• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Asia Selectees

I am from Nepal but in US currently. My Case number is 58XXX. I am not sure if I will be processed further. Any past experiences or knowledge sharing is extremely appreciated.

Thank you EYW979. dv2012dv.sai-473 !
Ill try to do by myself.
but please help me if i have some question!

oh, did you guys check the status on the entrant web page?
today, i found other thread which said someone became not been selected...
and I checked mine. it says Im not selected...
Ill call KCC tomorrow.

Thank you EYW979. dv2012dv.sai-473 !
Ill try to do by myself.
but please help me if i have some question!

oh, did you guys check the status on the entrant web page?
today, i found other thread which said someone became not been selected...
Ill call KCC tomorrow.

You know what you are right the web site gave me the same result but now at 3:40 pm Pacific time start working again and gave me my result with my case number.
remember to use only internet explorer in this cases because the DV web site only supports Internet Explorer 6.0 and Internet Explorer 7.0. so it did not go through explorer but googel chrom and firefox tell you you are not selected so stay with explorer only

Absolutely you can re-enter USA again on H4 if they denied the DV for you, but if they grant you DV visa they will go cancel the H4 visa which is you don`t need it any more.

Is this a fact? This is what is bugging me too. During the non immigrant visa interview they cancel your current visa before they even look on your case, why is it different now?

Is this a fact? This is what is bugging me too. During the non immigrant visa interview they cancel your current visa before they even look on your case, why is it different now?

first of all what kind of non immigrant visa you talking about because it depends on the visa type for example H1b have dual intention which is working and resident, H4 the dependnad of H1B same situation but its not eligible to work
now for F1 and B1 & B2 the situation is different because this kind of visa they have to establish many documents that proof that they will come back to home country after the visit or finishing study.

first of all what kind of non immigrant visa you talking about because it depends on the visa type for example H1b have dual intention which is working and resident, H4 the dependnad of H1B same situation but its not eligible to work
now for F1 and B1 & B2 the situation is different because this kind of visa they have to establish many documents that proof that they will come back to home country after the visit or finishing study.

I am F1, CN AS46***, visa expiring in July 2012, graduating in Dec 2012. I Choose to go for CP. What will happen if i didn't get visa?

I am F1, CN AS46***, visa expiring in July 2012, graduating in Dec 2012. I Choose to go for CP. What will happen if i didn't get visa?

OK according to DV 2011 case number like yours will be current September 2012 which your visa will be expired so choosing CP was correct derision because you will not be eligible for AOS , now don`t worry too much for not getting DV visa because you will get it , but in case if you did`t you have to apply for F1 again and in this case it depends on your interview in the embassy.
we have to wait the next visa bulletin it will give us an idea about how they will proceed in the process

now if your case number become current before July/2012 lets assume Feb or March you still have the option to change the process from CP to AOS .

Thanks for your reply, I felt relaxed reading your message. I didn't know I could still go for AOS from CP if visa become available before July.

This is what I am concerned about. I am on F1 as well. And I am wondering if they cancel it before a DV interview and what happens if they deny the visa. I can't afford to be locked out of the US, I already put almost 3 years towards my PhD here and I am almost done with it. Before I won the lottery I was planning to get H1B and then use NIW to get a green card, but this process takes too long.

This is what I am concerned about. I am on F1 as well. And I am wondering if they cancel it before a DV interview and what happens if they deny the visa. I can't afford to be locked out of the US, I already put almost 3 years towards my PhD here and I am almost done with it. Before I won the lottery I was planning to get H1B and then use NIW to get a green card, but this process takes too long.

Relax i know its stressful situation but no body can cancel your visa until the interview time so you can travel and use F1 until its expired, in the interview time if they give you the DV visa they will cancel your F1 visa if they did`t give you DV visa and you want to renew your F1 they will ask more evidence that you will come back to your country since you have intention to immigrate by applying to DV
be optimistic you are studying PHD so i believe they will give you DV visa because they give some people they have only high school degree and you very high qualify professional person so don`t be pessimistic and look forward to the future

EYW979, Thanks for your positive thought, its help a lot:))..yes this immigrant and non immigrant issue may be problematic if we didn't get DV visa and have to face interview again. But let's be hopeful that we will get DV during first interview...

My case number is very high AS65XXX. I dont know which procedure to choose, CP or AOS? does enybody know how long CP takes time as compared to AOS? thank you!

question 4 in DS-122

can you please help me with question 4 in ds-122: it says "name of us consular office where you would like to process your application"
" however I have not decided which one to choose, CP or AOS. currently I am in the US and since my case number is very high maybe it's better to go with CP. but still not sure. if i choose to go with cp can i choose us embassies in canada?

thank you

can you please help me with question 4 in ds-122: it says "name of us consular office where you would like to process your application"
" however I have not decided which one to choose, CP or AOS. currently I am in the US and since my case number is very high maybe it's better to go with CP. but still not sure. if i choose to go with cp can i choose us embassies in canada?

thank you

I know its stressful situation, me i was confused my case Number very high 2012AS00073xxx too but according to the process of my brother it was much easier to go CP because when all of your documents ready they will stamp the visa within one week but AOS you have to wait for letter to do Bio-metric (fingerprint) and the FBI will make check on your name and some time take long time if they put your case under-review and since the case number is high we don`t have enough time the CP is much faster now regarding Question number 4 you can mention the city where is the USA embassy for example in my country the embassy in Amman so you can write AMMAN-Jordan

I know its stressful situation, me i was confused my case Number very high 2012AS00073xxx too but according to the process of my brother it was much easier to go CP because when all of your documents ready they will stamp the visa within one week but AOS you have to wait for letter to do Bio-metric (fingerprint) and the FBI will make check on your name and some time take long time if they put your case under-review and since the case number is high we don`t have enough time the CP is much faster now regarding Question number 4 you can mention the city where is the USA embassy for example in my country the embassy in Amman so you can write AMMAN-Jordan

thank you PMEYW979, i appreciate. So you mean that i can go with CP and still stay in the US right?

thank you PMEYW979, i appreciate. So you mean that i can go with CP and still stay in the US right?

Yes you can stay in USA until the KCC send letter for you for the interview which will be in your country USA embassy then you have to travel to your country and since you have valid visa you can travel as much as you can, By the way if you choose CP now and want to change later you can do that so don`t worry send the forms now ASAP

My wife has been selected.
We are currently staying in US with Evisa with wife, me, and kids.
I'm planning to proceed AOP,
If there is a family member, are these what I need to submit?

* Cover sheet that stating I want to AOP
* Barcode sheet (The print out paper of the selection page)
* DSP-122(only selectee)
* DS-230 (for each family member)
* 2 passport pictures(each family member)

07-15-2011 Case# 2012AS300xx
08-06-2011 Planning to send above documents
08-06-2011 Planning to send $440 * familly member to DOS

Is my procedure correct?

My wife has been selected.
We are currently staying in US with Evisa with wife, me, and kids.
I'm planning to proceed AOP,
If there is a family member, are these what I need to submit?

* Cover sheet that stating I want to AOP
* Barcode sheet (The print out paper of the selection page)
* DSP-122(only selectee)
* DS-230 (for each family member)
* 2 passport pictures(each family member)

07-15-2011 Case# 2012AS300xx
08-06-2011 Planning to send above documents
08-06-2011 Planning to send $440 * familly member to DOS

Is my procedure correct?

Yes you are correct the process called AOS (adjusting of status) go ahead and send the papers. you will receive a letter from KCC to continue with Immigration local office