• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

it is working here in Asia as it is May 1st, 10:26 am now. But the thing is it keeps saying wrong confirmation number.

Are you checking for DV-2012 and not DV-2011.?

yes, if you goto dvlottery.state.gov/ there are you two options- for 2011 and 2012

but when you click 2012 the page saying "this is for checking 2011 status" damn weird.

now I see. there are two link but going to same page- 2011.

But last year I could check it without any prob. strange. isn't it?

yes, if you goto dvlottery.state.gov/ there are you two options- for 2011 and 2012

but when you click 2012 the page saying "this is for checking 2011 status" damn weird.
It's not weird because it says to check on or after May 1st, 2011. It's only 9:50pm-Eastern Standard Time...It's not time to check yet.

My question is: what is the purpose of maintaining a permanent record of multiple entries? IMO, it's not fair if persons for e.g. submits 100 applications for his/her self and win. So that is why they have to be strict with this rule to keep it fair across the board. Therefore, these ones won't have a chance to explain because they would have already been disqualified. This explains why the waiting period to know the results takes 6 months (i.e they are checking everything). Well, we shall see if this rule proves true come May 1st.

I read somewhere they disqualify only for the current year if someone is caught with multiple entries. I believe they keep the record and it can work against the person if he/she 'legally' wins in a subsequent attempt by submitting only one entry. From the records they know that even though you won legally this year, you are a cheater and it will come up in your interview.

Mistakes can be made with submitting 2 entries (bad communication etc..) but 2-100+ entries, that's no mistake and no explanation can justify that.