused here. I want to claim the country of my parents which is Nigeria. I can't choose India since India is ineligible for DV lottery. Can anybody help me out or advise me on what to do ?? I really appreciate

Hello DVstart

I have a problem with No 5 in the DSP-122 Form( Supplemental Registration for the Diveristy Immigration Visa Program)

The question is as follows

The country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application. In most cases, this will be the country where you were born. You may also claim the country of birth of your husband or wife. In addition, you may claim the country of birth of your parents, If neither of your parents lived in, or was born in, the country where you were born.

In the DV Lottery Application. I filled India as my birth place. But choose to be eligible as Nigeria. Since India is ineligible for DV Lottery. Please can you help out?? What country do i choose?? Should i claim the country of birth of my parents?? or use India??

Please Advise

Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases, this means the country in which you were
born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify. First, if you were born in a country
whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can
claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are on the selected entry,
are issued visas, and enter the United States simultaneously. Second, if you were born in a country
whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of
your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents’ countries of birth if it is a country whose natives
qualify for the DV-2012 program

Hey

Few questions about filling the forms
A) have you filled ongoing studies and employment to list also with not "ending date" ?
B) where I can see the fees which need to be payed at embassy? and do I have to pay even IF I fail in then interview?
C) in the section 29. do I list step children also?
D) what about the interview, do I need to have job at US already at that point or proof of the money 125% over poverty limits?
Thanks!