• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

From peoples experience of the system is the number EU0002XXXX too large to get a visa? I noticed Europe was only allocated 17000 last year. I'm really worried, can anyone help with this?
Thanks

Stmykael
this is the instruction it says u will disqualify
so there is no prove more than the instruction
if anyone say what ever they like
they do according to their instuction
In previous year yess many people add their finance
but recently starting from 5 or 6 year they didn't
accept this.
so think about it
this is the instruction

11. WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY E-DV ENTRY?
On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all unmarried children under 21 years of age, with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless such child is already a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age at
the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. The fact that you have listed family members on your entry does not mean that they must travel with you. They may choose to remain behind. However, if you include an eligible dependent on your visa application forms that you failed to include on your original entry, your case will be disqualified. This only applies to those who were family members at the time the original application was submitted, not those acquired at a later date. Your spouse may still submit a separate entry, even though he or she is listed on your entry, as long as both entries include details on all dependents in your family. See question #10 above.

Please, do not make a conclusion before reading selectee's instruction. KCC accepts changes in immediate family members after entry of DV and this does not have discrepancy in the description of DV entry instruction. I entered DV2010 as a single, then got married and added my spouse when I sent DS/DSP forms back to KCC enclosing a photocopy of marriage certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
memma, the included instructions do not support your assertion.

The relevant paragraph is quoted below.

However, if you include an eligible dependent on your visa application forms that you failed to include on your original entry, your case will be disqualified. This only applies to those who were family members at the time the original application was submitted, not those acquired at a later date.

What that paragraph says is that you are disqualified if you fail to include all your dependents on your original entry. The dependents are your spouse and all your non-US citizen children.
The highlighted sentence qualifies the first statement by restricting its scope to only those family members that were dependents at the time of the original entry. However, the number of dependents can change by the time you send the DS-230 form, or by the time of the interview, and that is perfectly fine. You just have to prove the change in status with a copy of the marriage/birth/divorce/death certificate, as the case may be.

i am married but i applied as a single and now i am in USA and i wanna to take AOS
Is that mean i am disqualified

What shall I choose in the education section of DS122&230. I have a Master's Degree -- a) University Degree or b) Advanced degree.
Can I change the address I provide on forms DS122 & 230 about where I am going to live permanently and shipment of the GC upon interview? Cause I am not sure yet, cause it may change in the future.

Thanks.

I have received a NL. Does it play a role when exactly I sent the letter back to KCC? I mean, must I sent it directly within 2-3 days back or can I sent it in 1-2 weeks back? Does this have any influence?

I have received a NL. Does it play a role when exactly I sent the letter back to KCC? I mean, must I sent it directly within 2-3 days back or can I sent it in 1-2 weeks back? Does this have any influence?

First it will depend on your case number i.e if it is High or Low...............whats your region and case number?

First it will depend on your case number i.e if it is High or Low...............whats your region and case number?

i agree that it depends on ua case number , if you have a low case number, make sure they have your documnsts befre end of june, if your case number is high by july, oops i sent mine in august but my case number was too high i went to the consular office a year later

high number

From peoples experience of the system is the number EU0002XXXX too large to get a visa? I noticed Europe was only allocated 17000 last year. I'm really worried, can anyone help with this?
Thanks

Do not despair even if your number is high and if you submit as soon as the first envelope, will have a good chance. in recent months comes always current.

Regards

Hi all. Seems like I am one of the extremely few OC applicants. Actually I could've applied under AS too, but I figured it's more to my advantage to go with OC because the ratio of selected:available is more favorable. Actually I have been here for several years doing undergrad and grad F1 - getting my PhD now.

My number is 2010OC3XX...not a bad number, if I am not wrong, I should be current anytime between October and December so I am going to do AOS.

Just received my 1st NL on 5/6/10 (dated 5/3)...still trying to figure out what would be a good time to send my 122 form to KCC and $375 to DOS. The process first appeared very complicated but I think I have it mostly figured out now. Still going to call KCC up tomorrow though. Good luck everyone.

Hi all. Seems like I am one of the extremely few OC applicants. Actually I could've applied under AS too, but I figured it's more to my advantage to go with OC because the ratio of selected:available is more favorable. Actually I have been here for several years doing undergrad and grad F1 - getting my PhD now.

My number is 2010OC3XX...not a bad number, if I am not wrong, I should be current anytime between October and December so I am going to do AOS.

Just received my 1st NL on 5/6/10 (dated 5/3)...still trying to figure out what would be a good time to send my 122 form to KCC and $375 to DOS. The process first appeared very complicated but I think I have it mostly figured out now. Still going to call KCC up tomorrow though. Good luck everyone.

Congratulations! I am so glad to finally see an OC winner. At least it appears that OC letters are being mailed now.

I think you have a good number for OC. Would you mind sharing your country of chargeability? Thanks and Good luck.

CONGRATS WGeneral.... I am from OC also - and I know of 1 or 2 others also on this forum. So you got your letter to a US address or OC address? IF you are in the US - we are all still waiting, praying and crossing fingers here in Australia :) Again, CONGRATS.

Thanks Beech1814 and nybound!
Country is New Zealand ;)

It came to my US address.

Hope you guys with OC addresses can get the NL soon! Crossing the ocean really does take a while, good luck!

Hello all ,

I was selected for further processing in the diversity immigrant Visa program for year 2011

I'm from morocco

Case Number : 2011AF0003XXXX

by mistake i sent only the barcode to (U.S. department of state kentucky consular center 3505 north
highway 25 w Williamsburg KY 40769 U.S.A. ) without requiered documents as shown in ther website :
besides this i have a copy of my barcode

my question is : * can i join this copy of the barcode with my requiered documents ? Or i wait till they return to me my original barcode ?

because i didn't read carefully the instructions that i must download the DSP-122 nd DS-230 forms ......so by mistake i sent only the barcode to KKC

so please ..can someone help me for this mistake ????????? and what should I do now ????

I send an email to them nd they said :

Greetings, Your inquiry or message has been received and routed to the appropriategroup. If you are looking for the latest DV Lottery instructions, This is an automated message, please do not reply. Thank You, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Kentucky Consular Center

and sorry for my bad ENGLISH

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Berrar,
I'm from Algeria, and by the way your English is good.
I didn't send back yet the requested forms. I had a look at the bar code sheet I received and it appears that it's a plain printed US letter size paper. From here I suggest you send the forms with the copy of the bar code sheet you have. Clearly it's not a big deal, the bar code sheet is meant to accelerate the process by using a Barcode reader
And every time a barcode reader fails to read the data, it's manually entered in the system. So the worst it can get is the operator interring manually your identification data.
Good luck!

Hello all ,

I was selected for further processing in the diversity immigrant Visa program for year 2011

I'm from morocco

Case Number : 2011AF0003XXXX

by mistake i sent only the barcode to (U.S. department of state kentucky consular center 3505 north
highway 25 w Williamsburg KY 40769 U.S.A. ) without requiered documents as shown in ther website :
besides this i have a copy of my barcode

my question is : * can i join this copy of the barcode with my requiered documents ? Or i wait till they return to me my original barcode ?

because i didn't read carefully the instructions that i must download the DSP-122 nd DS-230 forms ......so by mistake i sent only the barcode to KKC

so please ..can someone help me for this mistake ????????? and what should I do now ????

I send an email to them nd they said :

and sorry for my bad ENGLISH

Thanks Beech1814 and nybound!
Country is New Zealand ;)

It came to my US address.

Hope you guys with OC addresses can get the NL soon! Crossing the ocean really does take a while, good luck!

Hey WGeneral,

thanks for the well wishes... hopefully it will arrive shortly.