• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

i reside in the US..i have not received any letter yet ..ive seen people from different countries received their notification letter..and i being in the US not received it yet so does that meani am disqualified

You will definitely know July 1 - you can check the website then. Good Luck

alimthobani...I also live in US and still waiting for NL. I know how frustrating it can be to see other people who live outside US getting theirs and not you. We will def know on July 1st. Don't lose hope. Good luck!

thank u so much guys for giving me some hope..though i keep checking my mail box every day. . hope we all get the magical letter soon..

Hey all,

I am new on this forum and I participated to DV-2011 in October for the first time as I am finally about to finish my studies. Applying before would not have been useful as I could not have moved due to my university.

I read all your info here and founf it very interesting. Unfortunately I guess it's too late for me as I am from Belgium, I took part in the European drawing. We are on May 28 and I haven't received anything ; as I read they are done for the African and European envelope sending and are now moving onto Asia :(

Anyway I'll be up for DV-2012 :). Also, all your lovely messages wery really nice and I was so happy for thise who actually won. It cheered me up especially today as I am stuck in bed with a pretty bad angina.

Hope the best for all of you!

tyty20 don't give up until you can check your status online on july 1st. Sorry to hear of your angina..take care of yourself.

Hey all,

...We are on May 28 and I haven't received anything ; as I read they are done for the African and European envelope sending and are now moving onto Asia :(

were did you read that? is it official? no, i don´t think so!

what are the likely question they might ask you in respect to people you know in the u.s if you won the dvlottery?

were did you read that? is it official? no, i don´t think so!

It was not written anywhere and obviously there is nothing official, only guesses.

I was just trying to count people reporting they have won and read most of the European winners received their notification earlier this month but maybe they are pausing or the letters are just waiting to be sent or whatever.

Everybody will be sure on July 1, now we can just try to guess.

2011 Winner

Hi all,

To my great surprise i have been selected for the 2011 DV lottery.

Just a couple of quick questions.

I believe i received my letter dated 3rd of May around the middle of May.
I have all required documentation filled in and ready to go right now.
I would like to send it tomorrow 1st of June; express 1st class from London, UK.

For those knowledgable about this, is this a late response, i think the NL sat in my letter box for a week while i was away.

My case number seems really low 2011OC00000***. What does this mean?

Can anyone indicate whether i should be braced for disappointment (due to delay) or am i still well placed in regards to time line?

Finally, the NL is missing my second middle name as it appears on my original documentation but i have included this name on all my documents being sent to KCC along with a covering letter explaining it why it is missing (was neglected due to the online form i used to submit the DV entry) and my intention to have this issue corrected by them.

Can i send documentation like this, without fearing disqualification or should i get specific instructions from KCC? I have already emailed them, but time is ticking so i am keen to get this state side asap.

Also, i keep hearing about the visa bulletin? What is it? What does it mean? What can it tell me about my CN?

Insight appreciated.

A

Last edited by a moderator: