• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

DV winner from Asia

Hello,
my case number 2011AS000014XXX. I am in the US in F1 status. Please suggest me if it is better to go for an AOS or a CP. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Hello;
I am Egyptian. I went to the Visa Bullitens. and in the Africa category, I noticed they put Except Egypt, Ethiopia and Nigeria and they put 3 cut offs which are much lower (almost half) of the cut off of the rest of Africa. Does any one here have an explanation for this?????
Thanx in advance

It could be because there is a greater demand for visas from these countries compared to the rest of the African countries. No country is allocated more than 7% of the total visa pool. So that may be the reason for the lower cutoff. This is just my observation, not sure if it is correct.

Africa is divided into 4 categories, ie, Africa [the whole of Africa except nigeria, ethiopia and egypt], nigeria, [for nigerians], ethiopia, [for ethiopians], and egypt [for egyptians]

Hello naaa;
U for got a few more categories: Botswanians, morrocans, Sudanese, Ghanians, Mautitanians, Algerians, Somalians.........and a few more....
hahahahahaha

I won the 2011 DV lottery. But my number is 2011AS000429XX
1. Does anyone know if I stand any chance to get the Visa, I am malaysian. Let me know if anyone got the GC from such a high case number.
2. When can I expect second NL from KCC if all regions become "current" on August 2011?
And time frame between received 2nd NL and appointment schedule?
3. How fast is the CP ( from interview until received the visa), and won't be receiving GC until admitted to US?
4. What is the standard time frame between submitting AOS and interview appointment?
5.How long does it take to change CP to AOS?

Am I the only one who has realized that no winners have been reporting from the South American region? Clearly they started sending NLs in alphabetical order (by region) but I find it strange that there hasn't been anything from SA yet.

Did I just the miss it when those winners were reporting?

i applied for dv 2011..i am a citizen of india but i was born in congo so was eligible to apply for it.. i am currently in united states on a student visa f1...i have not got any letter yet so does that mean i had no luck this time? There are several people on this forum who are in US got their letter long back but i din get it yet :( :( :(

Hello,
my case number 2011AS000014XXX. I am in the US in F1 status. Please suggest me if it is better to go for an AOS or a CP. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

it depends when your f1 expires. you can estimate when your cn will be current based on last few years visa bulletins. it can be in march/april/may. if you are still in legal status (f1) after these months you can try aos otherwise you should go home and go for cp.
good luck.

Hello naaa;
U for got a few more categories: Botswanians, morrocans, Sudanese, Ghanians, Mautitanians, Algerians, Somalians.........and a few more....
hahahahahaha

I did not forget them. These countries you have mentioned come under Africa. In fact, with the exception of Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt, all the other countries in Africa are chargeable to Africa

yes naaa; u r right again. It is me who misunderstood. Thank God I am in Egypt; one of the Four Independent Districts of Africa.
I luv this sense of humour. I don't why we always have to be an exception Only God knows is it good or bad. Let's wait and see.
(Don't envy me being belonging to the rest non-specific Africa)
:) :)

I have a little silly question:
I know AOS ( Advanced Osteoporosis Syndrome)...................joking (Adjustment of Status)...
I want to know what is CP???? Isn't it Cerebral Palsy??????
Just curious....I m not a resident of the USA

i applied for dv 2011..i am a citizen of india but i was born in congo so was eligible to apply for it.. i am currently in united states on a student visa f1...i have not got any letter yet so does that mean i had no luck this time? There are several people on this forum who are in US got their letter long back but i din get it yet :(:(

I have a little silly question:
I know AOS ( Advanced Osteoporosis Syndrome)...................joking (Adjustment of Status)...
I want to know what is CP???? Isn't it Cerebral Palsy??????
Just curious....I m not a resident of the USA

CP is Consular Processing - it means going through the embassy in your home country.

Hello,

My CN is 2011AS19xxx, which from what I've been told will become current next year's April. Pleas explain what does that mean? "become current"?

When is it good to begin gathering medical examinations, records, transcriptions and evaluations? Moreover I suppose I have to translate them by a certified notary.
I want to have all these papers prepared, but will they deny these records simply because of aging? (i.e. if I file papers which were leased 6-8 months prior to the embassy interview itself).

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My CN is 2011AS19xxx, which from what I've been told will become current next year's April. Pleas explain what does that mean? "become current"?

When is it good to begin gathering medical examinations, records, transcriptions and evaluations? Moreover I suppose I have to translate them by a certified notary.
I want to have all these papers prepared, but will they deny these records simply because of aging? (i.e. if I file papers which were leased 6-8 months prior to the embassy interview itself).

thanks.

crackalackin
current means that your cn is below or smaller than the published cut-off number in the visa bulletin for that month. for eg. in april, let's say, the cut-off published in the visa bulletin is 20,000 for asia ... this means you are current in april.
where are you from?
you have lots of time but you can start preparing some of them right now. medicals have one year's expiration, the rest should not have any expiration to them.
good luck.

Do u mean , while u r staying in the US or while u r staying in ur home country????? If it the latter, isn't it what the most of us are doing now?????
Thanx a lot

Mentionning the papers, Does anyone know if we need a single translated and documented copy of the vital papers (e.g. Marriage cerificate, Birth certificate,....etc)??? or more than one copy???

Hi guys,

Please advice me on what to do or whether i am qualified for the dv. I received the 2011 NL two weeks ago. I do not have a high school cert. I do have a diploma in IT, I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), and a Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA). I also have worked as a Network Admin for three years. I wonder if i am qualified for the DV. Please help. My case number is 2011AF00037xxx. From Cameroon. Any luck for me?

Last edited by a moderator: