• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Taking in to account that the Republicans are the majority in congress.Im afraid they may end the lottery...

Taking in to account that the Republicans are the majority in congress.Im afraid they may end the lottery...

Maybe... it's funny though how many Americans are brainwashed to vote for these pieces of trash... oh noes lets cancel the dv lottery so we won't get another 9/11...

Republicans, hate gay marriages and love their guns. Their too cool...

Maybe... it's funny though how many Americans are brainwashed to vote for these pieces of trash... oh noes lets cancel the dv lottery so we won't get another 9/11...

Republicans, hate gay marriages and love their guns. Their too cool...

They pretend to hate gays, but yet they get caught having gay sex in the airport bathroom. I am referring to the senator of NYC, and there were a few more.

I checked the www.state.travel.gov website and found that they have given the total number of applicants for the DV lottery. In the visa statistics section – immigrant visas visa statistics they have a table of total visa applications for 2007-2012 and total entries for each country. The total Number of Diversity Visa Applicants for year 2012 is as follows:

Entrants =14,768,659
Derivatives (wife and child (ren) =4,903,609
Total =19,672,268
Check out the website for information on how many people applied in your country.

Conserning case numbers, there are some who have more numbers than alphabets and others vise versa. I saw a confirmation number of one of the individuals in either the nigeria or ghana forum having stated his confirmation number with a mixture of a lot of numeric digits and few numbers. Actually it was only 3 alphabets and 13 numberic digits; 2012 3 numeric digits 13 alphabets = 16. Others i know have a mixture of 13 alphabets and 3 numeric digits; 2012 3 alphabets 13 numeric digits = 16

In the form section of the www.state.travel.gov website, they have made an announcement that they are going to gradually replace form DS 230 with online registration form DS 260. They have further stated countries that they are going to begin with and will gradually add others. Check out the section for more information.

We should thoroughly prepare for anything concerning the DV lottery process.

Cheers

Correction on confirmation numbers; the confirmation numbers total to 16. Examples 1; 20121ST17PNZSMOU. Example 2. 2012104195M3S2Z4.

Apologies!

reality33, why do you think the confirmation numbers differs as stated?

Win Dv,

I have no clue as to why the confirmation numbers are different. All I know is that my confirmation number is similar to the 1st example that I gave. I have seen a confirmation number like my second example in "DV 2011 winners forum Nigeria report here - pg 30" written by ferdiii. His confirmation number is 2012104109R8P8F3.

It has been several years since I reapplied for the DV lottery. Maybe those who have consistently been applying could shed some light on this issue!!!

Win Dv,

I have no clue as to why the confirmation numbers are different. All I know is that my confirmation number is similar to the 1st example that I gave. I have seen a confirmation number like my second example in "DV 2011 winners forum Nigeria report here - pg 30" written by ferdiii. His confirmation number is 2012104109R8P8F3.

It has been several years since I reapplied for the DV lottery. Maybe those who have consistently been applying could shed some light on this issue!!!

@WIN DV, I very much agree with u. I wish i know the significance of the confirmation number giving to us after u submit ur entry. The cinfrimation number giving to me has 8 digits and 8 letters, summing up to 16 alphanumericals. My fiancee has more letters than digits giving to her. I want to bliv ur case wuld av been decided and concluded as soon as u submit ur EDV entry, cos i want to wonder the volume of jobs KCC would av to do as soon as the lottery is over. Everything must av been computerised to make the job more easy for them.

They pretend to hate gays, but yet they get caught having gay sex in the airport bathroom. I am referring to the senator of NYC, and there were a few more.

Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites,and I hope Sarah Palin doesn't run as a candidate in the 2012 election .

I was watching a parody song about republicans on TV the other night and this made me laugh. It's funny because most of the song was so true, making it look like a joke and the reason why I prefer democrats over republicans any day. USA is a great fun country but I must be honest and say it's not the most perfect country out there at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPPb1u0chWg

Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites,and I hope Sarah Palin doesn't run as a candidate in the 2012 election .

I adore Palin. She's one heck of a charming airhead and she better run for Office in o-twelve or I will be seriously disappointed. She doesn't stand a chance but boy, elections won't be nowhere near as fun without the Whore of Babble-on. If I could, I would vote for her just to help make sure she'd stay somewhat relevant. How she has never been awarded Entertainer of the Year is beyond me.

why do we have to wait so long for the results....i really dislike the wait :(

Look on the bright side, the information on the DV website says that online results will be available May 1st. That's two months earlier than in previous years. Letters are sometimes received more than six weeks before online results are posted, so let's all hope we start hearing about winners in March already. Just hang in there through winter ;-)

Look on the bright side, the information on the DV website says that online results will be available May 1st. That's two months earlier than in previous years. Letters are sometimes received more than six weeks before online results are posted, so let's all hope we start hearing about winners in March already. Just hang in there through winter ;-)

yeah i guess so...but they aren't sending letters out this time though

yeah i guess so...but they aren't sending letters out this time though
Correct.
why do we have to wait so long for the results....i really dislike the wait :(
Think of it, if you find out that you did not win, you would have to wait that much longer for the next year lottery entrance period. This way, entry period and result check are rather equally spaced out.

It was specifically stated that winners will no more receive notification letters from KCC. U av to check online around MAY 1st to see if u won. That is the more reason u were warned to keep ur CONFIRMATION NUMBERS. Pls take note.

It was specifically stated that winners will no more receive notification letters from KCC. U av to check online around MAY 1st to see if u won. That is the more reason u were warned to keep ur CONFIRMATION NUMBERS. Pls take note.

I've been playing this lottery for years. I would never be so stupid to throw out the number. I just didn't know they stopped with the paper letters. The more you play, the more the lottery is something that's going on in the background of your life.

Correct.

Think of it, if you find out that you did not win, you would have to wait that much longer for the next year lottery entrance period. This way, entry period and result check are rather equally spaced out.

wow, never thought of it that way, thanks a lot baobab:)

i adore palin. She's one heck of a charming airhead and she better run for office in o-twelve or i will be seriously disappointed. She doesn't stand a chance but boy, elections won't be nowhere near as fun without the whore of babble-on. If i could, i would vote for her just to help make sure she'd stay somewhat relevant. How she has never been awarded entertainer of the year is beyond me.

lol
And a happy new year to everyone!May all your wishes become true in 2011!

Last edited by a moderator: