• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice, Strictly_Analog. That was helpful. The more I read about it, the more I am reluctant to get some random friend to"pretend" they are my sponsor. I'll take a couple more days to think about this issue and decide what I should do :)

Hello Oshin,

I was a F-1 student when I had my interview. I didn't bother filling out the I-134 and didn't have any trouble with my case. I was approved the same day.

The lady that did my interview was VERY meticulous and went through my passports PAGE by PAGE. She asked me extensively about my trips abroad and biographical information (major, school, etc). What was shocking to me was that she barely glanced at the winning letter, the DOS fee receipt or the medical report!

Her main concern was to establish that I had been on-status all the years that I have been living in the U.S. I've been living here 11 years. First as a L-2, then as a F-1 and finally as a U.S. Permanent Resident :). I start graduate school in 3 weeks so I got the GC just in time for that! :)

If I may offer you some advice: Please try to stay calm and collected during the interview. Enunciate your answers clearly and don't be afraid of asking the officer to repeat her or himself if you mishear a question. Good Luck!

Well I just called KCC and they said they received my payment on 24th and I will get the receipt back in 1-2 weeks. I have sent them with the overnight mail stamped letter. It should take 1 day at most. I don't get it.
She also said that I definitely need receipt, USCIS will not process my case without that for sure. So I guess I'll wait.
Or how long it takes to realize that it is rejected, if it is going to be rejected in 2 weeks, i'll prefer to wait, because I can send it with the receipt next week. In other case I will wait longer to see if it is rejected or not, then send it back.

Mehrdad,

What are you saying? He is 2012 winner and he has to file his application ASAP. October 1st is when he no longer can apply!!!! ai134, I would suggest you to send you i485 to chicago lockbox immediately and not wait for dv fee receipt. In the case that you application gets rejected, you can file again but be aware that the clock is running.

:)

Dear Friends,
My wife and I had our interview yesterday in NOLA!
It took maybe around 5-10 minute. The woman was really nice to us and didn't ask anything, just checked the info on i-485 an original documents such as passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, ID's, and also asked if we have anything showing shared life such as apartment lease and bank statement, and what we are doing now! (we are F-1 student). She didn't take our I-94, anything, but our online status have not changed yet. Do we have to check with number starts with MSC? she said she has to check if visa is available and if the background check has completed or not, also she said she has to review everything. I asked how long it's gonna take and she said about 2 weeks!! Is there anything to be worried about? I am a little worry...how you all will have great interview and all will be green soon...

fingers crossed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats rainy! Yes, you can track your case status using the MSC# for the 485 application. Keep us updated on how your case progresses.

Good luck :D

Dear Friends,
My wife and I had our interview yesterday in NOLA!
It took maybe around 5-10 minute. The woman was really nice to us and didn't ask anything, just checked the info on i-485 an original documents such as passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, ID's, and also asked if we have anything showing shared life such as apartment lease and bank statement, and what we are doing now! (we are F-1 student). She didn't take our I-94, anything, but our online status have not changed yet. Do we have to check with number starts with MSC? she said she has to check if visa is available and if the background has completed or not, also she said she has to review everything. I asked how long it's gonna take and she said about 2 weeks!! Is there anything to be worried about? I am a little worry...how you all will have great interview and all will be green soon...

finger crossed :)

Interview Experience

We had our interview at around 2:00pm yesterday. It was really very very short. She didn't really ask for anything extra except the diplomas of my husband. At the end, she kept out H1B, H4 and I94's and said, "once we get the visa I will approve your case". I know they keep our I94 but is it normal she keep our H1B and H4. Online status just changed to "decision" this evening. That's about it. Really hope to see our green card in the mail soon.

We had our interview at around 2:00pm yesterday. It was really very very short. She didn't really ask for anything extra except the diplomas of my husband. At the end, she kept out H1B, H4 and I94's and said, "once we get the visa I will approve your case". I know they keep our I94 but is it normal she keep our H1B and H4. Online status just changed to "decision" this evening. That's about it. Really hope to see our green card in the mail soon.

Hi Bimas,

Congratulations! Were you the primary applicant (DV winner) or your husband?

Pryanik :)

hi

guys
check out this website
when i enter my uncle's case number it says:
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Issued
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2012AS53*** 01 ANK
Case Creation Date: 02-Nov-2010
Response Date: 01-Aug-2012

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

Online status

Dear Friends,
48 hours is passed till our interview, but nothing has changed online...I'm worried about it, is that possible that nothing changes online but you get the welcome letter and gc?!!
please advise

iticsmi must

rainyman999,

I guess it depends on the officer interviewed you. Ours changed 7 hours after interview and went to card production while it went back yesterday to decision.

Dear Friends,
48 hours is passed till our interview, but nothing has changed online...I'm worried about it, is that possible that nothing changes online but you get the welcome letter and gc?!!
please advise

DV lottery winner 2013

I have few question regarding AOS.

I am in USA since 2007 currently I am on H1B visa with my wife H4. How should I get police records and from where? Does my wife also need to get police records.?Also shall i do my medicals now because my case number in low in 6xxx.
Currently staying in USA.
Citizen in India.
Birth place: Dubai.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 days after interview and nothing changed in my status

hello everyone,
it has been three days since i did the interview. i think i was approved during the interview but i have been checking my case status online every 4 hours and nothing changed. it is still in the acceptance stage. i started to get worried. any idea of what might by the reason??? thank you all. :)

I don't think there's a standard process. When I check my application on the USCIS website it says its in the "Testing & Interview" phase.

I'm sure your applications will be updated soon and your GCs and Welcome Letters will be on the way. In the DV '11 thread there were folks who had to wait 1-2 weeks for a change to "Decision" on the website.

hello everyone,
it has been three days since i did the interview. i think i was approved during the interview but i have been checking my case status online every 4 hours and nothing changed. it is still in the acceptance stage. i started to get worried. any idea of what might by the reason??? thank you all. :)

I have few question regarding AOS.

I am in USA since 2007 currently I am on H1B visa with my wife H4. How should I get police records and from where? Does my wife also need to get police records.?Also shall i do my medicals now because my case number in low in 6xxx.
Currently staying in USA.
Citizen in India.
Birth place: Dubai.

Salam Brother Ahmed
you don`t need to get police record at all instead you will do Biometric her in USA which is finger print and photo in Application Support Center and that will assign to you after you submit your AOS to the USCIS both of you will do Biometric.

Regarding the medicals its preferred to do it before you submit your application you have to keep watch the visa bulletin if your number will be current in OCT you can submit your application not earlier than 10/1/2012 and you can do your Medicals in September

Dos receipt

Anyone knows how to contact Dos for visa receipt ?any contact numbers to reach them directly ?

Hi guys
I have a question for those who were asked for Federal tax return,pay check stubs documents for the interview..
do you know where can I get copy of federal tax returns for the past years?and how many pay check stubs have you taken with you for the interview?is it the most recent one?
BEST