• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Asia Selectees

NL2 ==> the second notification lettter from the KCC which is a reply to the applicant when reciving the (DSP122, photows, etc) and it has a letter to send with the $440 payment and other insturctions.
According the website there is no second letter to send with payment , payments will take place on the embassy after scheduling the interview , it is an old procedure or I miss something ??

hello welly,
im sorry i didnt make it clear that it is just for AOS. another thing is even for AOS i think its not a must to wait for the NL2 in order to send the $440 . again, i am talking about AOS only.
According the website there is no second letter to send with payment , payments will take place on the embassy after scheduling the interview , it is an old procedure or I miss something ??

well, you may be right but once we see a 2012 winner with a very low CN maybe AS0001*** then your assumbtion will not be accurante. but i really wish you are right. :) if it is right, i will be happier that i was when i wont the lottery in the first place. lol ill start looking for numbers now. and test your theory. :)

Let's try to find the lowest CN from Asia. so far I've seen 28k.

I am watching and waiting for more discussion. Not sending any documents or payment to KCC or DOS yet. Since my CN is AS39xxx, it is difficult to estimate the month with "current" of next year (it is for sure). I almost prefer to go for CP becuase I doubt the paperwork efficiency of USCIS. My question is if I wait until 10/01/2011 to send the documents to KCC, will that affect the order of being interviewed, or the order is based on the CN no matter how early you send the documents?

loveamerica from the privious page is (Asooo12K)

Last edited by a moderator:
ill try to see Africa CN it might be little easier. i know that we can wait about 20days to see the cut off for October but, i cant.. so far we got 12K for Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
AS71***. I am surprised with such high number for me. On H1B.PLANING TO GO Nepal for CP

how much chance do I have with such high CN

Nice plan as your cn is very high. Btw I had never seen such a high number from Nepal. I'm from Nepal top. My cn is 40k. Do you, by any chance, know what was the highest cn from Nepal and Asia last year?

No one knows for sure, but one thing we know is the higher the case #, the lower the 'chance'. But do not worry too much, just complete the DSP122+DS230 etc and send off to KCC immediately, if you haven't already done so.

thanks for reply.

No one knows for sure, but one thing we know is the higher the case #, the lower the 'chance'. But do not worry too much, just complete the DSP122+DS230 etc and send off to KCC immediately, if you haven't already done so.

thanks for reply. planning the same soon. lets see, I hope 4 best. i think with such high number My CN will b current only 4 sept

Hi I have a big question!!!!!!!!!!
If my dad has been selected so my mom and my 19 years old sister should also fill out the DS-230 form.
My question is, on DS-230 form part 2 "Name and address of Petitioner" should my mom and my sister put down my dad's name since my dad is the winner?
Or they should put down their own name?
Also, since I am over 21 years old. On DS-230 #29 "list ALL the children". Does my name should be included here? Or does this mean only children under 21?

Thanks

My friend got selected for DV2012. 2012AS00052*** (Asia) and is currently in the US on H1B.

It's kind of confusing as to what they need to do next... As they're already physically present in the US, can they just go ahead and file AOS now?... or do they need to wait until Oct 1, check the visa bulletin, and wait until their 52*** number is available (which might be 8 months or more from now)? Would really appreciate advice. Thanks!

My friend got selected for DV2012. 2012AS00052*** (Asia) and is currently in the US on H1B.

It's kind of confusing as to what they need to do next... As they're already physically present in the US, can they just go ahead and file AOS now?... or do they need to wait until Oct 1, check the visa bulletin, and wait until their 52*** number is available (which might be 8 months or more from now)? Would really appreciate advice. Thanks!

The latter.