• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

First try and I won! It seems so crazy that I dont even believe is an actual lottery. After all, they ask you what studies you have completed and I have a doctorate degree...
My number is 2012EU00004XXX. Is it good? I hope it is...
In any event, I am in the US with an F-1 OPT that expires next Feb.
I was so eager to adjust my status that I completed all the medicals and sent everything on Friday to Chicago. I also sent the $440 check to the Dept of State in Missouri.
Then, today I read this forum and I immediately sent the DSP 122 to the KCC with a cover letter, a copy of the barcode and two pictures.
Does anyone know what s gonna happen to me now? I guess they will reject my application in Chicago, right? Do they usually return all the documents to the applicant?
What s the status of a Lottery Winner between May and the actual grant of the Green Card? Is it necessary to keep good the current status?
When I learned I won the Lottery, the first thing i wanted to do is quitting my current job...

Totally understand what you feel, so dont worry, we have all been there, last year. So for now, it is good that you found the forum so you can read more. the documents that you sent to Chicago will be rejected and sent back to you, that doesnt mean that you are declined, it is just that you applied earlier than you suppose to, because the fiscal year will start on October 1st, 2011, so after that you can apply. Your number is pretty low so it will probably be current october or november this year, so not that much to wait, only then you can send the package. Till then you need to mantain your status at least till you send the package to Chicago and the application is accepted,but it is better to mantain your F1 status during the process, that what I did. Good luck and keep reading the forum, I suggest you to read the DV 2011 AOS forum as I was present there almost from the begining and we discussed everything you supposed to know about the process. Good luck.
P.S. DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB. (at least not yet)

First try and I won! It seems so crazy that I dont even believe is an actual lottery. After all, they ask you what studies you have completed and I have a doctorate degree...
My number is 2012EU00004XXX. Is it good? I hope it is...
In any event, I am in the US with an F-1 OPT that expires next Feb.
I was so eager to adjust my status that I completed all the medicals and sent everything on Friday to Chicago. I also sent the $440 check to the Dept of State in Missouri.
Then, today I read this forum and I immediately sent the DSP 122 to the KCC with a cover letter, a copy of the barcode and two pictures.
Does anyone know what s gonna happen to me now? I guess they will reject my application in Chicago, right? Do they usually return all the documents to the applicant?
What s the status of a Lottery Winner between May and the actual grant of the Green Card? Is it necessary to keep good the current status?
When I learned I won the Lottery, the first thing i wanted to do is quitting my current job...

Won DV lottery and don't know what to do

Hi everybody! I was selected as well :)
Actually, I didn't expected to be so lucky and I'm completly unprepared!
I want to do AOS, I'm in the US on a J-1 visa. If I've right understood, I have to wait till October 1st for my CN to be current (I'm European and I've got CN 4###) before I can send the I-485 form to USCIS.

Meanwhile, what do I have to do?
I've read in this forum people are sending DSP 122 to the KCC with a cover letter, a copy of the barcode and two pictures. Where do I find DSP 122 form? What should the cover letter say?
What else should I do while waiting?
I guess I should get all the following done by October, am I right?

1)Two passport-style photos
2)Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
3)Copy of government-issued photo identification
4)Copy of birth certificate
5)Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
6)Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
7)Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
8)Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
9)Applicable fees
10)Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
11)Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
12)Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
13)Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

I am not sure to understand, though.
For instance, what does biographic information mean?
What is number 3? Is it the passport photo?
Where should I do my medicals? What does it consist of?
Beside the diploma, do I need to provide copy of my Degree and Master?

I'm really confused.. :confused:

Thank you for all advice

Salut, incepe cu incetul sa citesti forumul Dv 2011 AOS ONLY, acolo vei gasi raspunsuri la toate intrebarile. Noi am discutat totul in detaliu acolo pentru anul fiscal 2011 si totul e valabil si anul asta. Succes.

Hi everybody! I was selected as well :)
Actually, I didn't expected to be so lucky and I'm completly unprepared!
I want to do AOS, I'm in the US on a J-1 visa. If I've right understood, I have to wait till October 1st for my CN to be current (I'm European and I've got CN 4###) before I can send the I-485 form to USCIS.

Meanwhile, what do I have to do?
I've read in this forum people are sending DSP 122 to the KCC with a cover letter, a copy of the barcode and two pictures. Where do I find DSP 122 form? What should the cover letter say?
What else should I do while waiting?
I guess I should get all the following done by October, am I right?

1)Two passport-style photos
2)Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
3)Copy of government-issued photo identification
4)Copy of birth certificate
5)Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
6)Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
7)Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
8)Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
9)Applicable fees
10)Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
11)Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
12)Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
13)Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

I am not sure to understand, though.
For instance, what does biographic information mean?
What is number 3? Is it the passport photo?
Where should I do my medicals? What does it consist of?
Beside the diploma, do I need to provide copy of my Degree and Master?

I'm really confused.. :confused:

Thank you for all advice

Hi feel
I am selected for DV2012. But i have faced some problem. Plz help me....

1. Can i submit DSP-122, DS-230, & 2 photo before 1st octobor 2011 ?
2. I was unmarried when i register for first time. But now i am married, Can i change my marital status in DSP-122, DS-230 form ?

Hi all

2. I was unmarried when i register for first time. But now i am married, Can i change my marital status in DSP-122, DS-230 form ?

1. You SHOULD send DSP-122, 2 photo, barcode (if you have it) to KCC as soon as possible. This way you notify them that you're planning to proceed with your case number. You also should send a $440 to DOS, but you can wait with it. Though you will need a payment receipt when you'll be sending AOS docs in October.

2. As long as if you married before DV results, I don't think there should be a problem. Just fill forms DSP-122 for each family member appropriately.

Hi all

1. Yes
2. Yes, you can. Make sure you submit copy of the marriage certificate/license along with the forms. I think even if you got married after the results were out, you should be fine.

Hi all

Affidavit of support question

Few questions here..
I'm planning to file for an affidavit of support. I'm an F1 student, so I have no income of my own. My sponsor is a US citizen.

1. If I file for an affidavit of support do I still need to show my own bank statement or sponsor's statement should be enough??
2. What exactly do I need from my sponsor? do I need his tax return documents or mortgage statement?
3. Do I need to show my own tax returns? I have no returns because I don't work.

Error Spelling Question

When i register for first time, I wrote a wrong spelling in my District name. Like: "Naogoan"
But original spelling is "Naogaon"
Can i change the wrong spelling in DSP-122 & DS-230 form?

Email KCC and make sure. I guess you can do that.

Error Spelling Question

When i register for first time, I wrote a wrong spelling in my District name. Like: "Naogoan"
But original spelling is "Naogaon"
Can i change the wrong spelling in DSP-122 & DS-230 form?

I think you can take I-134 with you on the interview date. While you file Form I-485, it is not needed, at least it is not in the list of required documents on the USCIS webpage. I would give it to IO on the day of the interview only if asked. If you submit I-134 I think the person should include his bank statements, tax returns, copy of his citizenship certificate or US passport.

Few questions here..
I'm planning to file for an affidavit of support. I'm an F1 student, so I have no income of my own. My sponsor is a US citizen.

1. If I file for an affidavit of support do I still need to show my own bank statement or sponsor's statement should be enough??
2. What exactly do I need from my sponsor? do I need his tax return documents or mortgage statement?
3. Do I need to show my own tax returns? I have no returns because I don't work.

2012AS00005xxx
I am currently in the US on a H1-B Visa and just found out that I have been selected for further processing of the DV2012.
I understand that I can do an AOS if I am eligible since I am already in the US. Here are my questions;
1. How do I know if I am eligible for an adjustment of status?
2. What should be my immediate next steps?
Any advice will be much appreciated thanks in advance!

I am curious, how did you *just* find out, since the status checker has been offline for several days? or are you just late posting?

If you are legally in under H1B and have never overstayed, remained in the US illegally, then you know you are eligible. For AOS, mail the barcode with DSP-122 and 2 photos to the KCC and wait for Step II

Thanks lordmuggins.. I am just late posting :) I have never been in the US illegally so I should be fine.
- Should I also submit form DS-230 for me and my wife with DSP-122 (She is on a H4 dependent Visa)?
- Can I submit these forms with the bar code immediately to KCC or do we have to wait till October?
- Is there any fee to be sent with forms DSP-122 & DS-230
Thanks again for your help!

You submit the forms immediately. No fee is sent; this is sent separately to another address (I'm not sure, as I haven't sent mine yet) of $440 per applicant (In your case, $880).

For AOS, technically DS-230 isn't needed. I sent it anyway. I believe you need separate forms for each person, though. You do need to make it clear who is the primary (winning) applicant. I'd double check on the dvselectee instructions website though.

Thank you Feel! So if I will have I-134 form from my sponsor, the proof of my own personal funds is not needed right?

I think you can take I-134 with you on the interview date. While you file Form I-485, it is not needed, at least it is not in the list of required documents on the USCIS webpage. I would give it to IO on the day of the interview only if asked. If you submit I-134 I think the person should include his bank statements, tax returns, copy of his citizenship certificate or US passport.