• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

the first NL's riched to Ethiopia on saturday
and Ethiopina post office posted 69 winners list
still have some hope

Originally Posted by stmykael
i have received my NL in ghana 2011AF0003XXX. can i add my fiancee to the processing? we not yet married. can i marry her now n add am to it? wat are my chances then? can by so doing affect my getting GC?

hello stmykael PLEASE read DV 2011 instruction!!!!
if you add her as a married person when u apply originally DV2011 applicatiion u can add her now
BUT, BUT if you apply as a single when u originally submit DV2011 u must
apply as a SINGLE now!!
ohterwise if u add her u will disqulified from the process
please please read DV2011 instruction before u send ur form.

I have downloaded those forms however I want to fill them using a PDF program because it simply looks better then hand writing and I can do that with the DS-230 but not with the DSP-122 because it is write protected :)

You need to download "foxit phantom". This program allows you to fill DSP-122 :)

Originally Posted by stmykael
i have received my NL in ghana 2011AF0003XXX. can i add my fiancee to the processing? we not yet married. can i marry her now n add am to it? wat are my chances then? can by so doing affect my getting GC?

hello stmykael PLEASE read DV 2011 instruction!!!!
if you add her as a married person when u apply originally DV2011 applicatiion u can add her now
BUT, BUT if you apply as a single when u originally submit DV2011 u must
apply as a SINGLE now!!
ohterwise if u add her u will disqulified from the process
please please read DV2011 instruction before u send ur form.

hi stmykael
Hi , lemmi first caution you that too many advice wil leave you confused , pls take what you feel is right and seek God for the best thing to do, however i have more than 5 PRACTICAL EXAMPLES of people who got married after they had received their first NL and when sending back the forms revceived with the first NL thsy included their spouses and it worked for them so i am not giving you advice from a theoretical point of view i am in the states myself and i know it works. well i disagree with someone who said that if you got married before applying dv 2011 thats the only time you should include your spouse and the consular will ask if you were married then why didnt you apply together? but the consular also knows that life didnt stop because you applied for dv 2011 they know singles might get married . married might get divorced. or worse still they may become widows, so they will not disqualify you on the basis that you got married after applying for dv 2011. BUT if you are living in the united states(either you or your spouse) then its a different issue all together in the united states such cases are taken very seriously and visa denial mainly for your spouse can happen. however dont take my advice as the gospel truth PRAY

Got mine Mondy

I just got my NL this Monday. The number is high, 2011AS0027xxx. A bit sad on it.

I'm in Boston. Few questions, I am on my way to finish my PhD, and supposedly start my OPT in Jan 2011. Thus, the potential CP interview should occur close to the end of my OPT. Does it mean I better prepare to apply a working visa (J1/H1) at the same time waiting for my GC interview?

Another question, I won't live in my current address next year (switch to postdoc, might move to other states or cities...). For the documents sending back to KCC now, I can only fill in my current address since I don't know where I will move to next year. Will that be a problem to change my address later with KCC ?

Thanks again for any input..

-----
2011AS0027xxx
2001,05,10 => First NL

Just Recieved My DV

Hi,
I'm an irish national who just received there notification of successful application. Can I please have a vague timeline for case number 2011EU0002XXXX ie interview dates etc?. I am going on a J-1 summer visa and will be back in Ireland in Oct 2010. Obviously I will return early if requested. Is there any advice you could give for filling out the forms? I have a few quick questions on them?
On the DS-230 in parts 10 and 11 it asks for a US address for posting and residence which I don't have? How should I fill this out? Also on the DSP-122 it askes for the petitioner, is this me the applicant?
All you help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks
K
2011EU0002*****

Just Recieved My DV

Hi,
I'm an irish national who just received there notification of successful application. Can I please have a vague timeline for case number 2011EU0002XXXX ie interview dates etc?. I am going on a J-1 summer visa and will be back in Ireland in Oct 2010. Obviously I will return early if requested. Is there any advice you could give for filling out the forms? I have a few quick questions on them?
On the DS-230 in parts 10 and 11 it asks for a US address for posting and residence which I don't have? How should I fill this out? Also on the DSP-122 it askes for the petitioner, is this me the applicant?
Thanks
K
2011EU0002*****

congrats on getting the letter! I'm not 100% sure when your case number will be up for interview. For the US address, you could put N/A on the forms for the moment. However you'll need a US address sorted by the time you enter the US for the first time on your green card as this address will be used to mail your card to you.

congrats on getting the letter! I'm not 100% sure when your case number will be up for interview. For the US address, you could put N/A on the forms for the moment. However you'll need a US address sorted by the time you enter the US for the first time on your green card as this address will be used to mail your card to you.

Thanks for your response AK. Is there a visa bulletin for DV visas becoming current? As I am irish I know embassy waits are usually very short so I 'd be hopeful of some time at the later end of this year? DOes this sound reasonable in your experience?

Just Recieved My DV

Hi,
Thanks
K
2011EU0002*****

my congratulations!!!!
At first I wanna ask if you already got you J-1 visa??? if it's work and travel programm it's ok, if it's internship with restriction 2 years be carefull, because then you can not apply for green card!!!!! unless you waive it!
if you are planning to apply for visa, also be cafull because they have all database on dv loittery, when I tried to get another H2B visa after winning the consular asked me did you apply for GC))) so , now they know everything about the applicants)

my congratulations!!!!
At first I wanna ask if you already got you J-1 visa??? if it's work and travel programm it's ok, if it's internship with restriction 2 years be carefull, because then you can not apply for green card!!!!! unless you waive it!
if you are planning to apply for visa, also be cafull because they have all database on dv loittery, when I tried to get another H2B visa after winning the consular asked me did you apply for GC))) so , now they know everything about the applicants)

Thanks Middleman,
Yes its a work and travel so it will be waived. I assume my timescale will be somewhat the same as yours for last year middleman. all the paper work is confusing but should be fine, sending it tomorrow along with photos, do I need anything else?

Thanks Middleman,
Yes its a work and travel so it will be waived. I assume my timescale will be somewhat the same as yours for last year middleman. all the paper work is confusing but should be fine, sending it tomorrow along with photos, do I need anything else?

if ti's w&t it'll be ok, but be ready in the embassy to answer their question : Have you applied for DV lottery?)))) my advice be positive and tell them truth)

hi stmykael
Hi , lemmi first caution you that too many advice wil leave you confused , pls take what you feel is right and seek God for the best thing to do, however i have more than 5 PRACTICAL EXAMPLES of people who got married after they had received their first NL and when sending back the forms revceived with the first NL thsy included their spouses and it worked for them so i am not giving you advice from a theoretical point of view i am in the states myself and i know it works. well i disagree with someone who said that if you got married before applying dv 2011 thats the only time you should include your spouse and the consular will ask if you were married then why didnt you apply together? but the consular also knows that life didnt stop because you applied for dv 2011 they know singles might get married . married might get divorced. or worse still they may become widows, so they will not disqualify you on the basis that you got married after applying for dv 2011. BUT if you are living in the united states(either you or your spouse) then its a different issue all together in the united states such cases are taken very seriously and visa denial mainly for your spouse can happen. however dont take my advice as the gospel truth PRAY

thanks karol. i appreciate ur thoughts very much.

if ti's w&t it'll be ok, but be ready in the embassy to answer their question : Have you applied for DV lottery?)))) my advice be positive and tell them truth)

Yes they didnt ask :) Its says on my letter 100,000 where chosen for a further application process in which 50,000 visas would be awarded, does this mean we are not guaranteed our application?

congrats

I just got my NL this Monday. The number is high, 2011AS0027xxx. A bit sad on it.

I'm in Boston. Few questions, I am on my way to finish my PhD, and supposedly start my OPT in Jan 2011. Thus, the potential CP interview should occur close to the end of my OPT. Does it mean I better prepare to apply a working visa (J1/H1) at the same time waiting for my GC interview?

Another question, I won't live in my current address next year (switch to postdoc, might move to other states or cities...). For the documents sending back to KCC now, I can only fill in my current address since I don't know where I will move to next year. Will that be a problem to change my address later with KCC ?

Thanks again for any input..

-----
2011AS0027xxx
2001,05,10 => First NL

congratulation
what was the date of the letter

Hi Everyone,

I just got a letterfrom KCC that my name is among the winners of 2011. date on the letter is: May.03, 2010 and my case nymber is : 2011AS00043***. Other important things on my letter: Foreign State Chargeability: IRAN, Post: ABU DHABI. Do you have any idea when (approximately) my interview date will be. They also sent me a barcode and asked to send DSP 122 and DS230 (Part I and II), these 2 last forms are not inside the mail, should I print them from website and fill it?. Should my wife also fill the form DS230 (Part I & II) separately or we should send just one form (4 pages?. Should we send any money from processing fee?. Please help me, I appreciate it.

Arash

congratulation
what was the date of the letter

The date of the letter is May 3rd. I live in Boston though.

I would like to ask few questions again.

1. I am on my way to finish my PhD, and supposedly start my OPT in Jan 2011. Thus, the potential CP interview should occur close to the end of my OPT. Does it mean I better prepare to apply a working visa (J1/H1) at the same time waiting for my GC interview?

2. I won't live in my current address next year (switch to postdoc, might move to other states or cities...). For the documents sending back to KCC now, I can only fill in my current address since I don't know where I will move to next year. Will that be a problem to change my address later with KCC ?

3. Since my number is high as not sure if I will get an interview of not. Can I apply DV2012 too?

Thanks for all replies.

-----
2011AS0027xxx
2001-05-10 => First NL, letter dated May 3rd.

Hi All -
Thanks in advance for responding to my question. I am on a H1B working for a software company here in the US.
I was selected for further processing but my CN is pretty high 2011AF000722xx. I am thinking of doing the AOS.
But I would like to know if any of you have had any experience with such a high CN?
When should I apply for the AOS?
What does that mean to my H1B visa?
What if I travel lets say in December outside of the US?
What happened if my CN never gets current?
Basically what are the Pros and cons of doing AOS with such a high number.

Sorry for the load of questions.

2011AF000722xx