• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

The person complaining is basing his conclusions on a sample of 70+ people. You need a bigger one (besides the fact that you never know if those people really won, or just want to raise the stink).

And even then, he did mention 2 people who won on later days.

Hi guys, this was my first time entering the DV lottery. Are the results all released at once? Or do they come out in stages? Because when i check the status it says

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below."

Why would it say 'you may re-check the Entry status'?

Thanks

Hi guys, this was my first time entering the DV lottery. Are the results all released at once? Or do they come out in stages? Because when i check the status it says
"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below."
Why would it say 'you may re-check the Entry status'?
All at once.

That's because you may, in fact, re-check the entry status. Say, for another applicant.

as i said the best is trinti boy ...the rest are traitors , silly , they betray their mother land , their origin and god knows what they will abandon and ready to sell whene they are in usa ...i really dont have the honor to be thier freind , or to even chat with them , more than 300 persons were killed last week in state of albama due to the bed weather and god knows what will happen next , polluted beachs in mexico , swon flu spread , people are sleeping in the street , high rates of unemployment , high rates of succidal attempts and violence and kidnaping , black and white descrimination ,storms all over the usa , are you aware of this guys , ....kisse the hand of your mother and father then your wife if you are married and then your land and thank god every day for this grace , good bless you nigeria or where ever i live , because they are still people who loves you and care and they are ready to scarifice with anything to keep you safe , ,,,, the ones who are trying to leave you **** them **** their life **** their silly mind they dont deserve to live here , i myself ready to give them assisstance to go away because they dont deserve to live here , go to usa and live the insult life because that what you deserve traitors ........

Hi everyone ! i'm new here !
I aplied in October without really believing i could win but i did !! I'm so happy i can't believe it !
I was just wondering if you know how much time it is gonna take until the interview ?
can you know with your case number ?
mine is 2012EU00010XXX

My boyfriend last year had 2011EU00012XXX, and he had his interview Nov 2010. So, you'll probably have your interview before the year (2011) end. Good luck and make sure you have evrything they ask for, and complete all the applications properly, because if you don't that will delay the process.

Hi everyone ! i'm new here !
I aplied in October without really believing i could win but i did !! I'm so happy i can't believe it !
I was just wondering if you know how much time it is gonna take until the interview ?
can you know with your case number ?
mine is 2012EU00010XXX

My boyfriend last year had 2011EU00012XXX, and he had his interview Nov 2010. So, you'll probably have your interview before the year (2011) end. Good luck and make sure you have evrything they ask for, and complete all the applications properly, because if you don't that will delay the process.

I cant believe this but I got selected for further processing!
case number: 2012EU00001***.

I called KC for more information because the info on the website is not all that clear. The told me I have to send to them form D122, with the barcode and 2 photographs. The next step is to wait till my number is current and I will be able to change my status. Im currently on a H1b.

I have a question though. I got engaged a couple of months ago but have not gotten married yet. Wedding is supposed to be in July. Can I include my soon to be husband in the green card or since I was not married at the time I submitted, he cannot be a dependent?

Im sooo excited I got it...I still think it must be a dream. I think I may have read the letter about 10 times!

Good to hear. I have been trying to call them, but haven't gotten through. Why did they not mention D122 anywhere on the web?

Winning chances All applicants from the same region have the same chance of winning the lottery. Probability estimates can be made based on data released for DV-2008.[7][8] Note that out of the 96,690 winners, only up to 50,000 will be issued a green card; and some qualifying "winners" may not get their green card. Interviews are scheduled to verify the selected applicant's qualification for the program.
Region Applicants (%) Applicants (approximate) Winners Winning chance (estimate)
Africa 41% 2,624,000 52,824 2.01%
Asia 38% 2,432,000 14,142 0.58%
Europe 19% 1,216,000 26,149 2.15%
North America 17
Oceania 1,713
South and Central America and the Caribbean 2% 128,000 1,845 1.44%
Total 100% 6,400,000 96,690 1.51%

[edit] 2010 Results
For the 2010 Diversity Visa Lottery, the winning applicants were apportioned as follows: [9]:
Region Winner Allocation Country with Highest Number of Winners
Africa 52.63 % Ghana
Europe 29.04 % Ukraine
Asia 14.62 % Bangladesh
South and Central America and the Caribbean 1.93 % Venezuela
Oceania 1.76 % Australia
North America 0.02% Bahamas

Curious to know how the winning percentages were allocated for DV-2012..hmmmmm

@dvscam if God said u will go to usa nothing will stop u,what of if u win and fail at the interview just take it as a chalenge even if u don't play the lottery if God said u will be in usa surely u will go, not all dos in usa play the so call lottery

Hi guys, Your follower from Tunisia i wont and my spouse too usa love me because i left in 1997, and i'm winning again yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

I won, I can't believe I just won!!!! It's a miracle. My dream comes true!!!
I've been trying without luck since year 2000. An now it's a reality.
I just want to say "keep up the faith" to all who have been trying for so long. It's not just a "first try, first time" winner lottery. As the twelve attempt was the good for me....

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to winners!

I didn't win last year, but this one I did!
Date of entry for DV: October 5th, 12:09pm EDT
Case number: 2012EU2***