• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

You can, I entered the lottery with my canadian adress but will pass the interview in paris.
When you fill the form you can choose wich city to pase the interview
@ esmeron

I sent an e-mail inquiry to KCC asking if it's possible to transfer one case to a third country(US Embassy in another country) upon the person's request for some reasons. I'm still awaiting their reply. I promise to share any respond from them. All the very best my Dear friend......

Dv-2012 website status check
**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q: Do I have to submit a new application?

No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q: Will you open a new entry period?

New entries will not be accepted.

Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?

Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?

The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?

We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.

This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.

So DvStart was right all along....;) . I feel bad for those that were selected.... Everyone go back to your prayer rooms , anything is possible to him that believes. All i can say is THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!! It is well. See you all july 15th

The anxiety resumes. On one hand I really feel bad for those whose hopes were raised but on the other hand my hopes have been rejuvenated! I pray for all on this forum to be selected and those who had their hopes raised also to be reselected!

not citizen but the country where you were born
I think you should enter the country of which you are a citizen and that you entered in your lottery application. Obviously, it can't be India, your birthplace, since India was excluded from DV2012.

@ esmeron

I sent an e-mail inquiry to KCC asking if it's possible to transfer one case to a third country(US Embassy in another country) upon the person's request for some reasons. I'm still awaiting their reply. I promise to share any respond from them. All the very best my Dear friend......

thanx
all the best

Very sorry to hear the news today for all those that previously won. If you haven't already read all results are void and will be drawn again. It's good news for me but I do feel sorry for everyone who was excited about winning.

I threw out my confirmation number when i found out I did not win on May 1st, how will I be able to check on July 15?

Sorry, but if you lost it.. you wont. My only guess is if your browser saves 'entered in form data' etc. you may be able to recover it..

sorry is this fair. people who dont have their number anymore because of the mistake of the us government????? how is this fair now? sorry i just dont understand this.

Not sure, I guess no one in DOS knows is at the moment. I am guessing they have BIG issues or need to recall results and re do the drawing using the same applications they received during the submission period

Mr. DVstart how do you know they will redraw dv2012 applications
before they release their notice of redrawing????:rolleyes:

very sorry for those selected
Congratulations! for those who didn't selected including me
DV 2000 -2011 (12 times noting)
DV 2012 GOD will knows!
i will prayer
eager to see July 15, 2011

sorry is this fair. people who dont have their number anymore because of the mistake of the us government????? how is this fair now? sorry i just dont understand this.

It's fair because the original draw WAS NOT fair. There was a mistake that meant 90% of winners were chosen from the first 2 days of entry. So the draw was not random and not fair to everyone that entered. That also makes it illegal under US law so they have to re-draw.

Quote: "Most of what you fear does not even exist. Much of what you love is closer than you realize". The chances of winning still exists.

It's completely understandable for those who 'initially won' and was revoked their result. Frankly, people, imagine you yourself won but 2 weeks later you are told it was a mistake, it can be devastating. I am standing in a neutral position and wondered how can this be done better to be FAIR to everyone, it's very difficult. Try and put yourself in the opposite position and THINK for a moment before you react and treat others with your respond.

What comes down to this, I feel, is that it's a difficult situation to begin with. Someone has to be disappointed at the end of the day.. In some way or another, if the US government can make it a happy ending for everyone, that'd be cool. Though pretty unlikely..

And it worries me that people are trying to file lawsuit and all that, than to play to their rules. That can upset them to cancel the lottery altogether because of how people behaved so negatively towards it. Is that what everyone wants?. This is THEIR game to begin with, you are a player. You play by their rules and regulation.

If say, I was the loser, the initial 22k people won and they proceed with the others being drawn, I would assume this is how they wanted to run things and I can't do much. Just have to accept it and try my luck next year again and again.

I know so many others coming from countries that are not even eligible to take part, and have invested a lot to get to USA, they have worked so hard and have a hard time trying. They are bitter at this lottery's existence because they aren't given the fair chance to try out too, and have to work extra harder and have no 'luck' to depend on. Consider all of you very lucky already that you are even given the chance to take part in this, don't take this opportunity for granted by lashing out none stop.

We all could be losers at the end of the day if people keep making this difficult to them...

It's completely understandable for those who 'initially won' and was revoked their result. Frankly, people, imagine you yourself won but 2 weeks later you are told it was a mistake, it can be devastating. I am standing in a neutral position and wondered how can this be done better to be FAIR to everyone, it's very difficult. Try and put yourself in the opposite position and THINK for a moment before you react and treat others with your respond.

What comes down to this, I feel, is that it's a difficult situation to begin with. Someone has to be disappointed at the end of the day.. In some way or another, if the US government can make it a happy ending for everyone, that'd be cool. Though pretty unlikely..

And it worries me that people are trying to file lawsuit and all that, than to play to their rules. That can upset them to cancel the lottery altogether because of how people behaved so negatively towards it. Is that what everyone wants?. This is THEIR game to begin with, you are a player. You play by their rules and regulation.

If say, I was the loser, the initial 22k people won and they proceed with the others being drawn, I would assume this is how they wanted to run things and I can't do much. Just have to accept it and try my luck next year again and again.

I know so many others coming from countries that are not even eligible to take part, and have invested a lot to get to USA, they have worked so hard and have a hard time trying. They are bitter at this lottery's existence because they aren't given the fair chance to try out too, and have to work extra harder and have no 'luck' to depend on. Consider all of you very lucky already that you are even given the chance to take part in this, don't take this opportunity for granted by lashing out none stop.

We all could be losers at the end of the day if people keep making this difficult to them...
Well said!. If only persons would bite a piece of humble pie and let it be! Yes, I do feel for the 'initial winners' because we would have felt the same way if we had won. Moreover, this is the time for everyone to be thankful for a 2nd chance and do constructive things while we await the new results. However, I urge everyone to brace themselves come July 15th as there will be a millions of losers and still only 100,000 winners!!! It's inevitable. Hope to win but do not expect to win. In doing so, it will lessen the stinging and devasting effect of losing.

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”

"Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals."

Bright side: DV-2013 will only be less than 3 months from July 15th....

Last edited by a moderator: