• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

I received my notification letter a month ago. I live in the U.S already with my family on an F-1 visa and my wife has H-1B. My number is .....xxxx..42, people say it's a good number. (1). My question is how do i go about filing for the Green Card? (2). How much do lawyers charge as fees to do this? (3). When should the petition be filed? Thanks all. Alex

Congratulations on the NL! What's your region?

I received my notification letter a month ago. I live in the U.S already with my family on an F-1 visa and my wife has H-1B. My number is .....xxxx..42, people say it's a good number. (1). My question is how do i go about filing for the Green Card? (2). How much do lawyers charge as fees to do this? (3). When should the petition be filed? Thanks all. Alex

Congratulations! Read this thread for more info.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?215048-DV-winners-please-read-this-first-!-General-Info

Good Day!

I received my NL on 20-May-2010. Case num is 2011AS0023XXX. I have one issue in my DV application - put a wrong day against spouse birthday. year and month are correct but day was put as 18 instead of 11. Can anyone advise whether this will make the application rejected? Does anyone have similar case like mine?

I am from Burma and currently living in Australia. Really excited to receive NL but feeling worried about the DOB issue.

Tnx in advance....

Good Day!

I received my NL on 20-May-2010. Case num is 2011AS0023XXX. I have one issue in my DV application - put a wrong day against spouse birthday. year and month are correct but day was put as 18 instead of 11. Can anyone advise whether this will make the application rejected? Does anyone have similar case like mine?

I am from Burma and currently living in Australia. Really excited to receive NL but feeling worried about the DOB issue.

Tnx in advance....

I believe your application will be disqualified at the interview....

Hello friends! I know someone here has all the answers to my questions because you are all talented and experienced.
Situation:
I am a naturalized US citizen and I filed Green Card for my brother 2 1/2 years ago. It got approved by USCIS and the application is pending at National Visa Center.
My brother's wife (from NEPAL) happen to get NL first letter for 2011 lottery (2011AS000045**) couple days ago. They were married when she filed the application and he is listed as her spouse. Few months ago; they had a beautiful baby boy.

Questions:
• What should I do about the case I filed for my brother? Since I filed for my brother under family category; does the lottery gets nullified? I hope not ;)
• What are his chances of getting visa? Is it low for Nepal? Should he send the documents very quick?
• My brother went to local private consultancy in Nepal who has established their reputation on these (immigration) cased for 12 years. They told him that he doesn’t need to submit anything, and they will take care of the situations. I asked him if he got any instructions and he said all he has in a barcode and the letter. I am getting kind of skeptical about this consultancy.
Can someone please kindly advice what needs to be sent and appx. how soon? Also, what about DS-230 for the baby? Who would sign the form?

Thank you very much!

Pandit1975 congratulations to your brother and his family.
Since the GC process for a sibling can take so long (7-10 years), I certainly see no choice here but for him to go with the DV win, which by the way seems to be a very good number for the AS region and his chances for an interview very good. The DV win is not nullified.
DS-230 forms should be filled out for both adults and the baby and sent in as soon as possible. One of the parents must sign the baby's DS-230 form since the baby cannot do so himself.
In my opinion he DOES NOT need a consultancy. The letter he got has all the instructions, he must go to the website dvselectee.state.gov and follow the instructions. Remember he needs to send in the bar code page and pictures with the other forms as well. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandit1975 congratulations to your brother and his family.
Since the GC process for a sibling can take so long (7-10 years), I certainly see no choice here but for him to go with the DV win, which by the way seems to be a very good number for the AS region and his chances for an interview very good. The DV win is not nullified.
DS-230 forms should be filled out for both adults and the baby and sent in as soon as possible. One of the parents must sign the baby's DS-230 form since the baby cannot do so himself.
In my opinion he DOES NOT need a consultancy. The letter he got has all the instructions, he must go to the website dvselectee.state.gov and follow the instructions. Remember he needs to send in the bar code page and pictures with the other forms as well. Good Luck.

Thank you very much!

My frend won with 2011AF00055xxx He has two problem when he applied
1/ forgat to add his 2 year son
2/ forgat to write one of his two midlle name

Do you think he can get the visa?

honestly, man, how can you forget to add your son and part of your name? what was your friend smoking at the time?

I believe the instructions clearly state that failure to list all children will result in a disqualification of the application. I'm sorry.

That what I told him, because there is no reason to not add your son. That happend, because he said some body else applied for him and did not know about his son.

NL in Dubai

Hey everyone,

Burmese citizen residing in Dubai.

Any one in Dubai have recieved their first NL??????????

thanks for any updates from the middle east!

i reside in the US..i have not received any letter yet ..ive seen people from different countries received their notification letter..and i being in the US not received it yet so does that meani am disqualified