• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

My destination is going to be Seattle or Florida or New York.
I have friends and distant relatives in these places...
Can't wait for the results!!! With God in our side we all in this forum can be winners!

It has been such a long time from October that it is a real torture...
Wish they could release that results earlier...
God make this to be the last year for applying pleaseeeeeeeeee !!!

My first time applying, not expecting it but who knows. Don't get your hopes up too high people! It's low chances but have that little bit of hope still :)

Good luck to everybody in just under 2 weeks!

yes leave a space not to be too disappinted

We hope to win. But this is a lottery. And don't hope too much up to choosing the city where you will be leaving, for example; I think. More you will believe more you will be disappointed, if I am not mistaken.

Wasn't there a ~3 million jump in the number of applicants this year? Man, chances were already bad enough for applicants from Asia.

We hope to win. But this is a lottery. And don't hope too much up to choosing the city where you will be leaving, for example; I think. More you will believe more you will be disappointed, if I am not mistaken.
We know this is a lottery. Everyone on this forum is trying to be optimistic and hoping to win. What's the big deal if they are now choosing where they want to live in the US?. It's only wishful thinking!!!

If I lose, honestly i will be dissappointed for a momemt (just like when i played the money lottery) but it won't be the end of the world as I will still have the opportunity to visit the U.S, up to 6 months. I've been visiting since i was 12 yrs. old. In fact, it's not terribly bad where i live.

Last edited by a moderator:
My destination is going to be Seattle or Florida or New York.
I have friends and distant relatives in these places...
Can't wait for the results!!! With God in our side we all in this forum can be winners!

It has been such a long time from October that it is a real torture...
Wish they could release that results earlier...
God make this to be the last year for applying pleaseeeeeeeeee !!!

I LOVE, LOVE Florida too!!. I have two sisters that live there. I also have other family members scattered over the U.S. There is so much to do and places to go in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you are right. Dreaming is not harmful. Actually, its a useful. I just do not want you (us) to be too much disappointed. Hope we will, or most of us will be winners.

Rabat u r write i think i have too much hope and as u said i will b the most dissapointed its good to b optimistic sometimes but not over the bar i am ready for any outcome like one wise man said,hope for the best and prepare for the worst its my fifth time applying i prayed over it and am sure God is going to answer even if i wont b selected for further processing.

I believe to God. But do you think the God can do anything to computer? If it was human being who makes decision then the God can change his/her mind for a better option. But DV winners are selected by computer, so its really a chance, if I am not mistaken. God can help only after you have been selected. For example, for a successful interview.

I believe to God. But do you think the God can do anything to computer? If it was human being who makes decision then the God can change his/her mind for a better option. But DV winners are selected by computer, so its really a chance, if I am not mistaken. God can help only after you have been selected. For example, for a successful interview.

To answer your own question, just consider that there are atheists and agnostics who neither pray to nor believe in [a] God, and yet win.

..Thats what I wanted to say. You said it in most staightforward way. No need to pray too much to be selected for DV visa. That might even make you disappointed with your believe and God, I think. That will make you feel more miserable.

all is possible in Christ... and don't forget it has to be His will not our will :)
good luck!!

which time is the official US government site will start to release the result? is it 12 at night or...?
this time around is all the winners going to be released at once or set by set(in batches)?
Wish you and myself all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!