• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

W/O interview

DV2011 and DV2010 had a few cases that got their GC approved without having to go through an interview...

I was wondering if anyone of the DV2012 winners had the same happen to them?????

Duuuuuuuuuuudes from Michigan (Detroit FO) have this opportunity ;).

Interview Letter

Hi guys

We are still waiting for the interview letter. this is gonna make me worried. :( hope to receive it soon.

Hi guys

We are still waiting for the interview letter. this is gonna make me worried. :( hope to receive it soon.

Don't worry if they are still available I'm sure you will get it. I only sent my 122 and fee today (I went to FedEx late last night but because of the DOS Missouri P.O. box FeDex could not send the fee, you have to go to the regular post office for that, for anyone wondering). So don't worry a lot of us have started very late in the game because of late notifications.

BTW you're exactly my age and I'm also on an F-1 and will try AOS. :)

Help Needed

Hi,
I am DV2013 selectee and I have an urgent question regarding SSN and A number. I have A number on my Work Authorization for work off campus,but I ended up not using it, because I got a job as TA at the University. After getting the job as TA, I got a SSN from the University. My Work Authorization has expired. My question is when I fill the forms should I use my SSN or my A number (expired) or both?
Thank you for your help.

Guys,

I know this has been asked before but just wanted to see what people here think. I got a traffic ticket a few weeks back for speeding - does it make sense to clear it (pay/traffic school etc.) before going for biometrics or does it not matter?

Thanks!

See whether any shoe/s in this list fits you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

or http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86942.pdf

No?...then no worries!!

Just pay that tkt and......... don't speed, just so for your own sake!

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
E-3 Late notice on 2012 DV selection

Hi guys,

Me again! I just started filling out all my forms and starting to get my documents together, medical exam is happening later this week.

I have a couple of questions hopefully you can help me out.

1. Can I send in the AOS package once ready (in a couple of days) or do I need to wait to hear back from KCC?
2. On form i-765 EAD, I have come to work here on a 0-2 and E-3, is the EAD just my visa approval? Or is this different?
3. Q.11. i-765 asks if I have received EAD before then which USCIS office granted it, the company I worked for went through a law firm so I don't know where to find that information out.
4. When it asks manner of last entry i-765 Q.14. is it ok to just put E-3 visa (temporary worker)

I'm sorry if these don't make sense or are dumb questions! Once again thank you everyone for all your help and hope!

-igs

07/12/2012 - Received DV selection notice
07/16/2012 - Sent DSP-122 form to KCC
07/17/2012 - Sent $330 AOS DV fee

Hey, in regards to your medical exam, is that something you can get done at any time you choose, you just take the form into the doc?

Also does anyone have any knowledge of how the vaccination info works? I have read the instructions and have probably received most if not all of the required vaccines but it was when I was a child and there is no record of it (like 25 years ago, handled by parents out in 'the sticks'). Can the civil surgeon handle this on the spot by giving a missing one to me or waiving ones that I've probably had? Just trying to minimise expensive appointments.

Cheers,

Jake

Hi guys,

Me again! I just started filling out all my forms and starting to get my documents together, medical exam is happening later this week.

1. Can I send in the AOS package once ready (in a couple of days) or do I need to wait to hear back from KCC?
2. On form i-765 EAD, I have come to work here on a 0-2 and E-3, is the EAD just my visa approval? Or is this different?
3. Q.11. i-765 asks if I have received EAD before then which USCIS office granted it, the company I worked for went through a law firm so I don't know where to find that information out.
4. When it asks manner of last entry i-765 Q.14. is it ok to just put E-3 visa (temporary worker)

I'm sorry if these don't make sense or are dumb questions! Once again thank you everyone for all your help and hope!

-igs

Hey, in regards to your medical exam, is that something you can get done at any time you choose, you just take the form into the doc?

Also does anyone have any knowledge of how the vaccination info works? I have read the instructions and have probably received most if not all of the required vaccines but it was when I was a child and there is no record of it (like 25 years ago, handled by parents out in 'the sticks'). Can the civil surgeon handle this on the spot by giving a missing one to me or waiving ones that I've probably had? Just trying to minimise expensive appointments.

Cheers,

Jake

You can have the medical exam anytime you want. The sealed envelop the civil surgeon gives you has to be mailed with your I-485 application form. There is a list of civil surgeons on the USCIS website. I went for one of them. I was in the same boat as you were (with a few of the vaccinations already done but with no proof). The civil surgeons will know what needs to be done. Explain to them your case in detail. They will advise you. Yes, it is an expensive affair. But I thought abt what I would be getting once done. So it was a piece of cake.

Good luck.

Hi guys,

-igs

1) What are you waiting for from KCC? You will need to wait for the Department of STate fee Recipet stamped from them so you can include it in your AOS package then You should send your AOS to USCIS right away.

2)I am not sure whats your question here? if you already are working and have a valid EAD, then how are you sending to get another one? if yours is still valid then you dont need a new one. Therfore there is no need for I-765.

3)check to see which FO is responsible for the zipcode area that your company is located at. Or you can just contact the lawyer office and check with them.
4) again if you came to the US on a work visa and you are currently on that as a E3 then you should already have a valid EAD and I dont see why you would need another one????

Thank you!

Oh! Thats why it didn't make sense! I thought I had to show all previos EAD/Visas I had received in the past. So this form is only if I am not employed right now? The E-3 expires in May 2013, so I thought I had to fill out the form for the green card/AOS.

So to confirm no need to send in 1-765 if I am currently on E-3?

Thanks for helping me!
-m

1) What are you waiting for from KCC? You will need to wait for the Department of STate fee Recipet stamped from them so you can include it in your AOS package then You should send your AOS to USCIS right away.

2)I am not sure whats your question here? if you already are working and have a valid EAD, then how are you sending to get another one? if yours is still valid then you dont need a new one. Therfore there is no need for I-765.

3)check to see which FO is responsible for the zipcode area that your company is located at. Or you can just contact the lawyer office and check with them.
4) again if you came to the US on a work visa and you are currently on that as a E3 then you should already have a valid EAD and I dont see why you would need another one????

Detroit FO

Hi guys
im reading this thread for 3 months but i could not post any thing, i dont know why!!!!
any ways ...
my FO is Detroit and here is my situation:

AOS process:
Case #:2012AS00049***

06/01/12. I-485 delivered
06/06/12. E-notification(E-mail)

06/09/12. I-797 received

06/29/12. Bio app received for 07/20

07/09/12: walk in Bio done

07/09/12: KCC transferred file to USCIS detroit office

i still didnt receive my IL
is it normal for Detroit?

Re. not being able to post I know what you're talking about. I had to email the forum moderators and finally got access to post after two weeks.

Re. the processing times for Detroit FO, I'm not sure. Check the spreadsheet maintained in the DV 2011 AOS thread and sort by Detroit - it might give you an idea of the processing times.

Hi guys
im reading this thread for 3 months but i could not post any thing, i dont know why!!!!
any ways ...
my FO is Detroit and here is my situation:

AOS process:
Case #:2012AS00049***

06/01/12. I-485 delivered
06/06/12. E-notification(E-mail)

06/09/12. I-797 received

06/29/12. Bio app received for 07/20

07/09/12: walk in Bio done

07/09/12: KCC transferred file to USCIS detroit office

i still didnt receive my IL
is it normal for Detroit?

Detroit

Re. not being able to post I know what you're talking about. I had to email the forum moderators and finally got access to post after two weeks.

Re. the processing times for Detroit FO, I'm not sure. Check the spreadsheet maintained in the DV 2011 AOS thread and sort by Detroit - it might give you an idea of the processing times.

Thanks for the reply
I already checked it
Its between 2-4 months and most of them approved with out interview!!!!

sea testdow

Hi Guys
Do you have any idea about the processing time for Pittsburgh FO?

Hi guys

After reading every things on this form and Google every where and check with my lawyer all DV lottery cases treated in different way in the FO it will have the priority before any kind of applications and the processing time and schedule in the USCIS not applied for the DV lottery winners i know the waiting killing us but you have to know every one submit his application will have Bio and interview letter soon or later and before 9/30/2012
;););)

Hi guys

After reading every things on this form and Google every where and check with my lawyer all DV lottery cases treated in different way in the FO it will have the priority before any kind of applications and the processing time and schedule in the USCIS not applied for the DV lottery winners i know the waiting killing us but you have to know every one submit his application will have Bio and interview letter soon or later and before 9/30/2012
;););)

Hopefully
Because i cant wait anymore...!

Oh! Thats why it didn't make sense! I thought I had to show all previos EAD/Visas I had received in the past. So this form is only if I am not employed right now? The E-3 expires in May 2013, so I thought I had to fill out the form for the green card/AOS.

So to confirm no need to send in 1-765 if I am currently on E-3?

Thanks for helping me!
-m

You seem to be confused!!! You are mixing two things here:

Yes you need to send copies of your EAD and previous visas with your i-485 application.

You DONOT need to file i-765 application because its only for "work permit, EAD, work authorization" and you already have a vlid one through May 2013.

Once your i-485 is approved and you get your green card then you dont need any EAD anymore because the green card give you the authorization to reside and work in USA.

You're Awesome! Thank you!

as44xxx Thank you! I was so confused, I was following another step to step guide but my circumstances are different to those of the guide!

You're awesome, thank you for getting back to me! Just waiting to get my receipt then I am good to send AOS!

best,
-ig

You seem to be confused!!! You are mixing two things here:

Yes you need to send copies of your EAD and previous visas with your i-485 application.

You DONOT need to file i-765 application because its only for "work permit, EAD, work authorization" and you already have a vlid one through May 2013.

Once your i-485 is approved and you get your green card then you dont need any EAD anymore because the green card give you the authorization to reside and work in USA.