• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

congratulation

congratulation kuhananth! can you tell me in which lottery you won and for how many year are you play?Please tell me i like to play in the lottery thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
First nl recvd:27/05/10
cn:2011eu00012xxx
forms sent to kcc:06/06/10
kcc confirm forms:08/10
interview date 06/01/2011
my question is:did anybody get a visa with work experience and how do that?
Because i don't have 4 years hight school (just 3 years) so i must with work experience go to the embassy.please if anybody now tell me.
God is with me.....................................................

WOW! I had a heavy day today! My interview was today at the US embassy in Paris, Everything went well, I had all my documents and everything, the consul asked me basic questions like "why I want to go to the US, ect...." then at the end she told me that everything was fine BUT....
my high school diploma looked suspicious (indeed it was a colour copy!!!!) I gave her the original transcripts, she took it and done a copy, but she came back and told me I still have to send her back the original diploma or an "attestation de reussite" from "Education Nationale", then they will send me back my passport by mail with the VISA as soon as they receive it.
Now I thought that a copy with the original transcript would be OK, but apparently it wasn't, I had to ask my parents to send me ASAP the original through the post, and also ask for an "attestation of reussite" at the national education.

I was so sad but at the same time happy to know that I had everything else right in term of documentation,
I will keep you guys updated anyway :) pray for me

Hi! sista_mai
Great News. Good luck in USA.
God is great,he will do everything for his children and made us dvlottery winners.

First nl recvd:27/05/10
cn:2011eu00012xxx
forms sent to kcc:06/06/10
kcc confirm forms:08/10
interview date 06/01/2011
my question is:did anybody get a visa with work experience and how do that?
Because i don't have 4 years hight school (just 3 years) so i must with work experience go to the embassy.please if anybody now tell me.
God is with me................................................ .....

I just got this by email this morning from the US embassy:

Dear Ms. B******,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. We have received your original high school diploma. Your case is complete and is waiting like any other case to be reviewed by a Consular Officer. As you are aware, it may take up to 10 working days for us to process your visa. Therefore, you should get your passport, visa and immigration package by the end of the next week via Chonopost.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France

I'm so thankful and grateful for that huge blessing!!!! Thanks to the Lord, Thanks for His love and his Grace, Thanks for He gave us back our lives!!!

Dear Ms. B******,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. We have received your original high school diploma. Your case is complete and is waiting like any other case to be reviewed by a Consular Officer. As you are aware, it may take up to 10 working days for us to process your visa. Therefore, you should get your passport, visa and immigration package by the end of the next week via Chonopost.
Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France

I'm so thankful and grateful for that huge blessing!!!! Thanks to the Lord, Thanks for His love and his Grace, Thanks for He gave us back our lives!!!

Yeah Sista!!!!!!
Awesome news. Congrats again!

Dear Ms. B******,

Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France

Wao!!!!

This is indeed the Lords doing.He has done what he has promised to do.

Thank God for his faithfulness upon your life and all of us here on this forum.

For all of us still awaiting interviews,the good Lord in his infinite mercy will grant us that uncommon favour in jesus name,AMEN

Forumites,

please let remember ALL of us in our daily prayers that God should never depart from from all of us,AMENNN.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US.

IT IS WELL WITH ALL OF US,AMEN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ sista_mai

God who has done this, to Him be glory, honour and praise now and forever! We are happy for you and rejoices with you. Congrats and God bless!

Dear Ms. B******,

Regards,
Immigrant Visas
Paris-France

Hi! Sista_Mai

Great news! I am so happy about you. Once again good luck. God is great,praise the lord.
We always must keep faith in god,he will do the best for us.

Case number - 2011AS00019XXX(SRI LANKA)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
Police Clearance - Received on 31st October 2010 from us embassy of sri lanka.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.
Interview Date - waiting.

Hi! Sista_Mai

Great news! I am so happy about you. Once again good luck. God is great,praise the lord.
We always must keep faith in god,he will do the best for us.

Case number - 2011AS00019XXX(SRI LANKA)
1NL received in july 2010(Through Email)
Forms sent to kcc by dhl on 16th of august-2010
DHL confirmed delivery on 18th august-2010
KCC confirmed receipht of forms by 25th of august 2010 through email message.
I was told by KCC on 17th November 2010 that, my aplication is completed pocessing and waiting for the allocation of visa interview.
2NL - waiting.
Interview Date - waiting.

Dear Lasantha

What do you mean by this

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

Dear Lasantha

What do you mean by this

Hi! Nalin
I applied for police clearance through us embassy- sri lanka website and sent my details by email to them as per their request. I received the letter on 31st of october 2010(it took around six weeks) As us embassy will apply for the police clearance behalf of us. Original letter was posted by them to my sri lanka address and a copy was sent to me through email as an attachment.
Since, i applied for the police clearance i am living in dubai-UAE.
But i will be having my visa interview in us embassy-sri lanka. I sent another email this week requesting whether this letter will be applicable for my visa interview or else i have to apply again as i am expecting my visa interview in month of may and waiting for their reply.

dv-2011 winners from srilanka

Hi! Nalin
I applied for police clearance through us embassy- sri lanka website and sent my details by email to them as per their request. I received the letter on 31st of october 2010(it took around six weeks) As us embassy will apply for the police clearance behalf of us. Original letter was posted by them to my sri lanka address and a copy was sent to me through email as an attachment.
Since, i applied for the police clearance i am living in dubai-UAE.
But i will be having my visa interview in us embassy-sri lanka. I sent another email this week requesting whether this letter will be applicable for my visa interview or else i have to apply again as i am expecting my visa interview in month of may and waiting for their reply.

Your interview will be held in month of April .Because Ur case No 19XXX Feb visa bulletin says : March cut off 17200.... So ..

My interview experience

I apologise to d house 4 nt posting my interview experience early enough, i have been travelling from one place to another.
I got to the embassy at abt 6.03a.m., at this time, a lot of people has already gathered (immigrants and non immigrants) Around 6:30a.m. a security guard came with announcement concerning items that are prohibited (any sharp object, make-up of any type for ladies, cream, any electronic device, even mirror is not allowed in.), I quickly asked, how abt car keys?, and he answered ignorantly, car keys re allowed. Thereafter, queues were formed for Immigrant and Non Immigrant and we moved in through a gate where we submitted our interview notification letter and we were given nos and a contact slip plus another slip for payment. Security check was conducted after which We were led into the main consular building where payments were made and receipt collected. We then proceeded into the main where we were asked to sit down and wait 4 our nmbrs to be called. Later, i was called by a Nigerian Woman to submit my documents which i did. By this time,the Non- immigrants were already undergoing their interview. I cld see the windows clearly. Window 9 was a huge White beard American guy who is easy & undastndin. Window 10 was a an average White American guy who was slightly harsh & strict. Window 11 was a black American guy who was calm and very nice and Window 12 was a White American lady
who is also a bit sensitive but nice. At about 10.45a.m y number was called by the black American guy, i already saw him going through my documents. This was what transpired;

Me...Good morning Sir
CO...Good morning
CO...raise ur right hand and
promise to say the truth
Me... I promise to say the truth
CO …Place ur 4 finger on the
scanner(thumb prints) ?
Me ...I did
CO…U re here bcos u were
selected for further processing?
Me...Yes Sir
CO:…Are this your forms(showing me d forms i sent to KCC)
Me…Yes Sir
CO…Sign them
Me…Signed
CO…what is your highest qualification?
Me...Bachelors Degree
CO..In what
Me... Blah blah blah
CO…from which school?
Me…Blah blah blah
CO...Did u do a project in your final
year and what is the topic?
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...Come again
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...Can u explain what that means?
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...Ok
CO...So tell me abt it
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...What re the courses u did in your final year?
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...Tel me abt Agric. Development
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...Ok, what other courses did u do
Me...Told him
CO...Tel me abt Natural resource Economics
Me...Blah blah blah
CO…What kind of job do u intend 2 do in d U.S.
Me...Blah blah blah
CO...(Typing while i was talking)U will have 2 come back next week 4 ur Visa
Me...Thank u
CO...(Went to d printer and brought a white pick up letter)Go to dis address on Feb 1st to pick ur visa
Me... Thank you
CO …Good luck

Note: If u belong to this forum, u re already successful.

Some Flops
A couple really flopped bcos d Principal applicant cldnt defend his WAEC result, jst a simple question; which subject was most difficulj 4u 2 prepare for?, he replied Geography & d CO said y was Geography difficult to prepare for, then he replied, it wasnt difficult.
CO...but u said Geography was difficult
PA...No
CO...Asked again(abt 20 times) The same thing kept on happening. Infact, he didnt take Geography
CO...U need 2 prove 2 me u wrote dis WAEC yourself. Come back nxt week

I thank everyone in d house for ur support & prayers.May Allah bless u all.