• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Entrant Status Check Problems

What jay means is that even though the results have been invalidated, those 22,000 who were picked at least know that their entries were valid to get picked by KCC for further processing. Many entries get rejected because the photos were wrong, or they submitted duplicate entries, or for some other reason. That is always a worry for many applicants - that their application gets rejected for some reason, sometimes for a silly mistake, not always deliberate like people who submit fraudulent applications. I know in the past, I've wondered if we didn't get selected because our photos weren't right or for some other unknown reason. At least now I know that my husband's application was perfectly valid. Silver lining in a dark cloud.
If the photo validator checks the photo, it is OK, accepted by KCC, can it still be disqualified for other reasons? If yes, why was it accepted in the first?

guys what about this????

It means during the few days that the link was open to check results, 22000 people found out they "won".

On the photo validator point, that just checks your picture is in the right dimensions/size. It doesn't check whether someone is posing correctly or background colours for instance. Someone wore a Darth Vader mask once in his picture for a test and the validator still said it was ok.

It means during the few days that the link was open to check results, 22000 people found out they "won".

On the photo validator point, that just checks your picture is in the right dimensions/size. It doesn't check whether someone is posing correctly or background colours for instance. Someone wore a Darth Vader mask once in his picture for a test and the validator still said it was ok.
Thanks...so the validator isn't 100% reliable.

Someone wore a Darth Vader mask once in his picture for a test and the validator still said it was ok.

Who is going to be stupid enough to wear a mask for a passport photo? The only thing it validates is the correct width and size by pixel etc. If you got that correct then you're entry is validated and automatically put in for selection. If there is something wrong with you're photo and you get selected in the future say dark shadow in background then I'm sure they will ask you to change it come interview time. The only thing they want valid is the correct height and size of the photo.

Who is going to be stupid enough to wear a mask for a passport photo? The only thing it validates is the correct width and size by pixel etc. If you got that correct then you're entry is validated and automatically put in for selection. If there is something wrong with you're photo and you get selected in the future say dark shadow in background then I'm sure they will ask you to change it come interview time. The only thing they want valid is the correct height and size of the photo.

Not necessarily. If they screen the picture and see dark shadow in the background, they can disqualify you without ever telling you. It clearly states in the photo guidelines that dark shadows in the background could be grounds for rejection, and other things as well, like out of focus pictures, or even smiling in the picture.

Last year, I tried the photo validator with a picture of my dog. It passed. I remember a lot of questions at that time about the photo validator and many people seemed to worry about what it could do, or detect. Turns out, not much. Just size and pixels probably.

Fatal error

Click on this link to confirm www.dvlottery.state.gov wow it feels like i have been given a new life

Where r my comrade losers?

Where r u royal tunde, windv my naija brothers who have been given a second chance? I saw on the forum somebody trashed his confirmation paper after he lost! Please pray for him he is confused .,..lol

Hi Muraya, i am right here....I still have this feeling that I won't win come July 15th. But i appreciate a second chance, come what may...

Looking for my naija brothers

Where is win dv,royal tunde where r my naija brothers who dint win? Hola...i heard of a guy after checking his status he trashed the paper that had the confirmation number wah pray for him.....

Where is win dv,royal tunde where r my naija brothers who dint win? Hola...i heard of a guy after checking his status he trashed the paper that had the confirmation number wah pray for him.....

We are here bro and we are waiting for JULY 15TH again. We hope to win this time by God's grace and we are winning IJN AMEN.

Hi Muraya, i am right here....I still have this feeling that I won't win come July 15th. But i appreciate a second chance, come what may...

@WIN DIV, bros dont let me ever hear that from ur mouth again. We are winning this time and we must make it. U shuldn't say things like that. I trust God that the result was actually cancelled for a divine purpose and our God is not a man that HE shuld lie. Trust him and see the HIS miracles.

@WIN DIV, bros dont let me ever hear that from ur mouth again. We are winning this time and we must make it. U shuldn't say things like that. I trust God that the result was actually cancelled for a divine purpose and our God is not a man that HE shuld lie. Trust him and see the HIS miracles.
Thanks ovicity (smile)...I am sceptacle about the photo. The background is medium gray...Didn't get a second chance to make any necessary corrections.

Ovicity

Ovicity how u doin bro!!!!!! Missed u guyz u r right God did something and this time i have this funny feeling that it woz for a purpose!God is powerful my friend. I can't believe we are goin for a second draw! He is truly the author and finisher of our faith where r the other guyz?? We need to keep this forum upto date am goin to b here hopefully til July 15..... :)

@ Win Dv Bros, what do you mean by sceptacle about the photo?? The background is medium gray??

Hi ololo12, i said that because the background should be a neutral color like beige or white....Yup, that is why I've already counted myself out. Perhaps i will try for dv-2013...