• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Documents for interview

Hi everyone,

This is the list I was asked to bring,

1) Photo ID
2) Passport
3) Originals of all documents submitted with the application
4) Original & photocopies of dissolution of previous marriages
5) Original of birth certificate
6) Original & photocopies of children's birth certificates
7) Employment letter
8) W-2 (past 3 years)
9) I-134
10) Visa fee receipt from NVC
11) I-693 if not submitted with I-485
12) Any documents related to the application & benefit being sought

I know a few people here have received their IL. Have you guys been asked to produce a same/similar list of documents? The I-134 worries me, as I'm not sure I'll be able to find a sponsor. But after going through the forums it looks its requested of most applicants but not asked if you have enough income.

Interview Letter

Hi everyone,

1) Photo ID
2) Passport
7) Employment letter
8) W-2 (past 3 years)
9) I-134

I know a few people here have received their IL. Have you guys been asked to produce a same/similar list of documents? The I-134 worries me, as I'm not sure I'll be able to find a sponsor. But after going through the forums it looks its requested of most applicants but not asked if you have enough income.

Congrats...
Are you married? what is written for the reason of appointment for you?

Hi guys,
My husband is a PhD student, he has F1 visa. and I am on F2.My husband works as a Research assistant.
I have a question regarding the Form I-864. Who is a sponsor/ joint sponsor ? should my husband fill in the I-864 form? since I am not working, does that mean that my husband is my sponsor?
I am really confused about it...any help is appreciated..

Do not worry about I-864 unless indicated as a required document on your interview letter.

Hi guys,
My husband is a PhD student, he has F1 visa. and I am on F2.My husband works as a Research assistant.
I have a question regarding the Form I-864. Who is a sponsor/ joint sponsor ? should my husband fill in the I-864 form? since I am not working, does that mean that my husband is my sponsor?
I am really confused about it...any help is appreciated..

Do not worry about I-864 unless indicated as a required document on your interview letter.

I am not sure if it is required or not..
On the IL it is written this way:
Federal tax returns,W-2's,current letter of employment,and most recent pay check stub of the applicant. A sponsor/joint sponsor who qualifies under section 213 of the INA using an Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864A, must also submit Federal tax returns for the past three years, a current letter of employment,and proof of citizenship.

So, the infor regarding the I-864 was not highlighted in bold.does that mean that it might not be related specifically to our case?
The other thing that confuses me,is that I-864 can be filled only by US citizens or lawful permanent residents.However, my husband is a nonimmigrant. So may be he should fill and sign I-134 instead?
My last question: is it enough to fill and sign I-134 form?do we have to send it for the approval to USCIS or other official governmental authorities?

Please, help is needed :(((

Hi everyone,

1) Photo ID
2) Passport
7) Employment letter
8) W-2 (past 3 years)
9) I-134

Hi kgeorge,
first of all congratulations on receiving IL.
so it seems that you were asked to bring 12 documents with you..were those documents written in bold on your IL?was it directly stated to bring I-134?
we received IL too recently, and were asked to bring 6 documents.the most troublesome document seems to be the I-864 related one..it is not clearly stated and even not written in bold, however we think we might prepare affidavit of support...so we are confused whether it should be I-864 or I-134...

BEST

Hi rainyman
congratulations on receiving IL.
if it is ok for you,can you list the documents you were asked to bring with you to interview?were you asked to bring affidavit of support?either I-864 or I-134?
best

Hi rainyman
congratulations on receiving IL.
if it is ok for you,can you list the documents you were asked to bring with you to interview?were you asked to bring affidavit of support?either I-864 or I-134?
best

hey just do some work and read last two pages ( 37, 38 ) and you will find all information about I-864 or I-134

Nothing was indicated in bold in my IL. Did you have specific documents in bold and some that weren't? Perhaps this is something that varies from FO to FO.

Also, from what I've read in the forums the I-864 is not required for DV applicants. Perhaps the other forum members can give you guidance regarding this.

Also, please update your signature so its helpful to the rest of the forum members. Thanks :D

Hi kgeorge,
first of all congratulations on receiving IL.
so it seems that you were asked to bring 12 documents with you..were those documents written in bold on your IL?was it directly stated to bring I-134?
we received IL too recently, and were asked to bring 6 documents.the most troublesome document seems to be the I-864 related one..it is not clearly stated and even not written in bold, however we think we might prepare affidavit of support...so we are confused whether it should be I-864 or I-134...

BEST

Nothing was indicated in bold in my IL. Did you have specific documents in bold and some that weren't? Perhaps this is something that varies from FO to FO.

Also, from what I've read in the forums the I-864 is not required for DV applicants. Perhaps the other forum members can give you guidance regarding this.

Also, please update your signature so its helpful to the rest of the forum members. Thanks :D

yes, we had specific documents in bold, and some were not..from previous pages of this forum,I understood that I-864 is not related to dv cases, only the I -134 is needed if any affidavit of support is requested...However,I do not know whether my husband-primary applicant can fill out I-134 form for me...