• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Thanks Kgeorge.

Yeah I'll probably schedule another infopass. Actually on that, I finally called KCC and asked whether my file had been transferred to my FO and they confirmed that it was sent June 14, 10 days after my bio. This was some good news in most ways but then left me even more confused about the info I was given yesterday. Still leads me to believe that it may be my background check. I know I got a traffic ticket a few months ago but I wouldn't think that that would cause a delay.

I did as a matter of fact check out DV 2011 and looked at Yonie/freedom11's posts. I'll admit that I went to my FO yesterday with the hope that they would give me an impromptu interview. But I decided that making an infopass for two weeks from now might yield a different result :p. Otherwise I'm gonna try calling USCIS to see if I can speak to someone else.

Thanks for your help and encouragement guys. Means a lot.

Its quite annoying that this person decided to dole out free (crappy) advice as opposed to doing her job and its unfortunate that your call had to get routed through her. I hope you have better luck next time.

I'm not sure what the hold up is with your case but there was a similar situation with one of the people in the DV'11 thread. He finally managed to get a "walk in interview" done when he went for an info pass. I'd say give it another week and schedule another info pass. Given that we're less than 2 months away, its better to nag rather than to miss out.

Make sure you check the DV'11 thread and go through Yonie's posts.

And good luck. I'm sure you'll get your IL appointment even if it does take sometime.

It can't be a traffic ticket. I got one smack in the middle of the whole DV process - in fact I paid the fines 3 days before my interview. So don't worry about that.

It could be the background check or it could be that the Los Angeles FO is super swamped. I'm guessing its one of the busier FOs but I'm sure they will process your case before the deadline. In the meantime keep knocking on the door.

Good luck!

Thanks Kgeorge.

Yeah I'll probably schedule another infopass. Actually on that, I finally called KCC and asked whether my file had been transferred to my FO and they confirmed that it was sent June 14, 10 days after my bio. This was some good news in most ways but then left me even more confused about the info I was given yesterday. Still leads me to believe that it may be my background check. I know I got a traffic ticket a few months ago but I wouldn't think that that would cause a delay.

I did as a matter of fact check out DV 2011 and looked at Yonie/freedom11's posts. I'll admit that I went to my FO yesterday with the hope that they would give me an impromptu interview. But I decided that making an infopass for two weeks from now might yield a different result :p. Otherwise I'm gonna try calling USCIS to see if I can speak to someone else.

Courage, keep it up! I am sure it'll be ok and you'll get your interview letter.
At the next infopass maybe you can ask kindly the help of a supervisor or a senior officer and ask him/her if they can personally contact NCSC to check why your file is still pending.

Hi Oshin,

Quick question, once your GC was delivered did the status of your application on the USCIS website update to something like this -

"The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on XX/XX/XXXX directly to the address we had on file. If you did not receive your card, or have any questions, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Thanks!

Good news, you should get your GC soon!

I'm keeping my I-20s, I-94, etc for now. I will check in with my university's DSO tomorrow for further directions on what to do.

Thanks Kgeorge.

I am glad you finally got some information. Now we know the file is at least out of KCC's hand.
Yeah to me it sounds like it's the background check that pulling you back for some reason...I know it is not the best thing to hear, but it could be just a systematic error, you know?
But I am pretty sure in any situation someone from FO should be able to push your case.
I agree with kgeorge, get another infopass. I would rather keep annoying them than losing this amazing opportunity.

Expdite

I am glad you finally got some information. Now we know the file is at least out of KCC's hand.
Yeah to me it sounds like it's the background check that pulling you back for some reason...I know it is not the best thing to hear, but it could be just a systematic error, you know?
But I am pretty sure in any situation someone from FO should be able to push your case.
I agree with kgeorge, get another infopass. I would rather keep annoying them than losing this amazing opportunity.

i suggest that call USCIS and ask them to expedite your case base on DV lottery. ask USCIS to talk to an immigration officer or someone with higher level when you call them.
i did the same thing.
hopefully you'll get your green card soon and we all celebrate together
BTW just keep annoying them.

i suggest that call USCIS and ask them to expedite your case base on DV lottery. ask USCIS to talk to an immigration officer or someone with higher level when you call them.
i did the same thing.
hopefully you'll get your green card soon and we all celebrate together
BTW just keep annoying them.

Thanks mehrdad and to everyone else who replies. I actually called USCIS on three separate occasions today and the first time I talked to a lady who sounded really helpful but said there was a glitch in the system and asked me to call back a few minutes later. Subsequently, each time I called, the person on other end of the line though helpful, just read me what the online USCIS status already said. One of them told me to schedule an infopass, and when I told them that I did and that I was told that my application was still with them, they said I should schedule an infopass again to follow it up with them. I've noticed now that when you call a customer representative who either does not know jack about the dv process or seemingly doesn't want to make the effort, they are content with making you feel dumb by slowing down their speech and repeating what they say even though you try and use logic and reason with them. Its not in my nature to shout or be rude or be demanding but at this point I feel that I almost have to do that in order to have a result. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Whats challenging too is that on my file, it notes that I did call USCIS to make a formal request to expedite my case once a few weeks ago, but USCIS replied and said I would get better results by contacting the FO. Taking all this into consideration, its made me a little suspicious that my FO does in fact have my file but that it hasn't been attended to for some reason. One of the guys I spoke to today asked for the receipt number and noted that the first three letters of my receipt number indicated that my file was already in the local office. If that is true, that would explain why my first NOA and letter for the bio came literally a day apart and that my bio was scheduled for 10 days later, which according to a friend of mine who did his aos years ago said is unheard of. Not to go all conspiracy theory, but I remember yesterday when giving the IO at the infopass my details in order to check my file, he had this puzzling guilty look on his face and was very quick to give me information so that I would go away, as crazy as that sounds. But then that makes me feel like I'm paranoid because if it is the case the my FO has my file then why would they still be holding on to it?

Anyway I scheduled an infopass after the advice from the forum and the earliest available was Aug 27. I guess, as some of you have said, this means that my office does in fact have a high volume of apps. This is a great opportunity and that means if I have to be pushy about it then I'll have to buck up and bring it to 'em .

Thanks guys. I feel such a great amount of support and encouragement from you guys. When I finally get my card y'all wil be the first to know and I apologize now for going overboard with the celebrations :p

Anyway I scheduled an infopass after the advice from the forum and the earliest available was Aug 27.
p

I don't know if it works everywhere but last time I needed some info at an USCIS office. The attendant at the entrance told me to make an appointment with the infopass machine at the entrance. The earliest date available was in 10 days. The guy told me just to come back later in the afternoon with the paper that the machine gave me, around 40mn before they close, even if the date was for the week after. I did that and I could talk with an immigration officer. They were very friendly. Maybe you can try to do that august 27 is like an eternity.

I don't know if it works everywhere but last time I needed some info at an USCIS office. The attendant at the entrance told me to make an appointment with the infopass machine at the entrance. The earliest date available was in 10 days. The guy told me just to come back later in the afternoon with the paper that the machine gave me, around 40mn before they close, even if the date was for the week after. I did that and I could talk with an immigration officer. They were very friendly. Maybe you can try to do that august 27 is like an eternity.

thanks kazore,

I may try that. the appointment I made was for early in the morning, normally when everyone lines up and so any IOs present will not be happy campers. I was wondering whether I could do that with my current appointment. The only problem is that even when I went by the office an hour before closing the last time there were still people waiting to be seen. But definitely something I can try. :)

Uscis

Thanks mehrdad and to everyone else who replies. I actually called USCIS on three separate occasions today and the first time I talked to a lady who sounded really helpful but said there was a glitch in the system and asked me to call back a few minutes later. Subsequently, each time I called, the person on other end of the line though helpful, just read me what the online USCIS status already said. One of them told me to schedule an infopass, and when I told them that I did and that I was told that my application was still with them, they said I should schedule an infopass again to follow it up with them. I've noticed now that when you call a customer representative who either does not know jack about the dv process or seemingly doesn't want to make the effort, they are content with making you feel dumb by slowing down their speech and repeating what they say even though you try and use logic and reason with them. Its not in my nature to shout or be rude or be demanding but at this point I feel that I almost have to do that in order to have a result. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what happens.
:p

theaos,
First of all, I bet on my GC that you will get your GC before deadline.

Two things that may help out,
1- If the officer makes you feel dumb during infopass ask to speak with their supervisor seriously. Try to get information about name check result.
2- When you call the USICS ask for an expedition based on DV lottery. This way you will get way better result in less than a week. Don't expect any thing else from USICS.

theaos,
First of all, I bet on my GC that you will get your GC before deadline.

Two things that may help out,
1- If the officer makes you feel dumb during infopass ask to speak with their supervisor seriously. Try to get information about name check result.
2- When you call the USICS ask for an expedition based on DV lottery. This way you will get way better result in less than a week. Don't expect any thing else from USICS.

Thanks for your advice joe100. You (and everyone here) were right. It pays to just nag :) so I called USCIS today and demanded to speak to someone who knew more than just what I already knew and could see online myself. My suspicions were confirmed: they confirmed on record that my file had indeed been transferred to the Los Angeles office. The lady on the other end actually advised me to speak to a supervisor at my FO about my case. So Mr IO of two days ago was obviously wrong about the pending file at the NBC.

So as you guys were saying, they must be experiencing a backlog of applications so its just worth waiting. I've decided to stick with going in on Aug 27th, purely to give the FO the benefit of the doubt and give them over a week to send the letter. If nothing comes by then, then I will go to the infopass and demand nothing but progress.

Thank you so much guys. Y'all have been super helpful.

Moral of the story - crack that whip :p

Thanks for your advice joe100. You (and everyone here) were right. It pays to just nag :) so I called USCIS today and demanded to speak to someone who knew more than just what I already knew and could see online myself. My suspicions were confirmed: they confirmed on record that my file had indeed been transferred to the Los Angeles office. The lady on the other end actually advised me to speak to a supervisor at my FO about my case. So Mr IO of two days ago was obviously wrong about the pending file at the NBC.

So as you guys were saying, they must be experiencing a backlog of applications so its just worth waiting. I've decided to stick with going in on Aug 27th, purely to give the FO the benefit of the doubt and give them over a week to send the letter. If nothing comes by then, then I will go to the infopass and demand nothing but progress.

Thank you so much guys. Y'all have been super helpful.

Hi

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 16, 2012, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I really hope theaos gets his green card soon
Dont worry man, we celebrate all together
Just wait:)

Officially Green!

My GC just arrived in the mail :D

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 16, 2012, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I really hope theaos gets his green card soon
Dont worry man, we celebrate all together
Just wait:)