• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Asia Selectees

Hey Firstman,
I am in the same situation (F1 and high cn) . Which country are you from?

I am from Taiwan, currently in Oklahoma.

Dear All
I won 2012 Dv lottery and I'm filling Form DS-0230 Item 39
Name and Address of petitioner -phone no. and Email !!
I'm Confused who is this petitioner , Should I have a relative in the USA, and If I don't what shall I do?
If I have a relative he would be the petitioner for me
and when filling same form for my spouse and child same petitioner should be there or shall I be the petitioner for them ??
the confusion comes when I think this petitioner should be ME as I'm the one filling the form but my name is one step earlier items 36-38
Please advice
Thanks

This is an interesting question,
Is that possible a selectee from Asia with a CN 8xxxx or even higher for FY-2012?
What i want to say is that 65K does not mean the visas available for Asia... and remember there are only totally 50,000 visas issued before 09/30

for last 5-7 yr. only 40k+ visa given out. never reach 50k except 2010

you have to wait and see when 2012 yr start to tell

for last 5-7 yr. only 40k+ visa given out. never reach 50k except 2010

you have to wait and see when 2012 yr start to tell

Really??

only 40k were issued averagely every year? i hope you have the right information.....:> anyway thanks for the reply!

Dear All
I'm Confused who is this petitioner , Should I have a relative in the USA, and If I don't what shall I do?
and when filling same form for my spouse and child same petitioner should be there or shall I be the petitioner for them ??
the confusion comes when I think this petitioner should be ME as I'm the one filling the form but my name is one step earlier items 36-38
Please advice
Thanks

The Petitioner is the one who won the lottery. If that is you, you should provide your info on your own, your spouses, and children forms.

Dear All
Please advice
Thanks
Architect_100 ...when I filled up those form I did my name as petitioner but when I ask to embassy it is not need ..because they use this question for those who are already in US and want to invite someone from outside US..
anyway I think whether fill or not no problem. or u can make inquiry to US embassy....they would answer ...bytheway from which country are u ????

hello, deepfrrezed
well, you are not alone with a hight CN. i have seen many people here with hight CN, even higher than yours. i suggest that you stick to this forum and read as much as you can. also, it would be very helpful if you write your CN and what kind of visa you have and maybe ur country and put them in your sgniture so others will have a better idea about ur situation and help accordingly. im not an expert here but i know this forum has many experianced people and hope someone useful with hight CN from the previous years jum in and help.. im sorry i coudnt help much but you never give up...
My number is very high 2012AS0006XXXX. Any tips on how to proceed? what are my chances?

I think the CN will be comparatively higher this year, I think have kept CNs of the 20K winners in order not to make conflicts with the real winners. These 20K are probably distributed among all the regions. Does it make any sense ?

well, you may be right but once we see a 2012 winner with a very low CN maybe AS0001*** then your assumbtion will not be accurante. but i really wish you are right. :) if it is right, i will be happier that i was when i wont the lottery in the first place. lol ill start looking for numbers now. and test your theory. :)

Updated the signature.

I am just hoping that the numbers start from where the canceled DV2012 sequence ended. Otherwise, I virtually have no chance. I guess we will know where the numbers start when the visa bulletin is release next month.

On a side note: what does NL1 and NL2 stand for? I see the term used often in the forum.

well, you may be right but once we see a 2012 winner with a very low CN maybe AS0001*** then your assumbtion will not be accurante. but i really wish you are right. :) if it is right, i will be happier that i was when i wont the lottery in the first place. lol ill start looking for numbers now. and test your theory. :)

yes, I made some calculations and according to my assumption this will affect Asia region with about 3K shift only (Asia has 15% of all the selectees). It will have a significant effect on African CNs cause they comprise 50% so it will shift with 10K.

well,
NL1 ==> the first notification letter from KCC which is used to be a mail sent to winners but now its online in the dv status check.
NL2 ==> the second notification lettter from the KCC which is a reply to the applicant when reciving the (DSP122, photows, etc) and it has a letter to send with the $440 payment and other insturctions. i have been in your situation last week. So, here are other shorcuts i hope you or anyone else may find helpful.
FO = USCIS feild office
CP = counsular processing
NOA= notice of action
IN = interview notice
CN = case number
AP = advance parole
CPO= not sure about this one but i think its card/document production
wish you all the best :)

Updated the signature.

I am just hoping that the numbers start from where the canceled DV2012 sequence ended. Otherwise, I virtually have no chance. I guess we will know where the numbers start when the visa bulletin is release next month.

On a side note: what does NL1 and NL2 stand for? I see the term used often in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: