• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

nothibng yet

Tomorrow will be full one week after our interview and still waiting for an update on the website, xrj, did you get something? we are really worried...

hello rainyman, i have not recieved anything yet. Please keep me posted if you recieve anything, and i will do the same.

hello rainyman, i have not recieved anything yet. Please keep me posted if you recieve anything, and i will do the same.

Sure buddy, What did the officer tell you? Our officer told that I have too check visa availability, and review documents, and also she told that she has to check if background check has been finished or not! I am really worried...we supposed to receive the welcome letter by then...

xrj & rainy, what are your FOs?

Sure buddy, What did the officer tell you? Our officer told that I have too check visa availability, and review documents, and also she told that she has to check if background check has been finished or not! I am really worried...we supposed to receive the welcome letter by then...

Where are my files?

My biometrics is done one month ago, and still waiting for the Interview Letter.
How do you find out whether or not the FO has requested my files? Who to ask, USCIS, KCC, or FO (Infopass)?

guys is it possible that all the visas for DV 2012 are issued and they dont have any more visa?

There is a clear disclaimer on the visa bulletin under the Diversity Visa section.
"DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2012 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30."

While it is possible, I think (and strongly hope) that this is not happening.
The DV2012 winners who didn't even know they won were just notified several weeks ago.
USCIS has never done this at this time of the physical year before (...right? everyone?) and to me it looks like the winners are being encouraged to take this advantage.

me too my biometrics is done on June 21st and no IL so far

My biometrics is done one month ago, and still waiting for the Interview Letter.
How do you find out whether or not the FO has requested my files? Who to ask, USCIS, KCC, or FO (Infopass)?

There is a clear disclaimer on the visa bulletin under the Diversity Visa section.
"DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2012 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30."

The DV2012 winners who didn't even know they won were just notified several weeks ago.
USCIS has never done this at this time of the physical year before (...right? everyone?) and to me it looks like the winners are being encouraged to take this advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
one of my friend have had their interview 2 weeks ago in Iowa, and since then nothing has changed in her status.. and now we have rainyman and xrj waiting... so I am afraid to tell but I think we are running out of visas, or even there might be no more visa available anymore..
I hope there are visas available to all of us :(((

Dear Friends,
I don't think it''s gonna happen (running out of visas), one of this forum's member had his/her interview on July 30 and he has not got anything till now, but one of the other had his on July 31, but he got updates and cpo status, but ours... I think we have to wait to see what will happen, I don't even want to think about visa availability...becasue it's not going to happen...

PPCK8: I called KCC about 2-3 weeks ago and they told me the exact date that my file was transferred to my FO. Perhaps you can try calling them too.

I hope the DV visa is still available! Sounds like many people were not aware earlier about their selection (due to the May 1st error), and was just notified, so I am assuming that there are still more available.

My interview is tomorrow - so I will update you guys about my process soon. Fingers crossed!

I agree with Oshin - a) the late notification to several DV'12 people who didn't know they won because of May'11 error with the results b) August '12 visa bulletin and c) take a look at our DV '12 thread, way less posts and participation compared to last year - while this is in no way is proportional to how many visas might be left, they are pretty good indicators in my opinion.

Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time. I hope we all get our green cards soon.

@ Oshin, good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes, mine is day after :)

PPCK8: I called KCC about 2-3 weeks ago and they told me the exact date that my file was transferred to my FO. Perhaps you can try calling them too.

I hope the DV visa is still available! Sounds like many people were not aware earlier about their selection (due to the May 1st error), and was just notified, so I am assuming that there are still more available.

My interview is tomorrow - so I will update you guys about my process soon. Fingers crossed!

Check out hopeful2012's signature - it does 2-3ish weeks sometimes.

Hang in there guys.

jakeisstoked

You can actually send a single MO for $1070.00 ($985.00 + $85.00). No need for separate MOs.

I believe photos are required. I sent two.

Hope things move faster for you.

2012AS00058XXX

07/15 - Selected
07/19 - 122 and 230 Sent to KCC
07/20 - Packaged Arrived at KCC

04/15 - Visa Bulletin (Current in June 2012)
05/15 - Medical Done
05/18 - $330.00 Mailed (DV Fee)
05/22 - Received Medical Report from the Civil Surgeon
05/26 - Received DV Fee Paid Receipt
05/30 - AOS Package Sent To Chicago Lockbox
06/01 - AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
06/08 - NOA from USCIS on AOS Package Receipt
07/03 - Biometrics Letter for 7/26/2012
07/03 - Call from USCIS to Schedule Interview on 07/09/2012
07/09 - Interview and Biometrics Done
07/26 - Case Status Online (Acceptance )
07/30 - Received the Welcome Notice in Mail + Case Status Online (Card/Doc Production) :)

Availability

I also think that DV visa's are still available and they will not exhausted this year as many ppl received notification for their lottery win of 2012. Don't worry you will get it soon or late. I did my interview on July 31 and the officer did not even bring visa availability into discussion. I am sure all of you will get visa pretty soon.

Good luck in your interview buddy

Good Luck!

Good luck in your interview my friend! You will be fine!

Welcome Leter Received

Just an update:
We received a welcome letter yesterday and also online status changed to "Card Production".

Oshin,
Thanks. I just called KCC and they told me that the file is already at my FO!

kgeorge,
Good point, I never noticed that. 2011 & 2010 have way more pages than this forum.

Anyway you two, good luck!

me too my biometrics is done on June 21st and no IL so far

Hey mohkha,
You have done your bio two weeks earlier than me. I am already frustrated. I feel you.
Now I know my file is at the FO, I guess I will wait for one more week (6 weeks after bio) and go for an infopass.