• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Jay2013,
you should send I-485 and all other related documents together,however we did separate our documents into different transparent files...By separating, you avoid confusements...do not staple your documents.
Hope it helps.

Japakak
Obviously, it is helpful. Thank you very much for your information. I do have additional questions?

Do we need to find sponsor for all of three given that our family income is $22,000. If so, can single sponsor can sponsor for all of three? I know, we need to submit I-134 separately for each person. But just wonder whether one sponsor would be sufficient or not if he/she has income level higher than 150% of federal poverty income threshold?

KCC File

Hey guys,

Has anyone been interviewed and approved without the file at KCC being transferred to the local office?

Yes you can get an interview without the file being requested.
No you cannot be approved until after the filed office receives your file from KCC.

Hey guys,

Has anyone been interviewed and approved without the file at KCC being transferred to the local office?

Japakak
Obviously, it is helpful. Thank you very much for your information. I do have additional questions?

Do we need to find sponsor for all of three given that our family income is $22,000. If so, can single sponsor can sponsor for all of three? I know, we need to submit I-134 separately for each person. But just wonder whether one sponsor would be sufficient or not if he/she has income level higher than 150% of federal poverty income threshold?

Jay2013,
I have just looked up into poverty guidelines, and based on it, you do not have to submit affidavit of support,however, I really suggest that you find a sponsor for both of your wife and daughter,since they are not working,thus do not have incomes.yes,single sponsor can fill out affidavit form for three of you. if you will be able to find couple of sponsors that would be even better..so do not restrict yourself to one sponsor..
there was one dv winner in 2011, who was on H1 visa. in his case, he has submitted I-134 forms for both of his wife and daughter...but your case is a bit different, you are on F1, F1's annual income is twice lesser than H1's, that is why I would suggest you to find a sponsor other than yourself..

Phone call from USCIS

Just a quick update on my case.

It has been about 5 weeks since they took my fingerprints and I was still waiting for my interview letter.
This morning I got a phone call from the USCIS to schedule an appointment for the interview.
I picked the day after tomorrow out of the dates she gave me.

The interview officer herself made a call and she sounded decent at least over the phone. I will let y'all you how it goes.

Congrats to those who got thru, stay strong those who are waiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news! Good luck with your interview!

By the way, I got my GC in the mail today :) How soon do I need to go to the Social Security Office to remove the work restrictions on my SS card?

Just a quick update on my case.

It has been about 5 weeks since they took my fingerprints and I was still waiting for my interview letter.
This morning I got a phone call from the USCIS asking me to schedule an appointment for the interview.

I picked the day after tomorrow out of the dates she gave me.
The interview officer herself made a call and she sounded decent at least over the phone. I will let y'all you how it goes.

Congrats to those who got thru, stay strong those who are waiting!

Last edited by a moderator:
interview

Hi guys,
today we had our interview,it lasted very long,about 25 minutes each(me and husband)
the officer was nice but at the end of interview she said she had to check security checks and other things such a bonafide marriage,and if nothing is wrong then she will approve it this week..however,she did not take our I-94's...we do not know how she will contact us..I have a question to all of you guys...
was your I-94 taken at the end of interview? what shall we do if our case will not change during this week?
any suggestion is appreciated...

chiexte leinster

Hi guys,
today we had our interview,it lasted very long,about 25 minutes each(me and husband)
the officer was nice but at the end of interview she said she had to check security checks and other things such a bonafide marriage,and if nothing is wrong then she will approve it this week..however,she did not take our I-94's...we do not know how she will contact us..I have a question to all of you guys...
was your I-94 taken at the end of interview? what shall we do if our case will not change during this week?

no she did not take any document
she just asked me some questions and she told me i will approve you today
at 5:15 i received the approval letter by email
just check your email between 5 pm - 6 pm (EST)
i think your status will change today

Hi guys,

HI Japakak
Don`t worry at all you will get it soon or later it dose not matter if they took the I-94 or not it will not make any diffidence
Can you please tell me which immigration office was your application and interviewed???:confused:

I wouldn't worry about the I-94.

Mine was taken and Oshin's wasn't. Her case has also progressed and a lot faster than mine. Now all you have to do is wait.

Good luck, you're almost there.

Hi guys,

Congrats Oshin ;)

I wouldn't wait on going to the SS office to remove the hold on your card. Perhaps you can give it a couple of days and go to avoid any issues of your GC not being updated on immigration's website etc.

That's good news! Good luck with your interview!

By the way, I got my GC in the mail today :) How soon do I need to go to the Social Security Office to remove the work restrictions on my SS card?

Yea, I still have my I-94. Not sure what to do with it. Tomorrow, I am going to see my university's international officer and HR person to adjust my status. I will most likely stop by the Social Security Office by the end of this week.

I am already tempted to find a part-time off-campus job (serving/bussing tables or whatever!) to earn the DOS and AOS fees back! But my Fall class schedule is going to be crazy busy :(

Cpo

Another update - my status just changed to CPO.

Oshin - are you keeping your I-20s etc.? Good luck finding an off campus job. I miss being in school. Those were good times :D

Yea, I still have my I-94. Not sure what to do with it. Tomorrow, I am going to see my university's international officer and HR person to adjust my status. I will most likely stop by the Social Security Office by the end of this week.

I am already tempted to find a part-time off-campus job (serving/bussing tables or whatever!) to earn the DOS and AOS fees back! But my Fall class schedule is going to be crazy busy :(

Good news, you should get your GC soon!

I'm keeping my I-20s, I-94, etc for now. I will check in with my university's DSO tomorrow for further directions on what to do.

Another update - my status just changed to CPO.

Oshin - are you keeping your I-20s etc.? Good luck finding an off campus job. I miss being in school. Those were good times :D

Jay2013,
I have just looked up into poverty guidelines, and based on it, you do not have to submit affidavit of support,however, I really suggest that you find a sponsor for both of your wife and daughter,since they are not working,thus do not have incomes.yes,single sponsor can fill out affidavit form for three of you. if you will be able to find couple of sponsors that would be even better..so do not restrict yourself to one sponsor..
there was one dv winner in 2011, who was on H1 visa. in his case, he has submitted I-134 forms for both of his wife and daughter...but your case is a bit different, you are on F1, F1's annual income is twice lesser than H1's, that is why I would suggest you to find a sponsor other than yourself..

Thank you very much Japakak for the information. I appreciate your help on my specific issue.

I-20's and such

Good news, you should get your GC soon!

I'm keeping my I-20s, I-94, etc for now. I will check in with my university's DSO tomorrow for further directions on what to do.

I was a F-1 too, and I kept all my I-20's. I scanned them and keep them in cloud storage along with all my important documents. I filed the originals in my fireproof case where I keep my car title, house deed, SS card and all those other important records. You won't EVER need them again for travel! It is a good idea keeping the originals in your house though.

I now travel only with my passport + GC + Driver's license. I still need to update my DL. They will extend it from 1 year to 8 years in my state. I have an appointment next week. Also, just so you know. the new SS card only took 5 working days after I applied for it. Keep in mind that they will keep the old one and destroy it.

Usually the DSO at your school will only scan the card and welcome letter. Mine asked me for my transcript as well in order to close my SEVIS record. Make sure it is closed before you travel to avoid any delays at the POE. Good Luck!

Website

My status changed back to Decision from CPO. I'm wondering if this is normal?

"On August 14, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."