• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

I feel y'all

Hey mohkha,
You have done your bio two weeks earlier than me. I am already frustrated. I feel you.
Now I know my file is at the FO, I guess I will wait for one more week (6 weeks after bio) and go for an infopass.

Hey PPCK8,

I know how you feel. its been 9 weeks since my bio and I made an infopass for next week. I think the process is just slower for some of us, and depending on your FO, may already be swamped. My FO is the Los Angeles office, and the infopass I made for next week, I made last week because the slots are really full. If I were you, I would make a provisional infopass anyway so that you can secure your date, and then if you get your interview letter before then, cancel the infopass. A friend of mine who got his green card last year says appointments get really full this time of year.

We're almost there guys. Lets keep the faith and wait patiently.

Congratulations to those who have received their GC's, plus good luck to those of us still waiting for interviews..Just received a reply email from KCC that my file has been trasnferred:)around 13th july, which is the priority date.Online case status is in testing/interview..

the long wait is almost over!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Done :)

Hey guys,

I completed my interview this morning. Here is how it went:

I was in an office with 2 female officers. One who is the interviewer, and the other was an officer in training who was just observing. Both of them were really nice. First, they asked for my id. I gave them my passport. Then we did the oath statement. The main officer reviewed my I-485 page by page, verifying the information I entered, and all the security questions at the end. She asked me if I have always been in status, I said yes, and showed her all my I-20s (which the officer in training took and made copies).

One funny thing: She asked me what I am doing my PhD in, and I said psychology. And she said, "Oh, so can you tell us what could possibly cause the crazy shooting at the movie theatre? I just smiled, and before I could say anything, the two officers started their own short conversation about the shooting event :rolleyes:

She then asked me for my birth certificate to verify my name and birthdate on the DV application. She also had a DV checklist, which had a list of required documents. A few things that she was looking for to check off some of the boxes were: My DOS receipt, tax returns (she made copies too). She didn't ask me for my high school certificate. She just checked that box that says minimum high school qualification and said to the other officer, "she has more than that, so it's a yes." They didn't ask me for the I-134 or my graduate assistantship employment letter.

The officer also told me that for the past XX (I don't remember the number) years she has been working as an immigration officer, this is her first DV case, and thanked me for giving her the experience ;) She said she did some DV research on her own. I noticed she had May and August Visa Bulletin in my file. At the end, she said that my documents look fine, and she will make a decision by the end of the day. But first she need to check with a senior officer, since it's her first DV case, about which option to check in one particular item on the DV checklist and to check with DOS for visa availability. She said she doubt that DOS will be out of visas.

I haven't seen any changes on my online status yet. She said the decision will be sent to me in the mail. So I'll hoping for good news either through status change online or through the mail in the next few days. I'll keep you all updated.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!!

Decision!

Ok, right after I submitted my last post, I checked my email and this is what I found. Does this mean that I am approved? :confused:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On August 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Congratulations

Congratulations....you are a permanent resident of USA

Celebrate and have some good time...The wait is over :cool:

Ok, right after I submitted my last post, I checked my email and this is what I found. Does this mean that I am approved? :confused:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On August 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Great

Oshin,

It means that you got it. Congrats my friend. Looks like your FO is as fast as mine.

congratulations

Congratulations Oshin. We have almost the same history (grad school psychology). I'm glad that your interview went really well. Welcome to being a LPR. Waiting to cross the finish line too :) all the best.

Updates

A few updates about my case:

I did my interview on June 27 and the case has been still in Acceptance.

Did an infopass two weeks after interview and got notified that my case is pending background check.

Did another infopass yesterday and was told that background check got cleared after almost 60 days from
bio-metric, and that they are waiting for my KCC file and upon receiving it I should hear something in coming two weeks.

Called KCC today and realized that the file has been sent to my FO last week.

Waiting 60 days to get cleared from back ground checks was really exhausting.
Anyway being an Iranian, this long waiting was not unusual.

Thanks!

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that the notice means I'm approved. It's been a crazy journey with lots to anticipate. Initially when I found out (late) about my selection, I was anxious! I'm so blessed that the process was timely and that my FO is pretty efficient. I am thankful for everyone's support and advice throughout the process. I couldn't have done it without all of you. I must say, this is one amazing support group! :D

Congratulations. Now you can have a couple of beers and relax ;)

P.S - If you drink beer that is :p

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that the notice means I'm approved. It's been a crazy journey with lots to anticipate. Initially when I found out (late) about my selection, I was anxious! I'm so blessed that the process was timely and that my FO is pretty efficient. I am thankful for everyone's support and advice throughout the process. I couldn't have done it without all of you. I must say, this is one amazing support group! :D

Congrats!

Thanks. I don't drink beer, but was just at a brewery tour earlier this afternoon and had a couple sips ;) But that was before knowing the decision. I'll have a celebration once I get the card!

Good luck with your interview tomorrow, kgeorge. Let us know how it goes!

Congratulations. Now you can have a couple of beers and relax ;)

P.S - If you drink beer that is :p

Hey PPCK8,

I know how you feel. its been 9 weeks since my bio and I made an infopass for next week. I think the process is just slower for some of us, and depending on your FO, may already be swamped. My FO is the Los Angeles office, and the infopass I made for next week, I made last week because the slots are really full. If I were you, I would make a provisional infopass anyway so that you can secure your date, and then if you get your interview letter before then, cancel the infopass. A friend of mine who got his green card last year says appointments get really full this time of year.

We're almost there guys. Lets keep the faith and wait patiently.

theaos, thanks for the tip, after reading it I made an appointment ahead of time. I hope everything goes smooth and you get a satisfying explanation at your infopass. OR better yet you find your IL in mail tomorrow. Either way fingers crossed!

And Oshin, congrats! Nothing is more encouraging than seeing people on this board getting their status approved.

theaos, thanks for the tip, after reading it I made an appointment ahead of time. I hope everything goes smooth and you get a satisfying explanation at your infopass. OR better yet you find your IL in mail tomorrow. Either way fingers crossed!

And Oshin, congrats! Nothing is more encouraging than seeing people on this board getting their status approved.

No problem PPCK8. I hope the same for you too. I look forward to celebrating with you when we get our GCs

Hi everyone!

I had my interview this morning in Boston. It was very quick, like everyone else she went over the I-485 questions and looked over the original copy of my birth certificate and I-20. Did not ask for affidavit of support but did ask for my EAD because when I filed I was still working. I told her that my internship ended right after i filed so she checked the dates and then moved on to the i-485 questions.
After the interview she told me to wait outside for the approval letter and if I have to travel before I get the GC, I need to bring airline ticket and approval letter and they'll stamp my passport so I can leave the country.

As people can see in my signature, I have waited 3 months since my bio for this. Some FOs send interview letters before background check clears and others wait for it to be done. My FO did the latter. So people that are still waiting for interviews don't panic, it could just be that your name check is taking longer. I believe in infopasses and service requests if your file is reaching the end of normal processing times for your field office. Take advantage if those two options especially now that we are a month and a half away from September 30th.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to newly PRs!

what the officer toled me at the end of my interview?

Sure buddy, What did the officer tell you? Our officer told that I have too check visa availability, and review documents, and also she told that she has to check if background check has been finished or not! I am really worried...we supposed to receive the welcome letter by then...

hi rainyman,
the officer toled me that he ganna approve my application and update me by mail.

case status changed from acceptance to post decision activity!!!

hello everyone,
As i started getting worried, i made an inforpass for today, called the KCC to aske about my file and checked my online case status.

my file was transfered to the FO from KCC on Augest, 2nd.

my online status changed for the first time. from acceptance to post decition activity. and i end up canceling my infopass for today.

"Post Decision Activity
On August 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

am i in a good shape or it could be eighter way? :confused:
thank you all.