• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

...............................................................................................................
yea Lola2050,
well we did a traditional wedding 6 years ago and we have a 4 years old daughter though we dont have a marriage certificates yet though we are planning that after may 1 , we will try to have a marriage weddings at local government registry,caan you update me what else to do .

I am sure you will be fine. You just need to prove at the day of the interview that you didn't get married cause of the green card lottery, and your case sounds legit.

I am sure you will be fine. You just need to prove at the day of the interview that you didn't get married cause of the green card lottery, and your case sounds legit.

Boer,
Thanks so much for your great contributions everyone ,though i am a celestial and i have a picture of the baby and also her mother and myself so i will try to have the marriage done maybe june by God grace

i also have my wife internationl passport bearing my own name and also my baby travelling passport has been issue since lasy year march 2010

The good thng is that dv 2013 is there if i dont win its not the end of the world!!! Countdown its now friday one more day 2 go.0.01% chance av lost hope

Boer,
Thanks so much for your great contributions everyone ,though i am a celestial and i have a picture of the baby and also her mother and myself so i will try to have the marriage done maybe june by God grace

We are in this together and will continue to support one another especially if we are selected.

..........................................................................................................

nope ,we are planning to wait and see the result of may 1st then we can quickly rush to local governmeny at Ikorodu to have a registry weddings so that we can have a marriage certficates i hope no question from the consular since we have a baby girl 4 years old

@royaltunde, All u need do is very simple. Go to Ikoyi Registry and get a proper Marriage Certificate. They dont accept any Local Govt Registry. While u are filling ur DS-230 FORM, fill in the exact date u guys were married at Ikoyi Registry and not ur Traditional Wedding date. If the Consular asked u why did u fill married wereas u guyz are just doing ur wedding, tell him u av been living together as man and wife cos u av paid her diary traditionally, and that u hurriedly did ur Court wedding cos u want to make it formal.
The Consular and the US Embassy only recognises Court weddings, Ur church and ur traditional weddings is not neccessary to them. Mind u, u are going to a western country, where all they know is DIVOURCE and the proceedings for divourcing is only done in court.
Ur traditional and church wedding if u so wishes is just an added advantage that ur marriage is not fraud, but they wont deny u if u dont do them. I hope this helps. Let me know if u av anymore issues. One love bro and i wish everyone all the best come MAY 1st.

I guess most of us already did a comparison and concluded that the USA is where we want to go. While I agree that the USA along with other countries are feeling the pinch of the bad economy. On the other hand, i truly believe that life is what you make it. You either sink or swim wherever you go. Personally speaking, I believe that if I can live where I am now, I definitely can live in the U.S. The prices are soooo high on everything so it's just like were paying 'taxes' even though we don't literally pay taxes, crime rate is so high notwithstanding how small this country is, customs duty rates are high (e.g. 60% on the purchase price and shipping for vehicles-RIDICULOUS!!!!) So for these reasons, the opportunities for starting a business is futile and we have friends over there who are just like 'blood' famliy (more so than my actual blood relatives over here).

Right, you know there are plenty of people who couldn't even afford studying in the states ( like me for instance)and the lottery is their only chance. It's a bit selfish of you saying they should give priority to guys like you. That wouldn't be a lottery then..And I think, having studied there for 4 years, you've got plenty of ways to stay..at least more than I do that's for sure. I'm not saying it's easy, but the fact that you've been there for so long and graduate with american diploma, is already a huge plus..

That essay idea made me laugh, you know others would've done that too lol) And if they decided yours wasn't good enough, what would you do then.. Beg Obama to let you stay ? lol don't be silly man.

yeah, only problem is my country of origin doesn't even recognize a US diploma, so 4 years of studying and paying money will be for nothing.

I guess most of us already did a comparison and concluded that the USA is where we want to go. While I agree that the USA along with other countries are feeling the pinch of the bad economy. On the other hand, i truly believe that life is what you make it. You either sink or swim wherever you go. Personally speaking, I believe that if I can live where I am now, I definitely can live in the U.S. The prices are soooo high on everything so it's just like were paying 'taxes' even though we don't literally pay taxes, crime rate is so high notwithstanding how small this country is, customs duty rates are high (e.g. 60% on the purchase price and shipping for vehicles-RIDICULOUS!!!!) So for these reasons, the opportunities for starting a business is futile and we have friends over there who are just like 'blood' famliy (more so than my actual blood relatives over here).

Where do you live?

Most will be disappointed this coming Sunday, most likely me too. I bet once most find out they have not been selected on here they will stop going on these forums. Not me though, il still stick around and try and give my help.

If you don't get selected guys don't worry, it wasn't your fault since millions of other people have not been selected also. There is always another time to do it.

Looking forward to seeing who will get selected this coming Sunday on the forums anyway. :)

yeah, only problem is my country of origin doesn't even recognize a US diploma, so 4 years of studying and paying money will be for nothing.

You must mean a US degree right? Most people go over to the US for college education to earn a degree of some sort. A US degree is recognized worldwide and considered quite an accomplishment. I think you're being a bit too modest with you're education, maybe it really is something so research it some more.

Countdown

1 day and a couple of hours remaining guyz 0.01% chance i have lost hope Goodluck fellow applicants

1 day and a couple of hours remaining guyz 0.01% chance i have lost hope Goodluck fellow applicants

don't lose hope before you get the results. if you don't win, try for 2013. It's not over till the fat lady sings!!

@yaser i think this is your year i have a good feeling about it as for me come what may life must go on...its now Saturday according to Gods timetable so Tommorow we will know our fate!!

DV 2001 - DV 2011 no luck
DV 2012???
but i have hope
i wil see after 1 day!
Or maybe you are just baned from participating.... Keep in mind that 1 illegitimate entry disqualify you for the lottery & also get you ban for life from participying the lottery (double entry, can happen, sometimes you forget that you allready applied or you think your aplication wans't submited so you repost it) ...

& to thoses who bring the 0.1% chance.. May i know from where do you get thoses?
First, we do not all have the same chance at all, African born have the "best chances" of winning followed by the europeans (80% of all the visas go to europe & Africa), & even if we had all the same chance wich is wrong, doing simple math will show that we have not 0.1 but 0.52% of winning...
If that could cheer you up here some facts : among the 19 millions entries, a lot of them were disqualified for illegitimate entries so in reality, you don't compete against all the entry but only against all the "valid ones"... Many peoples are baned but don't even know it... For instance, for the 2011 edition, 86.83% Nigerian entrants and 86.45% Bangladeshi entrants were disqualified during selection process because of illegitimate entries (but thoses numbers are not show in the statistics, they just show the aplication submited), thoses ones are banned for life but don't necessarely know it.
One last thing, for thoses who aplied from a third party, you never know what thoses third parties (mostly website telling you it will increase your chance of winning), they can just got you banned, like placing duplicate entry thus disqualifying you for life & you just don't know it & keep applying... There is a reason while (if it's true) that many many first timer get the visa... Because they haven't be banned like many other who just don't know it