• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Entrant Status Check Problems

If you can sue a shop for falling on a wet floor, you definitely can sue the KCC for that
I am sooo disappointed and already asked my emplyoer to stop my EB Green Card processing (I am in the US with H1B visa). My friend has a high blood pressure at this moment and couldn't go to the work today (not everyone can take such a disappointment easily!).
I have a question to the lawyers, Can we start a lawsuit against Department of State for such a thing?
I am sure there will be much more people who would like to do the same! So it will be the collective law suit.

I didn't win last time. I may not win next time, I may not win forever. But I am happy that justice has been done.

I lived in montreal for 7 month & didn't like it.. heck, I even got accepted in a university in montreal for september 2011... & it is not cheap, my girlfriends knows about the visa mariage...

Nothing is cheap, and most GC holders will not be eligible for free education. Mostly citizenship is needed for grants/scholarships.
I am sure you will experiance how bad is the health care cost over here in US. At least 300/permonth excluding dental and eye...
So I guess Canada is better on those...

anyways, few days back you were telling that DVstart is 'a person with empty life'... haha....I was just talking logical with what I knew. My buddy work for a DOS. He told me that a decision will be made by Thursday. I f you see my first post, you will remember....
Anyways, forget all, wish you all the best on next draw

Peace

I am sooo disappointed and already asked my emplyoer to stop my EB Green Card processing (I am in the US with H1B visa). My friend has a high blood pressure at this moment and couldn't go to the work today (not everyone can take such a disappointment easily!).
I have a question to the lawyers, Can we start a lawsuit against Department of State for such a thing?
I am sure there will be much more people who would like to do the same! So it will be the collective law suit.

Well its not too late, call them immediatly and ask not to do that, even if they have done it, I guess you have 2 weeks with USCIS

well, one thing many of us don't know, is that a lot of us have been baned or their entries inneligible but do not even know it since the KCC do not tell, the any good part in that friday the 13th thing is that 22 000 knows they are eligible
I didn't win last time. I may not win next time, I may not win forever. But I am happy that justice has been done.

Well its not too late, call them immediatly and ask not to do that, even if they have done it, I guess you have 2 weeks with USCIS

My guess is your chances are low in a law suite. DOS has not promissed any thing, and what if you didn't do the visa interview well....
But still ask your employer not to cancel it.

Why would you stop the EB GC processing, you should know that winning the lottery DOES NOT mean you get the actual visa. It was a stupid move on your part.

didn't say the university is cheap.. i said cheap in response to the guy saying that the marriage for the greencard is cheap... & in canada, the health care, do not let the media fool you, it is very but very bad, in fact, the harper goverment send people to usa to get medical threatment because there is no doctors in canada.. & the weather is very bad, i can't stand the cold
Nothing is cheap, and most GC holders will not be eligible for free education. Mostly citizenship is needed for grants/scholarships.
I am sure you will experiance how bad is the health care cost over here in US. At least 300/permonth excluding dental and eye...
So I guess Canada is better on those...

anyways, few days back you were telling that DVstart is 'a person with empty life'... haha....I was just talking logical with what I knew. My buddy work for a DOS. He told me that a decision will be made by Thursday. I f you see my first post, you will remember....
Anyways, forget all, wish you all the best on next draw

Peace

Why would you stop the EB GC processing, you should know that winning the lottery DOES NOT mean you get the actual visa. It was a stupid move on your part.

its current for most of the countries if you are on EB2 or EB1 & no backlog, so my advice is make sure you let your employee know about this soon. OR get the best immigration lawyer today and seek advice, there is no time for you to waste..meet a lawyer on the weekend

its current for most of the countries if you are on EB2 or EB1 & no backlog, so my advice is make sure you let your employee know about this soon. OR get the best immigration lawyer today and seek advice, there is no time for you to waste..meet a lawyer on the weekend

Definitely hurry up!
The idea of stopping the GC process just because of the notification later is so insane to me. I would not have taken the risk

well, one thing many of us don't know, is that a lot of us have been baned or their entries inneligible but do not even know it since the KCC do not tell, the any good part in that friday the 13th thing is that 22 000 knows they are eligible

sorry is anybody tell me about the '22000 are eligible" i didn't understand this information
is this means 22000 are already selected for DV 2012? please tell

sorry is anybody tell me about the '22000 are eligible" i didn't understand this information
is this means 22000 are already selected for DV 2012? please tell

What jay means is that even though the results have been invalidated, those 22,000 who were picked at least know that their entries were valid to get picked by KCC for further processing. Many entries get rejected because the photos were wrong, or they submitted duplicate entries, or for some other reason. That is always a worry for many applicants - that their application gets rejected for some reason, sometimes for a silly mistake, not always deliberate like people who submit fraudulent applications. I know in the past, I've wondered if we didn't get selected because our photos weren't right or for some other unknown reason. At least now I know that my husband's application was perfectly valid. Silver lining in a dark cloud.

Last edited by a moderator: