• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

update

Thanks for asking monkha.

I went to my INFOPASS interview today, calm but at the same time ready to raise hell. I went up to the IO and explained my situation and from the word go, he knew about the DV lottery, the process involved and the urgency of the deadline. He was very surprised that I hadn't been called for an interview and so he told me to wait while he searches for my application. I waited for over half an hour before he called me back and confirmed that my application was at the LA office like I had been told over the phone, but that the office is currently in the process of splitting into two...long story which I didn't quite understand but then he told me that he was gonna call an IO who specializes with dv cases and gave me a NOA stating that I would either be called over the phone or emailed very soon to have an interview scheduled.

To say I'm stoked is an understatement. This guy seemed way more concerned and mad on my behalf than I was lol but he assured me that I will definitely have an interview very soon, if not within a few days. It seems that apparently during this office changeover my file was just never looked at. Scary as that sounds, I went away happy. Now to just wait patiently....:):)

Hi theaos,
any new news about your case I hope you got your IL

interview experience

i had my interview today, and thought to share with ya'll. pretty much its the same case with most of yall. He asked for my id, passport.. asked the yes/no questions. Well, this was the first dv case for him to handle, so he told me he will do further research and i will get notifications in the mail.But he did take my i-94...fingers crossed!

status changed back to Decision

I got the welcome letter yesterday and the case status changed to CPO the same day. However, today case status is changed back to Decision. I am worried about it. Has anybody been in the same situation?

Thanks,

Nyc fo

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the help on this thread, it was instrumental in helping me put together my application.
I'm applying under 245(i) and my FO is in NYC. I'm a student, parents are currently doing AOS too, but not through DV, my bio was done July 27th.
I got my work permit a few days ago and also the interview letter for September 20th. I have a few questions surrounding my case:
1) Since I have my work permit, does that mean I passed the background check or is the NYC FO known to give interviews before background checks are done?
2) On the interview letter page intended for DV candidates, it says to bring a financial affidavit of support (I-134) but on the last page it says to bring I-864. I was under the impression that DV candidates had to bring I-134
3) If I'm approved for GC on the day of or a few days after my interview, how feasible would it be to get my passport stamped before Sep. 30th, as it will surely take longer than the 10 days between my interview and DV deadline for my GC to arrive and I don't want to take any chance?
4) Would it be possible to apply for SS# now or do I have to wait 'till I have the GC?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I have and interview appointment in 1 week, but I have never received a BIO apt, which everyone else seems to get done well before the interview. I called them and they say nothing has been sent. What happens if the interview comes before the BIO?

Jacob

1) Getting your work permit doesnt mean you passed background checks. Many students get their work permits without having to go for biometrics.

2) Best to prepare both just in case. You dont want take a chance when close to Sep 30th. Have both ready in case the officer ask for one or the other.

3) If you get approved you can schdule an info pass and ask for your passport be stamped. Its free doesnt cost anything.

4) You cant apply for SS now...Best to wait for your GC this way you are sure the USCIS and SS systems synced together with all your information updated. Otherwise you can try and get your SS# after you get your passport stamped. Call your SS office and ask if the stamp is ok or they require the GC.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the help on this thread, it was instrumental in helping me put together my application.
I'm applying under 245(i) and my FO is in NYC. I'm a student, parents are currently doing AOS too, but not through DV, my bio was done July 27th.
I got my work permit a few days ago and also the interview letter for September 20th. I have a few questions surrounding my case:
1) Since I have my work permit, does that mean I passed the background check or is the NYC FO known to give interviews before background checks are done?
2) On the interview letter page intended for DV candidates, it says to bring a financial affidavit of support (I-134) but on the last page it says to bring I-864. I was under the impression that DV candidates had to bring I-134
3) If I'm approved for GC on the day of or a few days after my interview, how feasible would it be to get my passport stamped before Sep. 30th, as it will surely take longer than the 10 days between my interview and DV deadline for my GC to arrive and I don't want to take any chance?
4) Would it be possible to apply for SS# now or do I have to wait 'till I have the GC?

Many thanks

we did my interview today

hello everyone, i just want to update you guys about our interview experience.

My wife and I had our interview today. It was very formal. The officer asked for our IDs then she asked us a couple of questions all from i485 and verified the information we have provided there. . after that she said our case is approved and you will receive it in 5 weeks. I collected so many documents but I was only asked for NL1. I hope to see our cards pretty soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I have and interview appointment in 1 week, but I have never received a BIO apt, which everyone else seems to get done well before the interview. I called them and they say nothing has been sent. What happens if the interview comes before the BIO?

Jacob

Well here's what happened, the good ol' USPS postman decided our mail box was too hard to open, and sent a few of my receipts and the bio appt and interview appt back to the DOS/USCIS! Just wow... I knew about the interview because of an e-notification.

Hello everyone,

Many thanks

Hey frasiercrane, in regards to your I-134 or I-864, who filled those out for you since you are on an F-2? Where you able to do that because you're a dependent. I'm trying to figure out whether I need either of those forms or not.

Finally i am Green

Hi every one
i would like to thank every one for helping and sharing your experiences, finally after stressful time with three time rejection for my application i got my GREEN CARD yesterday 8/31/2012 me and my wife also thanks GOD hopefully every one her will get his soooon;);););););););););)

inteeview done no decision

So far i have not had any response...the io gave me a form saying its under further review. I called uscis and told thrm about the sept 30 deadline but they dont seem to know about the dv process. A lady told me to jeep waiting. Guys what do u think i should do.? She said my number is locked since i wwnt interview. Si i s

I-134, i-864

Hey frasiercrane, in regards to your I-134 or I-864, who filled those out for you since you are on an F-2? Where you able to do that because you're a dependent. I'm trying to figure out whether I need either of those forms or not.

Wow, it's really gone quiet here. Looking back at all the other years, this has definitely got to be the shortest thread.

Hey jakeisstoked, I am having my uncle sponsor me with the I-134. Since I'm a student one year away from graduation, I don't think I'll need the I-864. I think you need the I-134, just to be safe, to prove you won't be a public charge, and if you're working I think that should cover it.

Wow, it's really gone quiet here. Looking back at all the other years, this has definitely got to be the shortest thread.

Hey jakeisstoked, I am having my uncle sponsor me with the I-134. Since I'm a student one year away from graduation, I don't think I'll need the I-864. I think you need the I-134, just to be safe, to prove you won't be a public charge, and if you're working I think that should cover it.

Hey, yeah it's very quiet the process is mostly over now, and everyone has their decision, although I'm incredibly late due to screw-ups by both USCIS and the postal service.

Thanks for the tip, I will be able to get a room-mate to do the I-134 for me, it's the only technically correct option I see for an F-1 student that's not dependant and has no relations in the US. Of course I won't even hand them the form unless they ask :).

Jake

need advice

Hey guys!
I am so worried. I did my interview 2 weeks ago and i am afraid i didnt get any decision nor response from USCIS. Thry told me i will get response in the mail. Sept 30th is around the corner and i might lose this chance. The io told me he needs to do researcj since it was his first dv case but thrn he gave me a form stating its under futther review. I did not hire a lawyer or attotney. I filed it my self. Guys has any one been in this situation? Pliz help!!