• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

hi guys, this is my first time...when i checked the status it said "Not been selected". But it also said that entry status can be checked at a later date. Does that mean there is still a chance?

Hi guys, congratulations to everybody who was selected.

Unfortunately I was not. I may just be grasping at straws but I saw a few people posting in places that you NEED to use Internet Explorer or you will not get the correct result.

Does anybody think this is true?

I don't think its true because when I checked mine it said not been selected" but when I checked my moms it said 'has been selected...I used safari to checked both the status..

I don't think its true because when I checked mine it said not been selected" but when I checked my moms it said 'has been selected...I used safari to checked both the status..

Thanks, I was just hoping :) Congratulations on your mom getting selected.

Congratulations to ALL successful winners of DV 2012.

May then same GOD that was with us truout our period and made it work for us will equally make it for ALL you on this forum in JESUS name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE SHALL CONTINUE CONTINUE TO SUCCEED ON THIS FORUM ijn,amen.

NOTE::::::::: To those tha have confirmed their status o; ( Selectee).Please start preparing yourself by filling the necessary forms you are to fill and send back to KCC immediately for case interview.

The good LORD will see you ALL through,AMEN!!!!!!!!!

i won and i think i have a low case number.2012AF00012xxx am wondering when my interview might be?

What Is The Next Step If I Win The DV Lottery?

All the DV lottery applications will be numbered separately at the Kentucky Consular Center. A computer will randomly select from the applications for each geographic region. All the applications have the same chance of getting selected in this lottery program. Those selected will receive appointment letters from the Kentucky Consular Center four to six weeks before the interview with the US consular officers overseas. The selected applicants will then have to pay all immigrant visa fees in person at the US embassy or Consulate at the time of visa application.

If you are selected in the DV lottery, you will be required to submit a formal application and undergo further processing to get a immigrant visa. If you are already in the US, you can adjust your status and then the final process would be requesting a green card. If you win the lottery and want to adjust status in the US, ensure that you file the application as soon as the Ranking number is current on the Visa Bulletin as the visas are issued on a first come, first served basis.

You have to respond to the electronic notice from the Kentucky Consular Center or you might not benefit from having won the DV lottery. If you do not respond well ahead of the deadline mentioned, chances are that your application can be rejected. In such a case, you will have to re- apply. You must prove that you can support yourself financially once in the U.S. and are admissible .

Winning entrants will receive notification instructions for the DV lottery visa application process on the confirmation page available through Entry Status Check on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov. Per the instructions, the selected applicants have to pay all diversity and immigrant visa fees in person only at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of the visa application. The consular cashier or consular officer will give the visa applicant a U.S. Government receipt for the payment made. If you are applying for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, do not send money for DV fees through the mail, Western Union, or any other service. Selected applicants who are already present in the United States and who file for adjustment of status will receive separate instructions on how to submit DV fees to a US bank.

The KCC, consular offices, or the U.S. Government have never and never will send e-mails to notify individuals that they have been selected. Selected entrants will only receive e-mail communications from the KCC informing them that a visa appointment has been scheduled after they have responded to the notification instructions on Entry Status Check. Such e-mails will direct the selected applicants to check their interview appointment details on Entry Status Check and it will not contain information on the actual appointment date and time.

If you are selected, you have to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This proof can be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a friend or relative in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the US.

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

Hi, can i use my phone enable internet browsing to check the ESC. No cyber cafe in my area i hav to travel to town

Hi guys! Congrats to the winners.

I was also lucky (2012AS00008XXX) and I have a question for the experts here.

I am currently in the US on a non-immigrant student (graduate school) visa.

1. How do I know if I am eligible for status adjustment? (should I do the adjustment or go back to my home country to start the process from there?)
2. How do I apply? do I need to send documents or make calls?
3. When should I apply? Do I need to wait until something changes in the Visa bulletin or can I do it now?
4. Is there somewhere you advise to call to ask these and related questions?

Looking forward to hear back!

-M

Hi Mark,

I'm in the same situation!

So far as I can tell:

1) You are eligible as long as you are not in violation of your visa status. You should check when your visa number becomes current - it will probably be in October or November, at which point you can apply for AOS from within the US.

2) I'm still confused about this point. I think, at this point, we have to send one form and two photographs to the Kentucky processing center, but I'm not sure.

3) AOS: in October or November, when your visa number becomes current. (Check the Visa Bulletin.) You should not do this now.

4) Contact your local USCIS office? Also unsure about this...

Thanks Happy! :)

So we DO have to send something right now and before our number becomes current? God, this is confusing.

Also, what exactly should I look for in the Bulletin?

I will post updates here this week as soon as I find more information...

-M

My understanding is that we should post DSP-122 form and 2 photographs to the Kentucky Processing Center now, accompanied by a cover letter clearly stating that we are intending to do AOS.

Then we can do certain things - like assemble documents and do the medical exam - in the coming months. And then we file for AOS when the visa number becomes current.

To see when your number becomes current, wait till the Visa Bulletin for September 2011 comes out, and see whether your number is below the number specified for current visas for DV-Lottery Asia. For example, in September 2010, the Visa Bulletin announced that all number below 9.000 would be current as of October: (I'm not allowed to post a link; just google "Visa Bulletin for September 2010") . If this is the same again this year, you can apply for AOS on October 1st (and *not* before then, apparently). Otherwise, you may have to wait another month.

Hope this helps!

dv-2011 winners from Srilanka

i was so lucky!! it is my first time to apply DV !! Thank God!! My case.no 2012AS000006XX!!

congrats .. You are the great & very lucky person.. Because your CN is very low..

Keep it up with send your forms to KCC soos as possible...

Don't delay..

Then you will get the 2nd NL sooooooooooooooooooon

Bye

Case No : 2011AS00033XXX
1st NL Received : 30/05/2010
2nd NL Received :waiting
Current : July
Medical :waiting
Interview Date: waiting
Interview successful :
Visa pickup :
POE:
GC Received :
SSN Received :

Tell me please, is there anyone who applied for after 6 October, and won? Since the statistics another forum, have won almost all of those who filed on October 5-6, and only one person wins, to apply for October 10. Is this normal?

Tell me please, is there anyone who applied for after 6 October, and won? Since the statistics another forum, have won almost all of those who filed on October 5-6, and only one person wins, to apply for October 10. Is this normal?

Letoille, before jumping to conclusions, it's necessary to know what proportion applied in the first 2 days. If 90% applied, you cannot complain that 90% of winners were those who applied on 5-6 October.

And to those who want to demand another draw. You have to understand that it would be logistically impossible for them to do it this year. So all you would achieve is take away wins from people, and get nothing in return. And on top of that, such a scandal would be a perfect pretext to close the program altogether.